sort of an oxy-fuel torch welding afficianato...

but i have been wanting to get a stick welder for a long time, for those jobs where it's a big piece in thick stock...and i would have been dumping heat into that box scraper all day before it starting flowing a bead decent...

it's more the type of job for one of those old Lincon step transformer AC sticks on 160 amps..

but i saw this thing on sale for a little over a hundred bucks a couple of weeks ago..( look at the size of the electrode holder next to the unit )

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardwa...r/p-2719455.htm

anyway, a little skeptical on the 75 amp max, and worried about the duty cycle, i was shocked when it sizzled off an entire 6013 3/32 with out tripping the duty cycle light....so it's root passes under slow weavers...

little cold looking but not bad, so i stopped and ordered modular small dinse connectors that take #4 cable, #4 cable, and a 200 amp electrode holder and copper ground clamp. ( to replace the #8 cables that came with it, with the cheep battery clamp ground, and , now melted, chincy plastic sheathed electrode holder.

Last edited by rulgert; 09/28/15 03:57 PM.

rulgert the tree saucer bulder