Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,086
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
13 members (dg84s, Shorthose, Sunil, Freg, IND1371, Augie, Fishingadventure, Groundhog7, Brandon Larson, Dave Davidson1, PRCS, Theo Gallus, BillyE), 798 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
I have to keep reminding myself if she really is hungry she will eat the dry food.

Cecil, keep reminding yourself. I've found out that the only time that the above statement isn't true is when a medical condition exists. If that't the case, then you need to be more concerned about the medical condition than the food. In my case, with 2 of them, poor teeth and other side effects that we talked about took a back seat to getting food in them. Both of their medical conditions were to the extent that I didn't have to worry about long term dental care - it was more of making their last 6 months to a year on this earth enjoyable.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Agreeing with all that's been said, the right foods can also prevent medical conditions as well!

I realize I'm not in the majority in feeding Sammy based on a raw-food diet, but we chose that option to hopefully prevent trips to the vet and over the past 3 1/2 years we've been successful with a happy, healthy dog.

Sorry but I'm just a firm believer that based on my research, the 3 best foods (in order) being; Raw food, canned food and dry kibble (without fillers).

So Cecil, don't overlook good quality canned food (void of fillers) as well, even mixed in with the kibble if you like. Good canned foods have meats, veggies, fruits, etc.. She will surely like that far over the kibble and maybe give you the look of "now that's more like it!"

FWIW

BTW, for those in the path of "Storm Q", please be safe!

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
I have to keep reminding myself if she really is hungry she will eat the dry food.

Cecil, keep reminding yourself. I've found out that the only time that the above statement isn't true is when a medical condition exists. If that't the case, then you need to be more concerned about the medical condition than the food. In my case, with 2 of them, poor teeth and other side effects that we talked about took a back seat to getting food in them. Both of their medical conditions were to the extent that I didn't have to worry about long term dental care - it was more of making their last 6 months to a year on this earth enjoyable.

Good point esshup, when our dogs get older, they get the pref treatment (from me especially). I don't know why I do it but it makes them feel better and I am happier. It makes me feel better knowing the only thing they have to worry about is who gets the biggest blanket.

Has she lost any weight yet? If so how much?

Last edited by small pond; 04/19/13 07:50 PM.

Sarcasm...yet another free service I offer.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
5 lbs. so far. I haven't been exercising her lately due to lousy weather but will get back on it when the weather inproves.

Thanks for asking!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Better weather today. Cold, but no rain. First thing this a.m. the wind wasn't bad, but it's supposed to pick up later on in the day. No snow like Dwight has, but still had about 1/4" on the ground at daylight.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Robert-NJ
Cecil,I emailed my cousin who is a vet because this is a issue I've had in the past for her opinion.I would have done so sooner but she just had her first child and being a new father myself I know how that goes.When i hear from her I will post what she has to say.

Thanks Rob. Very nice of you.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: esshup
Better weather today. Cold, but no rain. First thing this a.m. the wind wasn't bad, but it's supposed to pick up later on in the day. No snow like Dwight has, but still had about 1/4" on the ground at daylight.

That sucks Scott but it can't hang on forever.

But I'm sure you'll agree I wouldn't mind a cool wet summer though. My trout would love it. Unfortunately at some point the temps could go the other extreme like someone threw a switch. Who knows? Like Mark Twain said, "Everybody complains about the weather but no one does a thing about it!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'd be perfectly happy with a cool wet summer after last years summer.....

www.hoosierpondpros.com

careful!! keep talking like that and we'll never see a day below 100 shocked laugh Now if you want a cool wet summer start hoping for a dry hot one it works every time grin

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: small pond
careful!! keep talking like that and we'll never see a day below 100 shocked laugh Now if you want a cool wet summer start hoping for a dry hot one it works every time grin

Or go by exactly the opposite of the NWS's long range prediction is and you may have what we can expect. I know of two cases it turned out that way for a winter prediction.

Cecil, do you have any recent pictures of your dog? Is she losing any weight? What's her name?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by Sunil - 03/28/24 03:32 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:50 PM
1 year after stocking question
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday