Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,116
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
4 members (anthropic, Brev, Dave Davidson1, jpsdad), 683 guests, and 208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Pond Boss Family, would like to ask you to help out a great cause.

I am participating on a team that will be fishing for 24 hours straight in September, 7pm September 9th to 7pm on the 10th. This is put on by Recycled Fish and the event is the 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon.

TEAM NEFGA
Josh Milczski, Alex Gonzales, Brian Prismantas

This is one of Recycled Fish's biggest fundraisers every year, where teams raise money for a cause(s) to help bring awareness to the issues facing our aquatic resources and our fisheries. Our focus this year is encouraging anglers to use barbless hooks if they're intending to release their catch, keep our shorelines clear of trash, and promote the use of non-powered fishing vessels. Please take the time to look at our page here and if you like what you see, click the donate button near the bottom. Every dollar counts, no amount is too small and would be appreciated immensely.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O.K., is the donation a flat fee, per pound of fish caught, per inch of fish or ??

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Flat fee. If it was per fish, we might not raise anything. blush

Seriously though, if you browse through the sites I posted, it really is an awesome thing Recycled Fish continues to do and they really really need help right now. I've wanted to do this event for the past two years and was unable to participate. I decided not to let anything interfere this year.

Again, anything at all is appreciated. Greatly.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I quickly looked and didn't see if it was a flat fee or what, that's why I asked. It looks like a worthy cause!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Originally Posted By: esshup
I quickly looked and didn't see if it was a flat fee or what, that's why I asked. It looks like a worthy cause!

Definitely a worthy cause. One I'm pretty passionate about.

And I asked permission before I posted this. wink

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Ok, in talking with Bob, I realized I forgot to add something to my initial post. If anyone here is interested in participating you are more than welcome. You can register here. Some pretty sexy trips as prizes for winners.

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Ok, we have some giveaways to offer up. I thought I'd paste it here as well and see if I can talk any of you guys into helping us out. wink

Well, everyone and their mother has fundraisers for Recycled Fish 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon, why not us!

No drawings, no waiting (well except for the mail) no MIGHT get something back.....

What you see posted below is what we have, so please PM me before making donation, that way I don't have 5 people making donation for 1 item.

First up - Who doesn't like Hooters?

A $10 dollar donation to Team NEFGA 1 will get you a $10 gift card and a coupon good for 10 wings when you buy 10 wings and fries, I have 3 available! Buy one or buy them all!

A $5 donation will get you the coupon that's good for 10 wings when you buy 10 wings and fries. 5 available!!!!!

This is an awesome one, I love it, because, well, I love steak!

Make a $40 - $45 donation to team NEFGA, and I will send you a $45 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse! I've got two of these $45 gift certificates.

Lastly (for now)

We have 5 subscriptions to Pond Boss magazine

Make a donation of $20, and one of these subscriptions is yours

Thanks to the great folks at Hooters, Outback Steakhouse, and Pond Boss!

Alex, Brian, and Josh

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
A few other business gifts were given to us to encourage more donations.

$20 in Hooters gift cards plus some coupons - $14
$25 Game Card to Dave & Busters - $19
Free Oil Change at Brakes Plus - $20
Fox and Hound Coupons good for 50 wings and three pizzas - $30
$50 Scheels Sporting Goods Gift Card - $50 (added today! Thanks Scheels!!!!!!!!!!) - $45
34 ice jigs from Jamminjigs.com and Baby Bug Luggage box - $50

Also, a big thanks to Blair for his donation! You're the man Blair!

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Two more big thank you's to Bob for donating 5 Pond Boss subscriptions. They are all gone! And to Bruce for his generous donation as well! Thanks guys!

P
P
Do you need some fish attractors to offer?

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Originally Posted By: Peepaw
Do you need some fish attractors to offer?

That would be incredible David! What could you do for us?

P
P
We'd be happy to be involved in such a good cause! We got cribs....what do you want? From full size deepwater models to small fine structures for fry and garden pond fish, we got you covered.

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
A very generous donation has been made by fishiding.com. We have received two each of their Keeper, Cradle, Safehouse, and Smallspot Markers. I have provided the retail price for each of these as well as a picture and description. Any fair donation will be accepted. Simply donate to Team NEFGA, then PM me what product you would like along with an address to send it to. Thank you so much to David Ewald at fishiding.com. What he and his company are doing is a wonderful thing and their incredible donation is immensely appreciated.

So take a look at the pond structure available. This stuff works, as you all know, and the money goes to a great cause. Win-win if there ever was one. Thanks!

Keeper
Retail - $70.00

Product Description
This is our largest model of artificial habitat. This unit stands 48" tall and opens to 84" in diameter.
Maximum shade and protection is abundant throughout this eco. friendly product made with reclaimed pvc material. With limbs all standing a full 48", these 2-1/2"-3-1/2" wide surfaces grow algae and aquatic life quickly.
Each keeper weighs approx. 28 pounds, and is recommended for depths over 10 feet. This large and somewhat coarse cover, provides habitat for all sizes of fish.
Bass,crappie,panfish alike utilize the shading effects of this new type of artificial fish attractor. Go-green and promote fish habitat restoration! Made in the USA with all American made materials.
Reclaimed pvc limbs provide an eco.-friendly solution to fish habitat loss and degradation. Over 62 square feet surface area. each.

Safehouse
Retail - $55.00

Product Description
This safehouse fish habitat unit stands between 42" and 46" tall and weighs about 14 pounds. This fish attractor has all the needed coverage to hold all sizes of fish.
Consisting of limbs ranging in width from 1.5"-4" wide and 18"-46" tall, it opens to a full 72" wide. With an average of 44 square feet of surface area, it provides plenty of surface area for algae and shade to attract fish.
Recommended for depths of 6'-12'. Reclaimed pvc limbs provide an eco.-friendly solution to fish habitat loss and degradation.
Bend to shape by hand to any desired shape and toss in water. Sinks itself. Made in the USA with all American made materials.
Reclaimed pvc limbs provide an eco.-friendly solution to fish habitat. No tools or additional parts required to assemble and install.

Cradle
Retail - $60.00

Product Description
This is a single Cradle unit, ready to start raising the fry. This fine,dense fish habitat is just what the smallest of fry and larvae need to grow.
The cradle weighs approx. 16 pounds and comes in a variety of shapes. Each unit comes with hundreds of super-fine strands of pvc to comfort the newborn fry.
Biologists agree that ample fine cover for fry is essential to create for a well balanced eco. system. This environmentaly friendly idea has taken the fisheries industry to new levels.
Understanding the importance of the correct habitat for fry and smaller fish is far to often overlooked. Do your part to provide more eco.-friendly fish habitat today!
Can be installed as shown or bent by hand to any desired shape. Go-green and promote fish habitat restoration! Made in the USA with all American made materials.
Reclaimed pvc limbs provide an eco.-friendly solution to fish habitat loss and degradation. Over 22 square feet surface area each.

SmallSpot Markers
Retail - $35.00

Product Description
Correct fish structure placement is crucial to maximize the benefits to both the fish and fisherman. This full six pack of smallspots will help your structure project succeed.
Create the shape of cover you intend with "Spot On" accuracy. The smallspots measure 3.5" long and 1.5" in diameter, with over 30 feet of line and a sturdy spring clip attached.
Design and install your next structure project with confidence. Works on all types of products that sink. Ballast weight system ensures a truly vertical "spot".
Ensure your fish habitat structure projects succeed with accurate structure placement. Fish with confidence. Fish the spot.
Free storage bag included. Made in the USA with all American made materials.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
24 Hour Fish*a*Thon
It's not too late to donate to this great cause! Good luck Josh and team NEFGA!!!

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Sue, thank you so much for your donation! Vertex ROCKS!!

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Another great donation! Thank you Ted Lea and ForeverGreen!

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
A few pics from this weekend.

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O

After 24 hours of nonstop fishing, you eventually do lose your mind...

Thanks to all who donated! It was an experience I will not soon forget.

P
P
Great job guys! Looks like you need to reveal your secret catfish mix. What were the final results?

O
Omaha Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
We don't know the results just yet. They'll need a few days to compile everything I guess. I think we did pretty well, but there were a lot of quality anglers across the nation that participated so we'll see where we stack up.

The cats seemed to like Stubby Steves and liver more than anything else. Could not find too many bass or bluegill which was frustrating.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/29/24 01:06 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails