Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
3 members (Angler8689, Layne, anthropic), 574 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#244668 01/13/11 09:39 AM
F
OP Offline
F
nOTE THE PLAID BELLS AND THE CHOPS!

Attached Images
21.jpg 22.jpg 30.jpg 20.jpg

" EVERY DAY I'M AMAZED BY HOW MANY THINGS I DON'T KNOW AND HOW MUCH STUFF I DON'T UNDERSTAND"
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
So when were those pictures taken?

Last year?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Sunil #244675 01/13/11 10:41 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I wish...heres a couple from last year...take a look and do the brutal math.

Attached Images
2010 181.jpg opopop 022.jpg

" EVERY DAY I'M AMAZED BY HOW MANY THINGS I DON'T KNOW AND HOW MUCH STUFF I DON'T UNDERSTAND"
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
The sixties right? I wasn't a allowed to wear bell bottoms and had to have short hair during that time period. My dad was a Sgt. at the time.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm betting on the mid '70's.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
esshup #244680 01/13/11 11:04 AM
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I bet the fishermen in the new pics are better than the old pics. Well conditioned LMB on the first new pic. The second new pic is priceless.

esshup #244682 01/13/11 11:08 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Scott gets the cookie! Cecil my father was retired A.F. but was allowing me to let him live vicariously through me!

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Great pictures FFF!

ewest #244685 01/13/11 12:01 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Ewest Thanks for the comments ..I'd like to think I've got a better handle on this whole catchin bass thing by now...but sometimes I don't know. I think that a lot of times I OVERTHINK it, at least I think I'm overthinking it. Example I can be in the boat on one of my favorite high confidence lakes totally WEARING THEM OUT111 ON a Shad Rap sr7 in 8ft of water and my mind is racing with thoughts like " I bet I could do even better if I moved over to the dam and bumped a jig-n-pig down the rip-rap or maybe even better yet if I went to the back and slow rolled a big tandem spinnerbait through those laydowns, oh no wait a minute I KNOW!! I should probably be twitchin a weightless senko along the dock pillings!!! or bubbling a big bluegill colored buzzbait back in that cut along the northwest weedline that the wind has been blowing up against for two straight days!!!!YEAH THATS IT!!
Anyway yall get the point. Sometimes I think I think I overthink it. Back in the day I only owned 1 or 2 rods a leaking old jonboat and a paddle. All my lures would fit in a cigar box I was just thrilled to spend the day throwin at the bank!! Sincerely Ken

Ps That 2nd new pic was a candid shot my wife took while I was in deep thought wondering what in the world that 90day old bass was thinking when he hit that #5 Rapala...surely he didn't think he could swallow it? maybe it was some kind of premature sexual overture? maybe he was trying to start some kind of wrestling match? I have thought about it and thought about it and thought about it uh-oh there I go again

Omaha #244686 01/13/11 12:09 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks...I really enjoy this site...However I hate winter...way too much time on my hands...at this rate I'll probably get expunged or else I will have long since passed Bruce and be breathing down Cecils neck on the top poster board before the water hits the mid 50's her in sc.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
FFF, you could always take up hard water fishing for LMB, providing you get enough to walk on! grin

I once caught a YP on the rear treble and a LMB on the front treble of a Silver/black floating F05 Rapala. Both of the fish were just slightly larger than the lure. I'm guessing that the YP nipped at the "tail" getting hooked, and the LMB tried to steal it's dinner, getting hooked in the process.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
esshup #244696 01/13/11 02:16 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Hey Esshup Thanks for the comments. I have never seen an iced over lake in my entire life. Just shelterd I guess. Not to get off topic but I noticed in your profile you liked hunting/dog training. I don't know if thats upland/waterfowl or just plain "bird huntin". Where I'm from (south georgia) bird huntin with dogs just meant one thing QUAIL!!! I had an uncle John Lee Sale that worked as a guide and dog trainer at Callaway Gardens in w. central ga for 20 yrs. Anyway I used to go up and help him 6-8 wks a year, some minor dog work but my biggest claim to fame was putting out 3 or 4 "coveys" of pen raised birds just before he took a party out. Funniest ( read saddest ) thing you ever saw! These partys were invariably fat, successful "Yankees" (sorry if thats politically incorrect..it's just the best way I know to describe them...if they had been ignorant crackers then I would have described as such) all their new hunting clothes were straight out of L>L>Bean, they were always toting the finest 2k-3k European o/u's and semi's etc. Saddly they couldn't hit the wagon we got out of, the poor fat tame birds we put out for them would hardly ever fly even if we kicked them (more than one good dog shot) we finally started carrying guns along and would knock a couple down without them noticing while they filled the air with a barrage of lead that would make Patton proud

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
laugh

Primairly upland, i.e. pheasants, but FCM67683 is trying to corrupt me with waterfowling. He said it's a blast, but so far I haven't seen very many birds..... Right Mike? grin

I've had Springer Spaniels since the late '80's and tried the field trial bit for a while as well. A friend would put out birds at one of the local hunt clubs for a corporate doings once in a while, and I'd run one of the dogs. One rule of thumb was if it was a low bird, DON'T SHOOT THE DOG! I could "hup" the dogs if they started to range out too far, or get ahead of the hunters.

One of the groups (I think there were 5 or 6 guys) that he had, put out 25 birds before lunch, and 25 after. I told him when we started that I wouldn't carry my gun, I was just there to handle the dogs. When we stopped for lunch, he told me to get my gun from the truck, the guys really wanted to take some birds home...... laugh

Another group that he had really hadn't shot over a dog before, or at least a trained dog. When the first bird was shot, 2 of the guys started going to where the bird dropped. I stopped them and sent the dog for the retrieve. Their comment was "You mean the dog retrieves too?"

www.hoosierpondpros.com

esshup #244709 01/13/11 05:58 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
We'd hunt quail too, but they were desert quail (California and Gambel's). We took the dogs and got them "snake broke" so they would stay away from the rattlers. I lived North of San Diego back then.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

esshup #244721 01/13/11 06:48 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I can relate.Calloways Company dogs were a eclectic mix. Mostly English Setters and Pointers with Brittanys and Vislas(spelling?) and you name it thrown in the mix. One morning one of the dogs points some birds and both his mates immediatly lock up right behind him in textbook backup position and the client says " that can't be right there couldn't be a bird under the back feet of that dog in front" Priceless indeed.

esshup #244742 01/13/11 09:05 PM
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Originally Posted By: esshup
laugh

Primairly upland, i.e. pheasants, but FCM67683 is trying to corrupt me with waterfowling. He said it's a blast, but so far I haven't seen very many birds..... Right Mike? grin

I've had Springer Spaniels since the late '80's and tried the field trial bit for a while as well. A friend would put out birds at one of the local hunt clubs for a corporate doings once in a while, and I'd run one of the dogs. One rule of thumb was if it was a low bird, DON'T SHOOT THE DOG! I could "hup" the dogs if they started to range out too far, or get ahead of the hunters.

One of the groups (I think there were 5 or 6 guys) that he had, put out 25 birds before lunch, and 25 after. I told him when we started that I wouldn't carry my gun, I was just there to handle the dogs. When we stopped for lunch, he told me to get my gun from the truck, the guys really wanted to take some birds home...... laugh

Another group that he had really hadn't shot over a dog before, or at least a trained dog. When the first bird was shot, 2 of the guys started going to where the bird dropped. I stopped them and sent the dog for the retrieve. Their comment was "You mean the dog retrieves too?"

True Scott. Maybe we should have taken you to the good spots that we had laugh laugh laugh

Mikey

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm just glad that I stayed home the last day. I heard that the weather was pretty bad..... wink laugh to say the least.

Did you chase any of those geese that you saw today to the East?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

esshup #244764 01/14/11 02:52 AM
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
"Back in the day" Scot? Next thing we know you'll be saying "I'll be honest with ya." You've been watching to much Pawn Stars. grin (referring to the two things the old man says over and over again on Pawn Stars.) grin

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

A
Lunker
Lunker
A
Only 10 years ago:

loading photos to this site

Date: 12 Jan 2001
Time: 16:47:03
Remote Name: 216.198.60.46
Comments

Bob: Grand idea, yours, about sending pond-related photos to this site. We all could benefit from the shared information and field experience. After all, every pond or lake presents a new set of challenges relative to water chemistry, climate, fish population dynamics and other factors.

Trouble is, readers seem to have paralysis when it comes to taking photos of their ponds. Worse, that condition turns into constipation when it comes to sending them to me.

In my nine-plus years as editor, I can count on my two hands and feet the number of readers who submitted photos. Frustrated, I welcome any suggestions on stimulating readers to respond.

(signed,) Mark McDonald Editor, Pond Boss Boerne, TX 830.816.2548 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 830.816.2548

Things change huh?

PAUL
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
"Back in the day" Scot? Next thing we know you'll be saying "I'll be honest with ya." You've been watching to much Pawn Stars. grin (referring to the two things the old man says over and over again on Pawn Stars.) grin

You notice that I refrained from saying "I remember when". grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??