Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,069
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,411
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
15 members (RAH, Freg, Rick O, Justin W, bstone261, Theo Gallus, esshup, jpsdad, Bing, e_stallman, FishinRod, Augie, emactxag, Ron crismon, Dave Davidson1), 725 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
George, thanks for your passion and love for ponds and fish - and for sharing that passion with so many. Wishing you all the best.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Biggest gill on the pond so far because George inspired me to pick up a fly rod and learn how to fly fish! Thx George for the tips for us left handers!! smile

RC

Attached Images
11 inch blue.jpg 11 inch BG.jpg
Last edited by RC51; 08/27/15 03:47 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
OP Offline
Okay Sunil,

Today several of us got over to George's to raise a few Shiners!!

George really liked it!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
If I could find someone who would offer me a contract guaranteeing the life George has had, and that I'd be surrounded by good friends with a beer in my hand at the end, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

George, I truly admire you for finding new ways to enjoy and explore life and relationships over the course of your lifetime, as changes inevitably occur....it really shows in the pictures you've posted over time. No sympathy from me, but respect and admiration always.

Last edited by Yolk Sac; 08/27/15 04:53 PM.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: highflyer
Okay Sunil,

Today several of us got over to George's to raise a few Shiners!!

George really liked it!!

What a fantastic photo!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
B
Fingerling
Fingerling
B
Well Done Fellows!

It's another day in paradise
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Tim, George1

Just go to the fly fishing area

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 08/27/15 05:52 PM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
S
S
George, never got the chance to meet you in person but at highflyer's last get together Carolynn got one of your fly's you tied. Due to that and the inspiration you have given here on PBF Carolynn & I are the owners of two fly rods, took some lessons and she has taken up fly tying and has made a couple dozen so far.

Can't say I'm very good at fly fishing, but will work on it, thanks to you.

John Burns

Last edited by snrub; 08/27/15 06:20 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
M
mpc Offline
M
Hi George, I did not physically meet you,but I am sure I know you to some degree through PB. We will meet on the ONLY true "Perfect Pond" one day, and you can teach me to fly fish, as long as we need for you to teach me.

I always say, I am on the right side of the dirt to people quite often, but the other side is beyond compare if one is ready, as your are.

As you know you will live on in this world here @PB and your friends and colleges will refer to you, of you friendship and knowledge, for a long time. That is a legacy worth living for and as we all do, die for.

I have had several friends and family pass on from cancers and they know there are at times things worse than death, SO, I wish you comfort and internal peace as you transition.

Your PB friend, mpc

Save a best fly rod for me to borrow and I will try to bring my G-loomis ultra-lite to share!!!!

Life is more fun with a pole in your hand.
Hey George,

I got one of your hand tied flies at the last auction. I really really wanted it and then thought....why not donate it back to the forum and let it be a gift that keeps on giving....I still have a pic of it though!

Take care Buddy!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
George - You have been an inspiration to all on Pond Boss for many years. Your passion for raising fish and your talents of tying flies and using the fly rod are documented here and will remain for the future for many more to learn from your posts about your passion for fish and the art of fly angling. It has been a pleasure to meet you and share stories.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 08/27/15 08:17 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
Not here too much but real glad I checked in tonite...

George -I really fed off your passion for ponds and design ideas for all kinds of stuff. Thanks for sharing and keeping this boy in the North inspired.

OP Offline
Just got back from seeing George.

His three living sisters are stopping by tomorrow, the oldest is 96. All of George's sons were there with some of their children and of course, so was Nicky.

George's mind is still as sharp as always. I was scolded at least twice for telling stories!! It was good to see him one last time before I have to go back to work for a while. There is so much more to learn, but he continues to looses weight and strength. His handshake is as strong as ever and I am glad to say he still has the strength to give me a hug before I had to leave. I am glad I saved a few of his flies from our last outing. I think they may end up on a wall in the cabin.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Just checked in and saw this thread. George it was a pleasure to see you at a few of the PB Conferences. You gave me a hand-tied fly years ago, and I never used it - still in the case. It's on my desk, and I see it everyday. Always brings a smile…

Just do it...
AaronM #422597 08/29/15 08:26 PM
Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
King George from the first time I met you at the High-Flyer Ranch in the Fall of 2012 I knew you were someone special.

You are an inspiration, teacher, and friend to many.

Thank you for your friendship.

Please let me know if you & Nicky need anything.

ps: I'm still upset the one time you visit my pond I had already left that day, but I am happy you gave it your blessings.

(Sat June 20th, 2015)

Fishing has never been about the fish....

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
George,
I was a true delight for Jodi and me to meet you at the last pondboss conference.

I would have owned one of your hand-made flies if they weren't so "well-made" and you so "well-loved" the price went through the roof!

Cheers to you and Mrs. Glazener
Dan

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC
V
Fingerling
Fingerling
V
Yeah, I don't check in here as often as I used to, but glad I did today. A few hours ago, I walked down to the pond at first light with the dogs and picked up a spinning rod. While fishing with it, I looked at the flyrods setting there and thought, "What would George think of me?"

I'll fix that this afternoon, George. And I know just what I'll throw... it'll be one of those clousers that my son and I tie on jig hooks now.

You've been a great inspiration to us, George. May the Lord continue to bless you!

Last edited by vamaz; 08/30/15 08:51 AM.
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Took a short road trip to Plano to visit with our dear friend, George Glazener. He has been an instrumental voice in the Pond Boss family. His expectations for all of us is our best...and then to be better. That's his nature.

He and I had a very nice, energetic two hour conversation. He wants all of us to know he is at peace, is pleased with his life and loves us all.

We talked about everything from his life as a geologist to fish to faith. Loved every minute of it.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
George: We've never met in person, but we have exchanged PMs and I'd like to thank you for the personal guidance on HSBs sucessful catch & release and fly rods that you've provided to me as well as the wisdom, example and inspiration you've provided to all of us. Jeff

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Sometimes there are no words that tell the story !!!!!!!

O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Hey George I still have most all of the awesome flies that you have tied for me over the years, although I was never afraid to use them LOL since they are so deadly effective...

These are works of art, inspired by fish, fishing, and friendship.

I intend to keep these in a very safe place, maybe frame them in a display case (I reserve the right to use one every now and then LOL). My personal goal is to teach myself to tie your flies someday, and so I will need these for later instructional purposes. Then I hope to pass em on to friends and family down the road, same way you have done. Never sell them, only give them away. No telling how many countless hours you have spent tying flies that were pre-destined to be given away...

Thank you for every precious moment.

It's ALL about the fish!
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
George,
The first time I met you was at one of the earlier Pond Boss Conferences, you was sitting in the Pond Boss booth. Of course it was not long before you started talking about fly fishing and tying your own pellet flies. I don't think you really felt great that day, but for the next hour or two you showed James and I how to make our own pellet flies. The next day I went out and bought the materials as you instructed and made my own, the pellet flies worked great and I still have most of the materials. I must admit I have not used one of those flies for sometime now, simply because I get busy doing other things. However, this upcoming labor day weekend my 9 year old grandson will be at my lake with me, I am going to grab the fly rod and a handful of pellet flies and we are going fly fishing in your honor! From all of the post above it is obvious God has blessed you George, and pray that he continues to do so.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
When George talks, people listen!

George, thanks for not only helping teach me to become a somewhat better fisher, but more, for being a better man! Living so far away, I have not been able to enjoy seeing your sly grin when you know you're going to make a point that will sink in through my thick skull, but I hope you know I feel blessed to have known you, and especially that you gave me your time and attention to help, talk with, and even yell at me, when needed!

I wonder if the pond God's have a clue what's in store for them soon? Fish on, my friend, FISH ON!

W
Fingerling
Fingerling
W
George

It has been such a pleasure to know you these past few years. Your passion for life has been an inspiration. Your constant encouragement has lifted us all to a higher level and resulted in bringing many people together from all walks of life into one big family. Thank you for this special friendship and the legacy you are leaving us all.

Walt

Walt #422807 09/02/15 07:48 AM
V
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
V
I took the fly rod and our dogs for a walk around the pond Monday evening and landed one of our HSB's. The sun was setting, dogs were lying around, and it was a quick 'thank you' and release of a healthy fish. Doesn't get any better. I wouldn't have them if not for you and others here that suggested what a great fish they could be in a small pond. I looked to the west and wished you well. More importantly I am inspired to be a better man thanks to your life story and advice freely shared.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:13 AM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails