Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,951
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
11 members (NADam, ArkieJig, highflyer, Lake8, catscratch, WallyB, Bigtrh24, Mainer, TonyinKY, Bill Cody, Rick O), 1,117 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Nice work Cecil, I had one done by Joe Fittante in the eagle river area of Wisconsin and can't be happier to let her swim to grow and reproduce for many more years. You guys are true artists!!

Attached Images
250x137.jpg
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Cecil, my wife was walking by and I told her to look at the musky. I said "I'm going to get one." She said "You're going to put it in your guitar room."

Poor girl.

Nice to see you wear the pants in the family Sunil. If I had a nickel for every wife that came in with the husband to pick up his deer mount, and said, "You're not hanging that in my house," I'd be a rich man. Many of these whimps hung a $400.00 deer mount in the damp basement or garage.

I'm sure glad the wife and I don't dominate each other. It's so much nicer that way.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/19/12 08:54 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Peepaw
Nice work Cecil, I had one done by Joe Fittante in the eagle river area of Wisconsin and can't be happier to let her swim to grow and reproduce for many more years. You guys are true artists!!

How big was the musky? Looks like between 30 and 40 lbs.?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Thanks Eric. Lots of fish species there!

J
J
There is a reason we have a basement. All trophies go in the basement. But great looking fish!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Cecil's diorama is prominently displayed, and the glass is even clean! :-)

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
P
P
She's my largest and third one over 30#. This fish weighed 43# and measured 50 1/2" caught on an old wooden suick on a series of figure eights at the boat. Worth every day and week on the water in late October before freeze up. Can't wait till next year!

P
P
My wife fishes, so the fish on the livingroom wall were not a hard sell. She likes the deer,antelope etc. but still wants me to take the turkey feet and beard to the shop. I caught a good one in Renee'.....lucky

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
If I had a nickel for every wife that came in with the husband to pick up his deer mount, and said, "You're not hanging that in my house," I'd be a rich man. Many of these whimps hung a $400.00 deer mount in the damp basement or garage.

Yeah that's what happened to my cousins 13 pointer, it's collecting dust in the basement.

Hey Cecil, that's a fantastic paint job on that Musky, do you think you could do a Tiger trout, or would that require taking special classes. laugh

Last edited by adirondack pond; 01/20/12 07:42 AM.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I've done tiger trout. No different than painting anything else with an air brush. Repro would be easier than a skin mount but I've done skin mounts.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/20/12 08:15 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Here's peepaw's musky:

My wife might try to say a potential new musky mount has to be contained in my guitar room, but that's just talk. I have a Man's Room on the second floor, or I'll put it in the master bedroom.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Say, are we sure peepaw is not Chuck Norris??

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Say, are we sure peepaw is not Chuck Norris??

We're all still breathing after PBIV aren't we?

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: jludwig
There is a reason we have a basement. All trophies go in the basement. But great looking fish!

If that's your choice and the basement is dry and possibly a finished one that's fine. But some of these guys let their wife's lead then around on a nose ring and the expensive mounts go into a damp dingy basement or garage. I just can't see it.

P
P
The only oriental art I know is eating Chinese food, finished up of coarse, with some home smoked venison jerky for desert.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
I would think that the decision to have a mount made, and then where to hang it, would surely best be discussed with your spouse BEFORE driving to the taxidermist's shop.

I mean honestly, shouldn't these kinds of decisions be reached together, long before arriving with your spouse to pick up the finished product?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Absolutely! My bone of contention was when the wife call the shots completely. Conversely I used to work with a guy that called the shots completely to the extent he treated his wife like a little girl. I found that disturbing.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/20/12 12:33 PM.

P
P
My wise old dad told me to both expect to do 90% of the work in a marrige and reality would put you closer to 50/50....none of us are perfect!

J
J
The basement is completely finished. Just like the upper story of a two-story house only underground. Extra measures were taken to make sure the basement would be dry.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Compromise...it's all about the compromise. I think that anyone who gets married and doesn't expect to give up some of whatever it is that makes them who they are, is headed for trouble. You give up part of yourself, and your spouse gives up part of him/herself.

Then, if kids enter the picture, you each give up still more of who you are, or perhaps who you used to be. I believe that it is the unwillingness to do so, on one or both sides, that causes many problems within a relationship.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Compromise...it's all about the compromise. I think that anyone who gets married and doesn't expect to give up some of whatever it is that makes them who they are, is headed for trouble. You give up part of yourself, and your spouse gives up part of him/herself.

Then, if kids enter the picture, you each give up still more of who you are, or perhaps who you used to be. I believe that it is the unwillingness to do so, on one or both sides, that causes many problems within a relationship.

Bingo!

M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
I have to say that I read this forum every single day. I know with utmost certainty that there is an incredible amount of collective wisdom here on the forum. Not just the type of knowledge that comes from a life of studying books or specimens, but also the culmination of days spent turning wrenches, fixing things that dont need to be, breaking them, and then finally settling for putting it back the way it was(some things really are as good as they're gonna get). I've seen threads where someone can post a grainy cell phone pic of a "green weedy thing" and people will jump at the chance to ID it for them. I admire that excitement because I am not analytical in the same way. I've seen a thread where a man fabricated his own barn doors that roll on tracks! Ya know, no big deal I'm just gonna break out the welder and get at this...I admire this because I just don't have the skillset to do that either. I have seen people design and build their own FREAKIN' HOUSE on this forum! While their safety record may be questionable (don't make me tisk tisk you on ladder safety boys, I'm 28 and you should know better) I am astounded at the perseverance, determination and level of knowledge that is exhibited everyday, in everyway on this forum.
This- "My wise old dad told me to both expect to do 90% of the work in a marrige and reality would put you closer to 50/50....none of us are perfect!" is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. What a profound tidbit to have found in a thread about Cecil's BEAUTIFUL muskie mount!
Relationships require work and I'll be the first to admit that "my" generation expects everything to be easy. Thanks for setting the examples that you do to the young men in your lives and reminding us that the most important things in life aren't meant to be easy.
*hijack off*

Words have the power to both destroy and heal, when words are both true and kind they can change our world...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
A guy I have high respect for told me about this couples counseling program called Family Dynamic.

The program stated that to achieve true intimacy with your spouse, you had to talk with each other, without distraction, for at least 2 hours a day. That's over 14 hours a week, just talking!!!

No wonder you'd get intimacy....you would have exhausted all possible subject matter!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I listen to my wife every day but that doesn't mean I could relay back to you what she said during the whole time. grin

And I'm sure it works both ways, especially when I talk fish. wink

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
maashkinoozhe thanks for the well deserved praise for those here. Great post and thanks - by-the-way - for taking the time to write it well (doing things the right way is multi-generational).

Cecil your work speaks for its self – that is earned praise my friend. You don’t need to thank me – it’s the other way around.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Prayers needed
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 11:24 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Theo Gallus - 04/24/24 05:32 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...