Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,119
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shorthose, Fishingadventure, Boondoggle, RogersTailgate, jpsdad), 858 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Moms update, What a great family!

4 years ago today we received the devastating news - Matt was diagnosed with a Brain Stem Tumor.

We decided to do something special on this date - to have a new meaning...a precious and special meaning... Matt and Emileigh were baptized today. The ceremony was very special to all of us. Now, today has a brand new meaning. A new beginning ~ a path of miracles, peace, light & love with faith, hope & victory.
Emileigh had an 'angelic' look on her face when she was baptized. Matthew - oh sweet Matthew, he had tears in his eyes and a look on his face that was of relief and PEACE!

I will post a couple of pictures when I have them down loaded.

Romans 5:1~5

Tomorrow Matt will have Music Therapy and Occupational Therapy at home. Also, JoAnne, Matt's homebound teacher comes over 3 times a week. We have a request - since it is difficult for Matt to see/read - we are wondering if anyone out there would mind loaning us some books on tape/cd??? Matt likes history, biographies, star wars, sports and anything funny! We will get them back to you.

Oh my goodness, we can't thank Bright Cherubs, the families and teachers enough! The dinners have been wonderful - a stress reliever. And, Rhonda, thank you for delivering the yummy dinners! THANK YOU - THANK YOU!

peace - light & love ~ The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Moms update, Its been a while and this is tough, Matt is a fighter is all I can say, there is more fight in that one young man then I could ever imagine. It doesnt seem right or fair for him and his family to have to endure this, I know there is a greater power and God has his reason and I have faith!

Dear Family & Friends,

Not really sure what to update. We just keep taking everything in stride... day by day .... hour by hour .... minute by minute. For me and (I think Bob too) - it's gets more difficult with each day. Watching Matt - still praying, hoping and wishing for a miracle. Not wanting to lose our boy - but, not wanting him to suffer.
These days - Matt doesn't make much noise and can't lift his eyebrows or eyelids to answer our questions. He's been having more bloody noses. I got him a Humidifer over the weekend. We will see i that helps.

We miss him - I miss him. I would give anything for Matt to make a mess; with his duct tape and cardboard all over the living room floor or a mess in the kitchen from some sort of concoction he has created. For Matt to ask us to take him to Blockbuster, Gamestop, Walmart or Lowe's for that one movie, game or part he wants or needs to make something.

Sometimes - probably most of the time, we: Emileigh, Bob and myself try to put up a brave front. We are hurting inside everyday.

We've been asked - "what can I (we) do for you?" Just want you to know - we do appreciate phone calls (you aren't bothering us) we won't answer the phone if we are busy with Matt, but please leave a message. Most of the time Bob and I are home alone with Matt. We also don't mind visits - we just ask that you call first... late afternoon and evenings seem to be best.

Peace - Light & Love, Shari

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
I am sorry to have to say that Matt passed away over night. He was a trooper a fighter like none other, and now he is in peace. How he managed to smile and laugh while going through this journey is beyond me. There was more love and joy in that young man then most could ever know. I am sorry for not keeping things updated but it was always more bad news after another and I guess I felt that if I didn't read it or acknowledge it, then it wasn't happening, we all had faith that Matt would beat this and get to be like the other kids. I guess God already had his plans for Matt and now he gets to be free of the bed and all the aches and pains that he has gone through over the last year or so. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Bob

Last edited by trialsguy; 09/21/10 08:28 AM.

A little snow, Please!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Peace be with Matt
Strength be with his family and loved ones
-
This is a sad day

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
There is a hole in our collective lives but Matt is now at peace - a new door opened and he is on to a better place without fear and pain.

For each of us there is a message to seize the day and make the most that you can with the time that you have. It is about the journey and it is indeed one worth taking.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Bob, since you started this thread Matt and his family have been an inspiration to me and countless others that I forwarded his courageous story to. I want to thank you again for allowing us the privilege to get to "know" Matt. While his updates were not always encouraging, the love of his family and friends was always admirable and something I won't soon forget. You are a blessed man to be a part of such a family and of course prayers will continue from our household for the Hernan family. God bless.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'm sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and family. God Bless

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Bob,

RC51 here, My wife and I have been praying for you guys ever since we met you all in Little Rock. We have a 14 year old boy ourselves and we thank God every day for his health, and it breaks our heart to see another child hurting the way Matt and his family was and still is. I sit here at a loss for words to say. I can't think to much about it as I will lose my composure and won't be able to write anything! There is nothing we or I can say at this point to make anything better so I will leave with saying this one thing. It's a poem that helped me through some tough times. Take care to all and once again I am sorry for your loss.

In Memory of

Miss Me –But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul that has been set free?

Miss Me a Little – But Not Too Long
And not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that we once shared
Miss Me – But Let Me Go.

For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone
It’s all part of the Master’s plan
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Please Miss Me – But Let Me Go.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Perhaps, later tonight, we can all observe a moment of silence for Matt, and to give strength to his family.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
It's sad to hear that Matt lost his fight, but he is at peace and we will pray for him and his family.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T

A little snow, Please!
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Gods speed Matthew!

frown

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
Very sad to read this tonight. Matt will be in my thoughts this evening. May he finally rest in peace.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I have no words. Prayers must suffice.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Prayers from Lincoln, too.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Matt and the Royals

The Royals have done so much for the Hernans this little article does no justice. They brightened a young mans life if only for a short time. But yet they never made a issue of it, or wanted any kind of attention like hey look what I did for this kid. So many helped it was amazing them guys truly cared about Matt and It gives me even more pride to say those guys are My Royals. Way to go boys in blue!!!

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Read that one last night. Very cool.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: Omaha
Very cool.

+1

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 05:43 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images