Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rainman, Bobbss), 458 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#337467 06/02/13 09:37 PM
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
2 4 wheelers stolen. I'm pissed.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ugh. It just ain't right for this to happen to you again.

AL

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Sorry to hear that Dave. I hope they catch them.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Wonder if the cowards know that Texas is a conceal carry state?

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Bing #337477 06/02/13 10:03 PM
B
Fingerling
Fingerling
B
Dave, I am sorry to hear about your theft. I hope the bastards are caught.

It's another day in paradise
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Sorry to hear this... Hopefully you had the VIN's to give to law enforcement so they can be entered into NCIC as stolen. That'll help in possibly finding them.

D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Yeah, I have titles and am insured.

My place is very excluded and not very many people even know it is there. They came in through adjoining property. I keep(kept) the bikes about 150 yards from the house, back in the brush, with covers on. I don't leave the keys in them unless we are riding. They cut wire and tore down some fence from an adjoining property. I assume they hot wired them and went out some pretty rough land to get to the road about 1/8 mile. They cut wire there and, I guess, trailered them away. The owner of the adjoining property probably hasn't been to it in years.

They had to work at it but when these guys veins start itching for drugs, they don't mind a little sweat.

I'll have to replace them. Not having them is like a cowboy without a horse.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Not good at all but at least insurance may cover your expenses.

I doubt that it could be done by some drug addicts. They prefer easier "works" - robbing a person, breaking the door and stealing something or anything similar. This sounds like a planned operation. Sure, it isn't as hard as robbing a bank but anyway it's much harder than coming and stealing a showel and 3 jars of dog food.

Grundulis #337511 06/03/13 06:58 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Somehow, someway I think they knew they were there. Sounds like too much planning happened for it to be a "lookee what I found" type of situation.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Yeah, I figure they had been previously spotted. We've had an awful lot of oilfield activity and they bring in people from everywhere. Pipelines are in and I figure a lot of those are going home. I doubt that the bikes are still local.

To find them, the perps would have had to been on the adjoining property. The electric company just put up a new transmission line across his place. That's more transients.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I'm pissed too.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Geeze Dave. That's awful. How many is that?

When we were having all the problems with the druggies about 8-10 years ago, I put up lots of trail cams (they were 35 mm then), and I put in a four-camera 7-day VCR system. I also put in a security system that would call me if any of the sensors went off. They were for motion, glass breakage, smoke/fire, sound, and sorts and windows. It would tell me what kind of sensor went off, and then I could listen to microphones in the house.

There are much better systems today, especially if you have electricity. The cameras are wireless and have good battery life. They can be monitored via the Internet. The recorders use a computer, or computer hard drive, and will record for days. Such a system may also reduce your insurance.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
Sorry to hear this Dave. Makes me mad when I hear about scumbags thieves. I told my brother recently...once we get the cabin done, we might as well accept that it probably won't be "if" we are hit, just when. I see ATV's on CraigsList that say "no title - cash only". Makes ya wonder. So many "bad guys" these days. We need to get a rope!

Fishing has never been about the fish....

O
O
Sorry to here about this, but like said it is becoming a common occurrence...A good friend of mine had his stolen between deer seasons last year...

We had our gator stolen a few months ago from here at work...

I truly think alot of it happens when kids that have no parental guidance get let loose on the public...Most times the ATV's get trashed and left for junk...

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
We see more problems around here during the summer when kids are out between school years.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
I'm going to buy a couple of used ones but they damn sure have to have a title.

W
W
Dave that is horrible and I am sorry to hear that. I hope they are caught quick and forcefully

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have learned to stop taking it so seriously"

Lunker
Lunker
"Damn thieves" sums it well! mad

Bing #337533 06/03/13 09:51 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bing
Wonder if the cowards know that Texas is a conceal carry state?

Concealed carry, nothing. I wonder if they know it's a shoot on site state!

Sorry to hear this, Dave. That really sucks. I worry about that to some extent at our place since we don't live there, but we do have the advantage of one very watchful neighbor who lives in direct visual site of our building. Makes all the difference.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
When I get home later today I'm installing hidden kill switches in my tractor, UTV, and lawn tractor. There have been stories in our local newspaper that these items have really become hot items for stealing in rural areas.

catmandoo #337536 06/03/13 10:03 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I will have to pick your brain about that concept, Ken. Sounds like a great idea. Of course, if the would be thieves can't get what they came for, they may get ticked off and just end up trashing everything to the point you'd wish they had just stolen a few big ticket items that insurance should replace anyway. I do like the idea, though.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
2 4 wheelers stolen. I'm pissed.
I'm sorry to hear that Dave. Unattended property theft is running rampant in the US right now.

If they were newer 4 wheelers then I would let any ATV dealers near you know that they were stolen. They can input the VIN into their data base. Then if someone tries to service the ATV at a dealer the VIN number will be flagged.

This process however has not helped recover my Polarius (or any of our other property that was stolen) but at least I feel somewhat better about it.

If people want your stuff bad enough they will take it. Period. It my case they pushed down a barbed wire fence and drove a truck on to my property and towed the ranger away (crossing over several adjoining properties). Chains, locks, locking cables were all cut in the process. Security were cameras stolen.

It's all very disheartening.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Todd

To the best of my knowledge, you can disconnect the fuel pump without a problem. On older diesels, not getting fuels to the injectors would require you to bleed the injectors. The newer ones have protection for this. Thus, you could add a hidden weather resistant switch in the fuel pump electrical line. It will probably start and run for a short period of time, until the fuel in the line is consumed. You could also add a hidden switch in the transmission interlock switch line. But, depending how they hot wire to start the tractor, it could potentially still be started.

I'd need to see a wiring diagram of your 4-wheeler. What brand and model is it? I may be able to download a wiring diagram.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
An acquaintance of mine was hit not long ago out at his weekend place. The thieves came in, hooked up to HIS trailer, then used HIS backhoe to pick up and load a woodsplitter, 4-wheeler, and a zero turn riding mower (A big 61" cut deal). They didn't secure the splitter very well, so it came off the trailer and overturned before they left his property.....but the rest of it was gone.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
No offense to our law enforcement friends, but my experience is they are handcuffed by rules and regs and slaves to paperwork, trust me they want to do more. Even if they apprehend the d-bags, this will likely only add to their rap sheet and they will be back at it soon enough

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??