Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
fishengelbert, Woody Jones, Joe7328, Reno Guerra, Meandvls
18,474 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,936
Posts557,711
Members18,475
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,493
ewest 21,489
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,134
Who's Online Now
15 members (Theo Gallus, Bigtrh24, Theeck, Mainer, catscratch, FireIsHot, Layne, Sunil, Abaggs, homewardbound, Zep, Augie, e_stallman, FishinRod, canyoncreek), 900 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
Mike Frazier at Camelot Bell and Todd Overton at Overton Fisheries are thrilled to announce an exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for private pond and lake owners. Premium Camelot Bell lunker bass fingerlings produced from a 13.5# female Florida largemouth bass will go on sale the week of May 14. This trophy sow brood-stock was one of many hundred lunkers produced at Camelot Bell, a 40-acre private lake originally stocked in 1998 but already full of double-digit fish, and on its way to producing a private water state record. The current lake record is 15.5#, caught in 2012. Lunker fingerlings will be available for purchase during the week of May 14-19. The fingerlings can be delivered (freight charge applies) or picked up at Overton Fisheries if pre-ordered. If you or someone you know has a new or renovated pond or lake full of baitfish and ready for new largemouth bass fingerlings, then jump all over this opportunity like a bass on a bullfrog. Also consider these if you are interested in upgrading the gene pool of your existing fishery.
Mike Frazier and Todd Overton want to see these unique genetics spread around the country. Our process for producing these fingerlings has been documented with video of the broodstock lunker female being stocked and with video of fry sampling. This lunker female and the 6 select males used for spawning were all caught on hook and line. Monster fish from Camelot Bell have been well documented by owner Mike Frazier, as he guides on his own private lake. See the pics at www.camelotbell.com

The unique pure Florida bass at Camelot Bell are built to be trophies. They have pronounced “shoulders” and a frame that is designed for huge growth potential. The iridescent gold reflection across their backs even makes them stand out among other bass. The fingerlings have a green spot on their heads and also show the gold iridescent marking.

Book your order for the lunker fingerlings today.

Last edited by overtonfisheries; 04/21/12 01:25 AM.

It's ALL about the fish!
O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O

Last edited by overtonfisheries; 04/21/12 12:26 AM.

It's ALL about the fish!
Zep Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Very cool. I want some! Thanks Todd!

Fishing has never been about the fish....

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Todd,

Do you have a size? Price? And approx how many are for sale?

O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
I can't predict the future. I can say that I expect them 2"-3" by May 14. They may be larger or smaller than our target 2-3" goal. Understand this was a pond spawn and we saw at least 2 huge groups of fry of various sizes so due to expected cannibalism our results will be monitored but difficult to predict. We may grade fish in pond to pull lgst fish for orders and let the smallest go back, depends on how many we have. No volume discounts, we can't fall back on volume. If you are wanting to grow trophies then accept a lower stocking rate than the traditional 50-100 per acre, such as 25 per acre or even less if conditions are ideal with ample forage. Fathead minnows extremely important.

I will respect forum rules. Email me for pricing.

You fisheries biologists out there need to pay attention to this. Everyone who cares about largemouth bass should pay attention to this development. The folks that stock Camelot fingerlings will be reporting results.

2012 is only the second year that Camelot Bell has stocked tilapia as forage. Overton recently stocked them again. The one acre brood pond will be used for tilapia production in summer and rainbow trout fingerlings grow out in winter.

How many do we have? How many are you looking for Steve?

It's ALL about the fish!
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Todd you going to grow any out to 8-10 inches ?

O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
I haven't thought much about grow out yet EWEST because I hope to sell em all as fingerlings. Sure will let y'all know if we grow some out though.

It's ALL about the fish!
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
IMO at those prices fingerlings are not viable for ponds with existing adult LMB populations. I would buy some at advanced size to improve my genetics.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
I will e-mail you about pricing and availability.

O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
Here is a report on the Camelot Bell Lunker bass fingerling production program. All out success. If you recall, a 13.5# female was stocked along with select males with the goal of producing fingerlings available to the public.

We seined the fingerling production pond on 5/14/2012, and we graded the stocker size cannibals at 3" length, and returned several thousand 1.5"-2" fingerlings to the pond for ~10 days further grow out. We will catch more and hopefully larger size fingerlings next time around. If interested get on the list asap.

The fingerling production pond at Camelot Bell produced many thousands of offspring, which are available for purchase. Book your orders by contacting Overton Fisheries.

Last edited by overtonfisheries; 05/19/12 05:52 PM.

It's ALL about the fish!
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on events.

Last edited by ewest; 05/16/12 07:58 PM.

O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
Next week May 29 - June 2 is the last opportunity for you to purchase Camelot Bell Lunker Fingerlings from the 13.5# female.

We also have Camelot Bell fingerlings (not from the big 13.5lb momma, but from same bloodline) at the farm available now.

Here is video of the previous lunker fingerling harvest:

Lunker Fingerling Harvest

Seining Lunkers

Get on the list for next week! todd@overtoncentral.com

It's ALL about the fish!
O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
Here is an important update to the Camelot Bell Lunker Fingerling program. We have declared the program to be a huge success! I have enjoyed working with and getting to know Mike Frazier of Camelot Bell, and I want to thank him for working with us to take bass fingerling production to the next level...a Lunker Program for the private sector pond and lake stocking industry. Now we can't wait to hear back from out clients in a few years.

Initial efforts to cull cannibals from the fingerling production pond, along with successful fertilization efforts, have produced a fairly uniform crop of now 3" fish.

We have processed all existing orders, and due to the status of this bumper crop, are taking orders again on these special fingerlings after having postponed the implementation of the tilapia baitfish production program in this same pond. Still have many 1000s of fingerlings available. Estimated production numbers from this single female are 30,000+ fingerlings in a 1 acre pond, resulting from a natural spawn with her choice of several males.

I have wanted to implement a program like this for a long time. Next year we plan to bump the program up one notch. Stay tuned.

It's ALL about the fish!
Zep Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Originally Posted By: overtonfisheries
Here is an important update to the Camelot Bell Lunker Fingerling program. We have declared the program to be a huge success! Now we can't wait to hear back from our clients in a few years. Next year we plan to bump the program up one notch. Stay tuned.

Thanks Todd for the update. I look forward to watching my Camelot Bell fingerlings grow up to hopefully become submarines! I plan to add more during annual stockings.

Fishing has never been about the fish....

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Thanks Todd. I wish I could use some now but don't have a place to put them at that size. We look forward to more reports.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Would be nice to add a few of these to our ponds just to see what they could do with the over crowded sunfish.

At any rate congrats on the success and look forward to the updates.

O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
What size do you need EWEST? I stocked 170 hog cannibal Camelot bass fingerings out with 70# FHM one month ago and am dying to see where they are now. They are not from the big female but are from all Camelot brood stock.

I am hoping someone will make us a good offer on the lot of remaining Camelot lunker fingerlings. Pass this around please to anyone you think may be interested. I estimate 15-20 k fish available .

It is hot now and we are hoping to move on to using the production pond to moz tilapia production for rest of season, for release in main lake, back to Mike Frazier's goal of producing a private water state record.

It's ALL about the fish!
O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
Check out this link.

Featured Breeder Mike Frazier

By the way, I think an article in each pond boss issue featuring a closeup look at a chosen advertiser would be a great idea.

It's ALL about the fish!
S
S
I got 2.5" Camelot Bell fingerlings May 8 (not from 13.5Lb sow) and I caught one today to measure and throw back NINE INCHES ON THE MARK.
Today is Aug. 18 so 102 days added 6.5".

S&K LUNKERS-SOON
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Yesterday was a very special day in our pond project that culminated with very special unexpected results, made possible by a couple of very special friends.
After overcoming another health issue and running pond fever, I wanted to make a trip to Overton fish farm to pick up some of my up-to-date high genetic CNBG, but found a big surprise that has completely changed my opinion about LMB.

I discovered Camelot Bell Largemouth bass that has proven amazing growth rates and brought home to son Jeff 8 unbelievable specimens with high growth potential,
Can you believe 14 inches growth in a YOY 6 months old LMB?
There are reports of 20lb class Camelot Bell LMB bass straightened hooks – I am now a believer!

Son Jeff is a bass fanatic and I am phasing out my pond management to have fun fishing, and we will be transitioning to CB LMB by and removing as many of our pure Florida bass as possible.

I know this is a challenge to grow trophy LMB in small ponds but Camelot Bell LMB may be the answer. We are focusing on high intensity forage bass and hopefully limited bass numbers – we fin clipped the CB LMB.

Couldn’t have made it without the help and support of a friend that was my designated driver and heavy lifter and long time friend and pond consultant Todd Overton.

Thanks guys for putting son Jeff on cloud nine.
Photos below – I got the HAWG jumpers!

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

Online Content
Nice. George, you get the coolest fish. laugh

Will you be removing your hybrid stripers?

And, will you move up to a saltwater flyrod? You and Mrs Glazener may need a saltwater fishing belt to get those brutes in. Please keep us updated.

AL

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Nice. George, you get the coolest fish. laugh

Will you be removing your hybrid stripers?
And, will you move up to a saltwater flyrod? You and Mrs Glazener may need a saltwater fishing belt to get those brutes in. Please keep us updated.

Not a chance in this world Al - HSB rule ..... cool
Turned over management of pond to Overton and son Jeff - they can do the work and I'm going fishin'... grin

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

Online Content
I had to ask. I knew they were your babies, and you were very proud of them.

AL

O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
Here are some more pics of Camelot Bell Hogs that we grew out this year for a special customer. We are still super excited about the Camelot Bell project and we hope that Mike Frazier will provide another monster female (and male) for fingerling production in 2013.

We still have a good many 3"-4" Camelot Bell fingerlings available for fall stocking!

It's ALL about the fish!
O
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
O
And here is an awesome pic of a Camelot Bell Broodfish, highlighting the mottling pattern of pure Florida genetics.

It's ALL about the fish!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Ralph D Hart
Recent Posts
aeration pump type?
by Theo Gallus - 04/16/24 10:19 AM
Golden Shiners - What size to stock?
by Theeck - 04/16/24 09:49 AM
How to catch Hybrid Striper
by FireIsHot - 04/16/24 09:45 AM
instant email notifications of post replies ?
by Augie - 04/16/24 09:31 AM
fishing tackle and tackle room
by FireIsHot - 04/16/24 08:30 AM
Compaction Question
by teehjaeh57 - 04/15/24 11:54 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward
by esshup - 04/15/24 09:52 PM
What type of fry?
by Sunil - 04/15/24 08:58 PM
Group Text of Customers, Pay to Fish
by Fishingadventure - 04/15/24 04:24 PM
Pumpkinseed