A little ways down our road we noticed a new house going in that the builder had constructed a pretty large pond (2 acres?) and a nice house early last fall. The pond hadn't filled yet, and I looked with envy at the effort spent on making structure, and the planning that went into placement of where there would be a landing and dock. Simply put, it will be a very nice pond indeed! Deep, probably 20+ feet in places with all sorts of shelves, rock piles, etc.

I walked back down with the dog yesterday, and a half a year later, the equipment is still there on the property moving massive amounts of soil on other parts of the property. Also a very large outbuilding had been built, so I was suspicious of this person really knew what they were doing. I stopped in to say hello as curiosity got the better of me. The pond is about 75% full now, and looking really nice!

When the soil finally thaws, the mob is going to use his mud hole to hid bodies, if not entire vehicles and outbuildings! I will take some pics of the pond when I get permission.

It turns out he owns a construction business, and he specializes in wetland habitat restoration! If only he had been out here a few years sooner to build my pond, I would likely be leak-free. He is definitely a high-end pond builder, he knows all of the information we talk about here regularly. In fact he claims he does pretty well at fixing ponds that were poorly constructed.

If my pond still leaks after the patch job I had done last fall, then I will have him come fix it. I doubt a case of good beer will pull it off though ;-).

Oh, and he has never hear of Pond Boss, I will send him here soon enough.