I have about an acre pond shared with a couple of neighbors. Pond is aerated which I turned on a couple of weeks ago and we started feeding again a week or so ago. Bluegill and catfish are active and eating well. Algae is starting to grow, so I put some Aguashade dye in. While I was putting the dye in, I notice about 40 small blue gill (1 to 2 inches) dead around the side of the pond. Some had just died, while others looked to be dead a week or so. No other fish showing any issues. I am not sure it the neighbors sprayed anything on their yards, but it is time when everyone is fertilizing, etc and there was a couple of small oily looking spots. Are small Bluegill more susceptible to toxins that people might spray in the yards? Would it still be safe to eat fish out of the lake? I am going to ask the neighbors, but I wanted to have some idea of what might be happening. I had the pond surveyed by Herman Bros last summer and they want us to take out 25+ bass and harvest bluegill. At that time the water quality was tested and other than being a little high in nitrogen and phospherous, water quality is fine. Now, I am a little concerned it might not be safe. I hate to waste those fish. To make matters worse, the overflow of that pond drains into my other lake. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.