Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Jward87, Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka
18,495 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,960
Posts557,934
Members18,496
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shorthose, rjackson, Dave Davidson1, catscratch, Foozle), 691 guests, and 146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
without my consent. Third time now!

This is really starting to piss me off.

Anybody else have this happen?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
Submit, Cecil. It will never cease. Facebook shall overcome.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

S
S

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Read the fine print.

Facebook is no different than most other sites out there today.

Before you signed up, you were a 0. After you signed up, you are a 1.

These places would rather keep you as a 1, despite you wanting and trying to become a 0 again. They already have you as a 1, and they like that. If you become a 0, that's not good for them, but you consented to be a 1 when you signed up.

Usually, if you delete your account and follow the proper procedure, they won't bug you, but you are still a 1 when you would like to be a 0.

Anyone follow this?

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Every time you log on, you reactivate the account....

S
S
Originally Posted By: JKB
Read the fine print.

These places would rather keep you as a 1, despite you wanting and trying to become a 0 again. They already have you as a 1, and they like that. If you become a 0, that's not good for them, but you consented to be a 1 when you signed up.

Usually, if you delete your account and follow the proper procedure, they won't bug you, but you are still a 1 when you would like to be a 0.

Anyone follow this?

John

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Originally Posted By: Rainman

I think this may be the key. I deleted my FB stuff also, but everytime I went to FB to view anyone else's page, voila', there I was again. Maybe my computer was set to autofill my password whenever I visited....don't know.

What finally worked for me, was too simply avoid FB completely. No more visiting anyone's page.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
J
J
Originally Posted By: snrub
Originally Posted By: JKB
Read the fine print.

Anyone follow this?

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Cecil, I had Verizon as my wireless server and they had my consent to debit my bank for payments. I decided to switch to Att for my wireless so contacted my bank to cancel Verizon's ability to withdraw funds. The bank says sorry, we can't provide that service. Verizon will be able to withdraw till they choose not to. Being such a trusting soul of corporations I drove 45 miles the next day to cancel my account at a Verizon service center. They said so sorry to lose you and we will cancel your acc at the end of this month. I says fine, give me proof in writing that I was here and canceled today. They printed me a receipt from the register on the counter that showed $0.00 with the date. I ask what is supposed to show and the guy says that is the only proof we can provide. The chincy receipt actually faded to non readable by the end of the month. They did however stop withdrawing at the appropriate time. Big bus and new technology can be VERY aggravating.
Before anybody jumps me for being a wuss with my bank, I told them right away that if they couldn't provide what I was asking that they would no longer be my bank. Their response was that all banks had to adhere to the same policy. Makes me want to close all accounts except one checking and write about a dozen checks every month...too much effort and the damn banks know it.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

You could just start positng pictures of you mounting those Big Females. That will probably get them to drop your account. grin

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

You could just start positng pictures of you mounting those Big Females. That will probably get them to drop your account. grin

Hmmm... You're giving me ideas... grin

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker

Didn't log in Rex. Why would I log in if I didn't want to be there?

Got an an email today that said "Welcome back to Facebook. We have reactivated your account."

Gotta love it. i need to find my password from over a year ago to delete my account permanently AGAIN!

Yee Haw!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/06/15 11:05 PM.

Lunker
Lunker
Originally Posted By: sprkplug

I think this may be the key. I deleted my FB stuff also, but everytime I went to FB to view anyone else's page, voila', there I was again. Maybe my computer was set to autofill my password whenever I visited....don't know.

What finally worked for me, was too simply avoid FB completely. No more visiting anyone's page.

I'm going to friend you right now, Tony, and trigger you back into 1 status. Join us...it's blissssssful!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

S
S
That is the key. If you visit anyone's FB page, it requires you to log in (or maybe you have a cookie set to auto log in???? don't know).

There have been a few times I followed a link to a FB account and it was asking me to log in to view it. When you do so the account is reactivated. Any more I "just say no".

I get all I need from facebook from my wife. She uses it a lot and keeps me up to date on anything worth knowing. Like someone we know died or something.

Otherwise this and a couple other bulletin board style sites takes up all and more of my spare time. Don't know where I would even fit FB in. My account is deactivated and has been for several years.

Last edited by snrub; 01/07/15 08:22 AM.

John

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I don't visit anybody on facebook. Detest the site! I also believe it would be a great aid to those that do identity theft. And identity theft is an epidemic.

No qualms against those that like the site and I understand it could be useful in some way. Just not my thing reading about the boring lives of other people.

Note:

I am now in line to have my account deactivated. However they refuse to do it for 14 days. For those of you that use the site this should tell you something.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/07/15 08:54 AM.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

I'm going to friend you right now, Tony, and trigger you back into 1 status. Join us...it's blissssssful!

Now that's funny!

Say, what do you suppose would happen if someone leaked the idea to the UFO community that a mysterious, airborne object traveling at an impossibly high rate of speed entered Nebraska airspace, whereupon it promptly crashed into a private pond and quickly sank to the bottom?

I can provide coordinates...

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Lunker
Lunker
Cecil, you can delete your Facebook account permently, deactivation simply leaves the option open for you to come back later.

Now that's funny!

Say, what do you suppose would happen if someone leaked the idea to the UFO community that a mysterious, airborne object traveling at an impossibly high rate of speed entered Nebraska airspace, whereupon it promptly crashed into a private pond and quickly sank to the bottom?

Be sure the environmentalists hear about this as well. The rumour is the event may have resulted in "acutely" killing the fish!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Lunker
Lunker

Now that's funny!

Sounds like a great opportunity for me to finally open my lemonade and grilled bratwurst stand - just open the gates and let the traffic flow! I can play these games all day...eternal optimist that I am!

Your right that there use to be a time limit you had to stay out of your Facebook account to deactivate it. But what I just read now says you can come back to Facebook anytime by just logging back into your old account.
In the Help center it says you must contact them to permanently deactivate your account, and has a link there to do it.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Thank you gentlemen.

I do know I contacted them the last time and it was supposed to be permanent. In fact had the tech in the family do it. Apparently their definition of permanent is different than mine.

I will try that again but I'm not optimistic.

Not really the same thing but I dated a lawyer's daughter once who also be came a lawyer. Anyway he told me it's fruitless go up against a multimillion dollar corporation. Says you can't win. They have all the cards, laywers, and capital

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/07/15 12:12 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Cecil, you 110% positive that the e-mails you are getting are really coming from FB?

I ocassionally get an e-mail *supposedly* from my ISP saying that if I don't click on the link and re-enter my e-mail user name and password that my e-mail account will be deleted or something to that effect.

Really? How stupid do they think I am? (Don't answer that - I AM getting those e-mails after all....)

I'm like snrub, I just don't have the time to do the FB thing although I can see that from a business standpoint it probably would be to my advantage.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: esshup
Cecil, you 110% positive that the e-mails you are getting are really coming from FB?

I ocassionally get an e-mail *supposedly* from my ISP saying that if I don't click on the link and re-enter my e-mail user name and password that my e-mail account will be deleted or something to that effect.

Really? How stupid do they think I am? (Don't answer that - I AM getting those e-mails after all....)

I'm like snrub, I just don't have the time to do the FB thing although I can see that from a business standpoint it probably would be to my advantage.

Yeah, all kind's of crazy stuff out there. Always get bogus Paypal stuff. Not on any social media sites, but have a hell of a lot of old friends that wanna get in touch with me. I probably have a hundred or so ex-girlfriends that really miss the times we shared together... wink

I get a lot of stuff at work from LinkedIn. I actually know the people the requests are coming from, but I'm not gonna sign up. Boss thinks I should, and put my professional profile up. Then what? Told the boss, if I need to contact them, I have their email and phone number. They also have my email and phone number as well wink

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
No, it's legit.

Thanks for asking.

S
S
I may need to do the permanent delete thing by contacting them.

If I ever decide to actually use facebook again, would rather go back as someone better looking and richer anyway. grin

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/23/24 10:22 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by esshup - 04/23/24 10:00 PM
Concrete pond construction