Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,082
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
9 members (Sunil, Jared015, Freg, Justin W, LeighAnn, Donatello, Theo Gallus, homewardbound, DenaTroyer), 786 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
We might take a side trip or 3 to some other ponds in the area too. wink grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
RER Offline
R
wish I had more time during the week to show them around I know a few salwater spots to fish.

I am going to meet them after work thursday and do a little fish fry.
I have some freshly frozen fish from a recent off shore trip for them to try and Emily my wife is running up to Mayport to pick up some fresh wild caught MAYPORT shrimp....(the best shrimp in the world).
The st johns river acts as a nursury and the big ones are harvested just offshore near the mouth of the river.

after a quick meal we will hit the pond and see what they can catch., Im going to have them use live bait so prob will not get any BG,I figured they will catch planty of those further down the trip.

only a slight chance of afternoon thunder storms so that looks good.

It has been really hot and dry the last week, So we will fish from 6:30 ish until dark, the feeder goes off at 7:45 so thats when activity is at its peak.

Hopefully we will have more to post than when CRAY came down to help me seine the pond...LOL

Last edited by BobbyRice; 06/17/15 01:20 PM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Ta quote Hank Hill, "Dammit Bobby" You Texas fellows ought ta like that. I'm sure their visit with you will be one of the finer points on their trip. Your pond maybe the most intriguing BOW that they encounter. I gotta say tho that Ed in the swamp really got my attention. Maybe cause he put me in mind of myself minus the swamp. Anyhow, keep the pics and stories coming. Thank all involved, this IS a life changing experience.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OUCH!!!

I would have thought you'd have a small first aid kit with you!

At least some betadine!

It sounds like the trip is living up to 95% of what you had hoped it would be like.

I can't promise any fish that you haven't caught before (well, maybe a Yellow Perch).

I've got to spray for skeeters here - they are terrible around dusk.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
F
F
Originally Posted By: esshup

I've got to spray for skeeters here - they are terrible around dusk.

Why bother? If Fatih can handle a treble hook like that eek , a mosquito is nothing cool

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
But I can't! wink grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Everything was in our car! But I would guess Josh will be better equipped on his next trip out.

Fatih was a true trooper with that hook! He was not going to be denied more fishing!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I understand now!

I have to check my current fishing "box" to see if I have antiseptic in it.

hot to remove a hook

www.hoosierpondpros.com

G
G
I'm enjoying the reports. You guys certainly have more stamina than I do......... Heck, just a weekend trip to the lake is usually enough to wear me out.

That houseboat excursion looks awesome. Might have to add that to my bucket list.

Gully Washer, the houseboat was definitely a highlight and very worthy of adding to the bucket list!

And stamina? Lol, we're only half way in and I've already called my doctor to have a new back ready for me when I return crazy

(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I have to check my current fishing "box" to see if I have antiseptic in it.

Antiseptic??? - We were too poor for this fancy stuff, well, they didn't waste it on us guy's. Pair of pliers and "get over it" wink

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Trip seems to be going pretty well, and what an experience we can only read about.

I can't imagine being in yours or Fatih's shoes, but it must be just awesome.

It's beyond incredible and I wish it was easier to share more pics and videos, especially feeding the Dolphin and Fatih's bout with the tree and the bug that got up his shirt!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Fatih, the pictures of the Texas trip are great! Yeah, Dave is an old geezer and Al is about as old! wink grin

I'm glad that you could scratch a few fish off of your bucket list. I think you'll catch one more in my pond that you haven't caught before, and maybe a few at the lake house in the public lake.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

F
F

I think you'll catch one more in my pond that you haven't caught before, and maybe a few at the lake house in the public lake.

What kind of tree is that???? crazy smile

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
An unexpected call from somewhere with a Nebraska # had me wondering if Katelin err Bruce had decided to contact me with some new tabloid gossip. Could be TJ as we have exchanged pm's (almost messed up there and didn't include the')lately. Or could it be the daring duo braving the road trip of a lifetime. I decided ta roll the dice cause all of the above mentioned would be interesting to talk with. Answered and through a somewhat static connection was asked if this "is Bob-o from pond boss"? I said no, this Bob-O from Indiana !! Was greeted with "this is Keith and Fatif" and I says so. He asked if I had a few mins to chat and told him sure, fire away. That was opening Pandora's box. Double L can talk as long and uninterrupted as Bob Lusk and Bill Cody. He went into a rant trying to incorporate some of the thousands of great moments they have experienced and probably only scratched the surface.
They are on their way to Windsor, MO. I believe after that up to Scotts for about a week. We're hoping to hijack them over to either Cecils or my place but am worried that Scott may have too much for them to do. Have to play it by ear. My son has a place on Loon lake about 25 miles from Cecils and invited myself and them to camp there on the 4th and maybe do some spearing. If they could come to my place in the afternoon on the 3rd maybe we could get Wild Bill over for a visit and maybe supper. However it works out will be fine, they are already on cloud nine !!! I do however have two concerns. First is that in all the pics I've seen Fatif is only half smiling when he's holding a Gar and a Carp. Maybe I can get him hooked up with a Bowfin and get him ta half smile. Has anyone explained the concept of trash fish? The other thing is when he hooked himself, I didn't detect ANY blood. I asked him if he had been in the Keys, Pensacola, the Everglades and brackish river waters that his blood has turned into saltwater? He mumbled something about it only bled AFTER he removed it. Now I been stuck with multiple pointed objects in various locations over the years and as soon as said sharp object punctured my skin, I bled !!!

Last edited by Bob-O; 06/26/15 11:31 PM. Reason: spellin

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: fish n chips

I think you'll catch one more in my pond that you haven't caught before, and maybe a few at the lake house in the public lake.

What kind of tree is that???? crazy smile

Pin Oak and Cottonwood wink

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bob, Fatih caught a Bowfin in LA. when they were fishing in the swamp.

I've got a couple of things planned, but I'm leaving a lot of options on what to do up to them. I figure they might want to stay in one place for a few days to get their suitcases unpacked and sorted out. Day trips here and there, but back to the same place at night. But, it's up to them.

This next week (at least here) has rain predicted for every day, somewhere between 20 to 60 percent.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

I need more time to fully update our experience with Fireishot as we checked into our hotel last night in Springfield, MO after 11 pm after leaving his place around 11 am. We stopped at Lusk Lodge, met Debbie and Bob around 2:00, fished his Catfish pond, had a great visit with him in his beyond beautiful home and we both got the books "Raising Tropy Bass" and Perfect Pond... Want one?" Autographed by Mr. Lusk as well as the new issue of Pond Boss magazine, hot off the press signed as well. What a great experience!

With a 6 hour drive ahead to get to Springfield, MO, once it hit 10 pm the old driving eyes were getting tired so after making a few calls to try to get some adreneline going, seeing Bob-O's number in my phone was the perfect recipe!

Once I started talking about our adventure with Bob-O I think I could have driven another 500 miles!

So Bob-O, thanks for the chat and helping with getting us to Springfield safely!

We got to Bass Pro @ 7am, I turned Fatih loose with his video equipment and after leaving here we'll make our way to Windsor, MO to see CMM.

And Scott, after now logging over 4,800 miles, and a "few" more to get to your place, I foresee at least one day of this old, tired dog finding a relaxing lawn chair on the end of the pier just soaking it all in.

But as I've said that before and it hasn't happened yet,,,,, we'll see!

Fatih get's plenty of rest as I think the turn of the car key is like a sleeping pill for him grin

More later,

Lovin Livin

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Scott, sounds like your itinerary is just what the wild men need, a bit of r&r for Keith and some cool weather for hook boy. I believe you are somewhere around 90-110 miles from me ? but we are predicted cool weather with some chance of rain for the next ten days. From what LL says Fatih has the door open with pole in hand before the car stops every time they arrive at a BOW. I'm sure he has rain gear.
Keith, I called a lady friend (ok, maybe the lady part is stretchin it) but she wasn't home. You called about 10 mins later and caught me in a gabby mood. The conversation was my pleasure and I too was wide awake at midnight. Adrenalin is amazing. Talk to you two soon.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bob, PM me your address and phone number. Gotta run and deliver some Grass Carp and Bluegills.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

C
CMM Offline
C
Keith( lovinlliving) and Fatih left Windsor Mo a few minutes ago to head towards Rex in St Louis. I cannot express how pleased and honored I am to have been a part of this saga. After meeting these guys, just wow. What energy and passion Fatih has for fish. He is full of questions and is an excellent sport. He and Keith seem to have developed quite a friendship full of teasing. Keith was the prime story teller and was so funny.

We did some shooting, complete with a "gentlemans" wager between the two on the outcome. I am embarrassed to admit that I was out shot with my favorite firearm. Damn, I will be shooting some more .45's up this week!

After that we hit some gills for a few hours, dinner, top water for Lm til dark while my husband sat on the dock with the guitar, then a few fireworks and a bit of visiting and bed. Up early to hit the water before the wind and sun got too bad.

Oh, I am afraid I may have treated at least one of them to a cold shower. Right after they left I realized the hot water heated pilot light had gone out. Oops. Sorry bout that.

So much packed into such a short time. But this makes me want to follow in their footsteps. I am pretty much a technological Neanderthal, but I will eventually learn to post pictures, if only to showcase sparkplugs version of fishing attire modeled by the traveling castaways. Hee hee. Did I mention they were good sports?

Thanks so much for stopping in Windsor and allowing us to get to know you. Best of everything for the rest of your trip and in your lives.
CMM

CMM

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Thank you for the update. I have a bad memory but I think you are the first host to pass on their experience with you or the other way around. When I spoke to Keith the other night "when he got drowsy" I told him I was sure everyone following their trip was envious. I said in the 60s everyone wanted ta jump on a motorcycle and head west. I think the travelin gypsies have outdone that ol school fantasy. And they ain't done yet!!
If they're careless enough ta get to my place, I'll have a report for ya.

Bob-O, you may have CRS too!

Many have replied after hosting us and sharing their experiences.

It was another long day on the road after a fantastic day and a half fly fishing with CMM, with last night being treated to her husband Michael's singing and giutar playing on the dock while we're in the canoes fishing. A scene and experience that just can't be put into words!

Michael got this awesome shot, complete with flying fly line and awesome reflection off the pond.

We'll be arriving at Esshups tomorrow for several days which will give us time to get you all caught up, from our incredible experiences from Texas with Fireishot and Dave Davidson, to Bob and Debbie Lusk at Lusk Lodge, our visit to Bass Pro Shop jn Springfield, MO, fly fishing with CMM in Windsor, MO in our Fishtitution gowns and tonight meeting up again with Rainman & Cathy in St. Louis, MO for another outstanding buffet dinner and shooting some pool at a local pool hall while we were in a tornado warning with sirens blaring shocked

What has happpened over the past 3 weeks is just beyond amazing and far beyond any and all expectations! Everything we've done and seen, everyone we've met, the fish we've caught and everything that's happened seems like a once in a lifetime experience that would just seem impossible to duplicate!

As my brother has stated so many times through Facebook updates and my chats with him, "Wow, just wow!"

It's 1:00 am and we have another 6 hours of driving tomorrow,,,,,,,,, more later!

Lovin Livin!

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
It was a huge pleasure to get to host Keith for a second time, and Fatih for the first time in their 45 days of fun. After a little conversation and after-drive time to wind down, we left for dinner. On the way back to mine and Cathy's home to get our pool cues, at the entrance of our fairly large, suburban housing subdivision, a Doe and her triplets casually crossed the road to graze about 20 feet from us, giving Fatih some excellent picture poses. I'm afraid I didn't take any pictures of the deer, but here is one I took of Cathy, Keith and Fatih after a couple hours shooting pool...Keith is a good shot, and while Fatih may be a beginner, he is quickly mastering the skills!

A sample of this years city deer...possibly one of the triplets seen

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump
by esshup - 03/26/24 09:47 PM
Newly Uploaded Images