Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,989
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
3 members (Sunil, phinfan, teehjaeh57), 1,143 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Ben Adducchio
So what your telling me is esshup is the mule for Cecil's operation which is why he sends pics from Mexico. j/k

When you say stock app, I assume the Motorola Messages app and not Google Messages or Hangouts.

You can check the APN settings but DO NOT CHANGE. You can very easily not receive any pics or group texts if they change.

Go to phone settings —> more… —>mobile networks —>Access Point Names

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile Virtual network operator: Not set

Again, please do not change. If it is empty not a big deal, they may be using the SIM to program. Sorry Verizon user for many years, not AT&T

Ben, it seems to be all set from the sim, and you can't change anything.

B
B
How long have you had the SIM? It could still be on esshup's side, but really looking like your's as you have rogue messages showing up in other conversations. Could look at more but it would require physical access to the phone which is probably overkill. Depending on age, I would first get a new SIM which will have no effect on the user interface. Should be able to pick one up at the store or even order it through their website. If it is really bothering you there are 2 other options if the new SIM doesn't work:

Kill the app. If you go Settings -> Applications -> scroll to the app and select. Do a force close and delete data and cache. Instructions may not be exactly right as it changes between versions. There is a small database that stores all the txt info, it could be corrupt. YOU WILL LOSE ALL TEXT MESSAGES AND ASSOCIATED PICS

I would look at maybe doing a factory reset but you would lose everything, more or less. Google is pretty good about backing stuff up but you would lose some stuff, IF you use Google to back it up.

Also, AT&T store may see this frequently, so it never hurts to ask even if it is ALWAYS a painful experience. grin

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
How long have you had the SIM? It could still be on esshup's side, but really looking like your's as you have rogue messages showing up in other conversations. Could look at more but it would require physical access to the phone which is probably overkill. Depending on age, I would first get a new SIM which will have no effect on the user interface. Should be able to pick one up at the store or even order it through their website. If it is really bothering you there are 2 other options if the new SIM doesn't work:

Kill the app. If you go Settings -> Applications -> scroll to the app and select. Do a force close and delete data and cache. Instructions may not be exactly right as it changes between versions. There is a small database that stores all the txt info, it could be corrupt. YOU WILL LOSE ALL TEXT MESSAGES AND ASSOCIATED PICS

I would look at maybe doing a factory reset but you would lose everything, more or less. Google is pretty good about backing stuff up but you would lose some stuff, IF you use Google to back it up.

Also, AT&T store may see this frequently, so it never hurts to ask even if it is ALWAYS a painful experience. grin

I had this before he did.

Ben, this is my cell from work. I just deleted everything from esshup, yanked the battery and did a reset. No, I did not loose anything, except what I deleted. Seems cool now because the text from Billy only shows what he sent me. No fireplace.

I'll have esshup send me another pic.

Sorry man. I see my phone has now started sending you pictures of my fireplace.... smile

Last edited by Bill D.; 12/30/15 09:13 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I saw that, but my eyes are not that small.

Let's see if that shows up on everything eek wink

My wife and boys have IPhone6. Mine is lucky to even take a picture! grin

[Linked Image]
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Calling it quits on this. Esshup got one of his buddies involved, but the pics still come thru the MX number.

It is what it is and not worth wasting any more time over.

Thanks for all your help!!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Esshup,

Suggest you check place of manufacture on your phone. I suspect it was made in Mexico and is just trying to call home! grin

Now that's funny!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
So what your telling me is esshup is the mule for Cecil's operation which is why he sends pics from Mexico. j/k

Ben the cartel is coming to your door for exposing me. grin

Be afraid! Be afraid!

eek

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: JKB
Calling it quits on this. Esshup got one of his buddies involved, but the pics still come thru the MX number.

It is what it is and not worth wasting any more time over.

Thanks for all your help!!

I sent a picture via text to a buddy and JKB as a group message, my buddy's phone showed the Indiana number, JKB's the Mexico number (area code).

I have no idea why.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Seems this a fairly common issue with AT&T. Several threads on the net about it. Here's one.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mms-coming-from-wrong-sending-address.801375/

[Linked Image]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
FWIW, I have Verizon.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: esshup
FWIW, I have Verizon.

Don't they share infrastructure? Or does that not matter?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: esshup
FWIW, I have Verizon.

Don't they share infrastructure? Or does that not matter?

Cecil, you got me. I have no idea.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
They buy from each other, so in essence, they do share some of it, but doubt the same software.

Reading a bit more about this, it is not limited to any one carrier or the type of phone, but iPhones seem to have the most grief.

Reading about one guy where his wife sent numerous pics of herself to him, all went to some poor slob (his words) in another state. eek

Could just be a bug in my phone as well. It does goofy things once in a while.

I'll hit the boss up for a new phone next week. After all, he has to keep me happy laugh wink

B
B
JKB pretty much hit it on the head. The technologies are different from a voice perspective and on the 3G side of the house. With the advent of LTE, most carriers will be semi-compatible once all phones switch to voice using LTE exclusively which my guess would be in the next 3-5 years. I say semi-compatible only b/c you never know what b/s system they will put in place to prevent you from switching carriers easily. I believe Sprint and Verizon are CDMA and AT&T and T-mobile are GSM. Rest of the world uses GSM. The servers that perform distribution of MMS messages will always be carrier specific.

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
JKB pretty much hit it on the head. The technologies are different from a voice perspective and on the 3G side of the house. With the advent of LTE, most carriers will be semi-compatible once all phones switch to voice using LTE exclusively which my guess would be in the next 3-5 years. I say semi-compatible only b/c you never know what b/s system they will put in place to prevent you from switching carriers easily. I believe Sprint and Verizon are CDMA and AT&T and T-mobile are GSM. Rest of the world uses GSM. The servers that perform distribution of MMS messages will always be carrier specific.

Without going into boring lengths, LTE is a game changer that will interfere (step on) other wireless networks that can not coexist in the same air space.

Yep, hardware is available, but at a price. The ship yard on an industrial network is gonna wait till prices come down.

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Got a new phone today. Samsung S6 Active. I kinda like it, and it plays well with web servers.

Anyway, waiting for esshup to send a pic to see what happens.

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Yep, pics work normal now. Must have been a bug in my phone when this started a couple years ago, and the phone was no longer capable of being updated. It followed it's path.

From what I've been reading tho, most drop support after 2 years on phones.

Both are Samsung phones tho. Atrix was pre Google acquirement of Motorola, but still had a crap load of Google stuff on it and had to do all this Google crap to make it work.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves