Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka, gautprod
18,494 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,957
Posts557,915
Members18,494
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,533
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
14 members (Theo Gallus, Donatello, ghdmd, DrewSh, FishinRod, catscratch, phinfan, Theeck, Cliff76169, Justin W, Shorthose, canyoncreek, Boondoggle, Bigtrh24), 843 guests, and 216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I might get one of those outter socks that slip over the filter aswell, Just too be safe.. Also on the box I'm gonna paint those vents same as the box, forgot to mention that, don't need that flashy aluminum in the field smile

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Well got some more work done on the box. Painted, vents completed, conduit attachments put in, padded the bottom, All i Have left to do is eggshell it, mount manifold, mount compressor, and electrical junction box.. Tell me what you guys think.. Not bad for a po-boy job. Beats the 250-600 price tag of the prebuilt ones.. I think i might cut the legs off to keep it close to the ground. I was thinking leave them long so i wouldnt have to bend down to work on things, but if i leave them long it will look like a sore thumb sticking out next to my pond, maybe i'll put it like it is and landscape around it. I dont know.. Spring will be here before we know. Im gonna use air conditioner/condensor pads for my diffusers. The bottoms have ribs that i could drill through all of them and pour concrete in and the concrete would connect through the holes really attaching it to the bottom of the pad. Also giving me a solid weighted base then i could just attach my diffusers with stainless strapping and stainless tap cons. The pads are about $25 apiece and my birtdays this friday so i told my Wife to get me 2 for my birthday then ill buy the last.. Coming together nicely. Still need to figure out a good line/hose plan thats next. Also i have to run electric a few hundred feet to where i wanna place my compressor.. lots to do and times flying buy. On a side note i picked up a moultrie game feeder 30 gallon plastic feeder, they were on clearance for $90 i had $75 gift card from my dad so about $20 i got it for. Im just gonna solid mount it on a post out in the pond and see how it works out.. Well theres my novel enjoy..

Attached Images
IMG_5842.jpg IMG_5843.jpg IMG_5844.jpg IMG_5845.jpg IMG_5846.jpg

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
That looks really nice, BGK. Remember that you are contractually obligated (it's in the fine print of the member sign up when you joined!) to keep us posted on this project as it progresses, up to and including final installation out in the field.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Im trying Todd. So far ive done a good amount of pic taking. Hopefully ill be able to take some pics of my fish growing too, just to make this work and money worthwhile..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Also thats 3 coats of clear making her shine like that.. LOL

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Some of my latest work. Built a manifold out of copper w/a gauge and relief valve. Plumbed my filter with a anti backflow valve. Also got all of my tubing.. Waiting for my sound deading material to come in, then i gotta find a couple fans, then on to electric.. Wanna thank Ted Lea, Bill Cody and everyone on here for all your help.. Next is Electrical..

Attached Images
manifold, tubing 006.jpg manifold, tubing 007.jpg manifold, tubing 008.jpg manifold, tubing 009.jpg

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Nice BK!!

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Lookin' good!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
thanks guys was hoping my sound deadner would come in today. Didnt happen.. What these chumps at fedex cant drive through a foot of ice and snow to get me my stuff lol. Where can i get a good deal on fans for cheap that will hold up to the heat also 230v. Im getting closer to just breaking down and buying them from greg but i thought i could find them cheaper, and he'll probably prove me wrong again and maybe ill just start listening to what he says lol

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Got my sound deadner installed. Hope this baby purrs like a kitten.. Im also gonna put some carpet pad under the compressor to help with noise.. I was thinking of building some kind of false walls on the inside of the vents to kill more noise. What i think im gonna do is use fans to draw fresh filtered air in the bottom where its dry and force that air out the sides and into the compressor..

Attached Images
sound deadner 003.jpg sound deadner 002.jpg sound deadner 001.jpg

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Also milled this fitting out to keep my pressure down on the compressor.. A little secret someone let me in on.. Keeps the compressor from working to hard and wearing prematurely.. Just a little trick thought you guys might like to see..

Attached Images
filter plumbing 005.jpg filter plumbing 008.jpg
Last edited by Bluegillerkiller; 02/14/11 06:51 PM.

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Got a little more stuff done.. Was waiting on another 2ft of sound deadner.. Anyways tell me what you guys think and im open to suggestion..

Attached Images
manifold installed 001.jpg manifold installed 002.jpg manifold installed 003.jpg manifold installed 004.jpg manifold installed 005.jpg

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Wow...I am impressed.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Youve been cleared for "takeoff" !! Are you pulling air in from the bottom or pushing air out thru the bottom with the fans ?

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Im pulling air in from the bottom... Reason being, If i suck it from the bottom i dont have to worry about sucking in water and it will blow water away from the vents. The fans are not installed yet just setting in the bottom im making a little frame that will hold a furnace style filter over the fans to fight dust even though it will be mounted on concrete..,

It looks like something futuristic with that sound deadner. I still need some hydraulic flex line to connect the pump to the manifold, also need to wire in my fans. Another major project is trenching power from my house down to it thats gonna be 100-200' havent even began to measure that yet.. Definately still on target for the spring start up.. Oh yeah need to make my bases for the diffusers yet too..

Couldnt of done it without your help Ted, also Bill Cody helped to..
Thanks Guys

Got any suggestions?

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Also the fans will be mounted like this probably.. More symetric.. I must have some kind of OCD..

Attached Images
manifold installed.jpg

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

C
C
very nice work, i was lazy and ordered mine from ted. and my shop was only 150' away so its mounted in the headed shop.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Let me here some diffusers base/pad ideas? I've got some ideas but there kinda expensive I'm a cheapskate and have 3 kids..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

R
R
BGK, System is looking good! I used bread racks, they held three 9" diffusers perfect. Here is the link to some pics. You can find these things at any grocery store sitting outback. If you cant find bread racks, milk crates, or plastic plallets. All there doing is sitting on the bottom of the bond, who cares what it looks like. I liked the bread racks because i put river stone between them for weight and zipptied them all together.
http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=248108#Post248108

Last edited by roadjoker22; 02/15/11 06:32 PM.

A weeks worth of vacation, 59 hours in a John Deere 160, 2 logs of Skoal, 1500$ in fuel, Lots of help from the neigbors and my old man, and a wife with an open mind to let me dig a pond at are cabin. All i can say is life is good!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I seen your setup RJ22 and i like it, thing is my ponds 20-30 yrs old and has never been aerated. I have i know for sure atleast a foot of muck in most places. So i need a fairly big SOLID base to set my diffusers on to keep them from stirring up muck and making muddy water..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

R
R
Thanks BGK. what about a large rubber made tote like 2'deep x4' wide x3'high (like the big ones you store fake christmas tress in)put some weight in the bottom. that way if it did sink into the muck a foot or 2 the diffusers still would be inside the tote and the top rim of the tote would be 1 to 2 feet above the top of the muck? Cheap to at 10$ to 15$ bucks a peice. Just and idea

Last edited by roadjoker22; 02/15/11 08:25 PM.

A weeks worth of vacation, 59 hours in a John Deere 160, 2 logs of Skoal, 1500$ in fuel, Lots of help from the neigbors and my old man, and a wife with an open mind to let me dig a pond at are cabin. All i can say is life is good!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I found something id like to use, But the shipping on it kills me. there like $25 each, Air Conditioner Pads flipped over and filled with concrete (50lbs). They are real thick plastic that would last forever but they want like $100 for shipping 3 crazy.. Im gonna figure out a way to get that shipping lowered..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Update: Got my trench in to run power over to the compressor and dock area.. 500' OUCH...

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Any more updates? Pictures?

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Latest update:

Wire is buried from basement to location (575'). I need some help now.. I have (3) fans and the pump all in the pump house.., I wired the all together in a junction box? Now for the house end of it. What do I do? As far as my panel box? Or I'm thinking I have to come out of the panel box to an outlet so I can put an in-line timer in.. What breaker should I use.. My pump only pulls like 5-10 amps can't remember exactly off the top of my head? Can someone guide me??

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
island_beam
Recent Posts
Considering expansion of DIY solar aeration
by ghdmd - 04/23/24 09:42 AM
Howdy from West Central Louisiana
by FishinRod - 04/23/24 09:27 AM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...