I'm just in the final stages of renovating an old unimproved pond. I drained the old pond and removed all the sludge and then installed a liner. The ponds is aproximatally 1/4+ acre surface, and 15' max deep. The pond has been full of water for about 3 months now, mostly well water to fill it but, there has been some rain water run off. Along with the run off there has been some sidement and dirt that has washed into the pond.There has been a fair amount of dirt that has gone into the water from the placement of rocks around the perimeter of the water line as well as the sand that has been placed on the "beach entry". I just put an ariation sysytem last week. I'm using a compressor with a bottom defuser. I also have a pump the moves about 200 gpm down a rock water coarse into a small pool and then over a 3' fall into the main body of water. Although I was not ready, some of the local boys stoped by and put aprox 6 bass in the pond. Last week I picked up some mosquito fish from the county (free from the dept of enviormental health)and put them in .

THE PROBLEM:The water is a cloudy grayish green with about 1 foot of visibility. I'm located in so.Ca so I'm guesing that the water temp is in the high 60's.

THE BIGGER PROBLEM: I'm as new as the pond.I've read thru several of the posts, but the more I read the more uncertain I am about which application is best for my situation.

Its not my goal to have "pool clear water" but I feel that there is something I can do to improve the clearity and condition of the water.

Kelly B