Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,082
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jared015, Freg, Justin W, LeighAnn, Donatello, Theo Gallus, Sunil, homewardbound, DenaTroyer), 778 guests, and 224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
The general meaning is I was lucky, got the call last night from my daughter, dad you got to come "A"(my oldest son) is hurt badly/dying.
Lucky? well sort off? he was alive, so yes lucky because somebody managed to stop it(not his friends) but good (strong) bystanders(I love them for their guts to intervein, and thei will be onerd).
Anyhow we got my son to the emergency care and he is "fine" wich means he is "lucky" been in intesive care lost 2 theet probally 2 more? conchushain.............. but he will be fine?
So fare $ 700 in expences estimate from the dentist $ 15.000
within the next 12-24 monts?

I, we were lucky? wath the fu&"# is luck?

I'm a "glad" but frustrated dad at the momente and don't feel particulary "lucky"

PAUL
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Andy,

I'm glad your son is O.K.

I would think anyone that has lost a child would consider you "lucky." frown

I don't envy you parents. grin I have no children of my own although I've helped raise two of someone else's so far. Yes I know they're a blessing but there are always two sides to everything. LOL

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/23/11 05:25 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Good to hear your son is ok, I know what it's like to have close calls with kids.

A
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
well my son is not OK he is badly injured, but doing fine under the surcumstances, and will be "OK"?
So was this lucky? well not in my book.
The luck is apart from being rescued, from good onest bystanders, that he has good suport in the followup,I have name and pics off 5 off the 7 persons that did him thru privat invstigation by now, but the police did not respond to the 4 emegency calls that was mad during the atack, and that might be a problem?
Yeah I was luky? because they went for the kill but was stopped.
And I did have them blocked in, when I went to pick my son up, and had to decide to let them go, because I had no state off his well being,except from my daughters call, so I had to get to him before getting in to "them" That was probabbly the "luck" I have seen them they are braging on the internett so they are building the case (legal) against them selfe as off now, so instead off me being arested for revenge it will hopefully be sorted legaly right?
Still I find it hard having a son in intensive care, knowing howm did it and their home adresses, and not taking emidiate action towards them.
Good to blow out the frustration I feel right now any how.
But still in my head this is not being lucky.
Even do it coud have been worse.

PAUL
A
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
CB1 and AP thanks for your consern,I'm sill a bit escaleted and a bit full off adrenalin and confused, so I forgot to say, sorry.

PAUL
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
That's ok Paul, I know it's tough but try to stay within the law, your family needs you.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Paul, what has happened?

Glad everyone is still alive!

Don't do anything until all the dust has settled.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Geeze Paul, what the heck? I'm glad that your son is still alive, and that you didn't do anything that you might have regretted later. Unfortunately it seems that the legal system isn't harsh enough on the bad guys, but really comes down hard on the good guys in situations like yours.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Prayers coming Paul.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
A
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
Well my son is home again, smiling vith the same grin as when he, was 6 years old.
Dental surgery to day again to morrow, and then back and forth x times within the next year
So yeah I, we realise that we where indid lucky, just not the type off luck you dream about or wish for.

As for the bad guys, we will follow all the legal paths and are getting good advcie from the best criminal loyers around.
The prosecuter/police are getting the mesage, and ther is a shake down
to come at multiple adresses soon to come.
Unfortenally the law is not used to people standing up or have the guts to press charges, so thats the explenation to lack off repons.
They arest and have to let go, evidence vitneses.....bla bla.
Gues what they picked the wrong victim, this time.
They have a shock and awe experience heading their way, 100% legal. sadly it will be a unplesant experience for their familiys wich are mostely nice and honest.

I gues thats called bad luck for them?

Glad now that I didn't act upon my imidiate feelings, would have destroyed this option.

PAUL
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Paul, can you tell us what happened?

From a legal standpoint, it may not be wise to say. I don't know about that.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
A
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
My son was participant in a big winter outdoor/forest party a traditional yearly event.
Then he was jumped or attact for no reason, by these guys (dopheads speed freaks) They have developed a bad habit, gangsterwanabe gang related.
It would have been another victim if he wasen't there.
He was a bit tuffer than they expected?
So after shaking off 3, they lost face? came back 7 to many he was knocked unchonsies?
So they went for the kill in their mad minds, kicking him when he was pased out.

PAUL
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Sorry about the event. Glad your son will be ok. Give the criminals enough rope to hang themselves (let them talk but copy what they say from the net) for evidence. Keep your public comments low and not filled with rage or vengeance. If the police/prosecutors don't do their job then go to the press (newspaper) and to higher authorities. He who laughs last laughs best.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Sorry to hear about that Paul. I too am glad he will be all right.

A similar thing happened to my nephew last month. He was brutally beaten by a bunch of thugs. They kept kicking him in the head and back. The spinal injuries were not too severe, but he will never be the same.

All of this because they wanted his cell phone.

Pure craziness.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
A friend I knew in college from Denmark told me you have some really rough biker types up there especially in Sweden. One threatened to kill his mom for no reason. Heinrick is not afraid of anyone but his mom wisely told him to shut up and they left the area.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Paul good to hear that your son should come out without major permanent injury, I hope your legal path punishes the offenders severely, but sometimes I really wish for a little frontier justice. wink

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
Paul good to hear that your son should come out without major permanent injury, I hope your legal path punishes the offenders severely, but sometimes I really wish for a little frontier justice. wink

Amen to that AP!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
AP I hear you on the "frontier justice" . I understand the feeling , problem is sometimes (small %) that resulted in lynching of innocent people. Not good if you just happened to be the innocent who was passing by and got the noose.

JKB I hope the criminals who did that recieve their just reward. mad

Last edited by ewest; 01/24/11 03:29 PM.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: JKB
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond

Amen to that AP!

I'll third that. At times is seems that the criminals have more rights than the victims.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Andy,

Not making light of your son's situation in any way, shape, or form, but I thought you or others may find the following amusing if you haven't seen it.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/24/11 09:41 PM.

A
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
A
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Andy,

Not making light of your son's situation in any way, shape, or form, but I thought you or others may find the following amusing if you haven't seen it.

Fine and amusing/funny sign.linked directly to my own thaughts arround the word "Lucky"

Humor is the best medicin, and my son is gona be fine.
One of his favorit foods is corn on the cob.
When you have kids or other people you love/care for, you try to comfort them in any way you can, when they are sick or hurt.
Part of that is offering them somthing they like to eat.

Gues what he has been offerd as a treat/meal.
Humor and smiles is good for the spirit wich is the #1 medicine, to put any thing behind you.

As for the justice system, in Norway or other western democratic country, I think they are the most functional ones.
I still get a bit offended by the miss use, lack off use, and horrible tecnicalieties, that lets people off the hook.
So hom dosen't wish for frontier justice ewery so often?
I feel confident that I/we have the resources and means,to make the justice system work at it's best
(tools/§/resources/priority).
I choose to belive that, until I'm prooven wrong, and can/will not allow, fellings (strong) goof it up.

We do not wan't a chatc and release
The small fish (uderzise) is gona fry or at least get that belive/feeling.

thanks to all for good moral suport

This takes "Creating habitat" to different level.

PAUL
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
We are here if you want to talk more. No shortage of opinions or ideas from this group.

Hoping for your family to get past this horror.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump
by esshup - 03/26/24 09:47 PM
Newly Uploaded Images