Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
lafarmpondguy, bmo, TanyaClick, Brian from Texas, Purplepiggies7
18,510 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,979
Posts558,159
Members18,511
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,565
ewest 21,505
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
11 members (nvcdl, DrewSh, Pat Williamson, anthropic, bmicek, tim k, Sunil, Theo Gallus, Fishingadventure, papereater, FishinRod), 1,037 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#232196 08/24/10 09:36 PM
n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
This fella has been showing up quite frequently:

These guys are elusive even for the trail camera:

This little guy is just cool lookin:

If you got any trail cam pics from 2010 go ahead and plop them in, hopefully I will have some more to add in the coming weeks as well!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Looks like the land you hunt in Illinois has the same beasts typical of that part of the country! Nice looking bucks... I've been slacking on the game camera running this year. Been doing most of my scouting looking through binoculars at dusk in the bean fields.

L
Lunker
Lunker
L
Here are some pics my buddy took on a scouting trip on his river property. He has had too many Trail Cams stolen or destroyed to keep any out there, so now he just goes by foot.

Around my property I see deer all the time, although I haven't gotten any pictures yet. There is also a grey fox that I'm going to try to trap this season. Can't wait!

Attached Images
10deer01.JPG 10deer02.JPG 10deer03.JPG 10deer04.JPG 10deer05.JPG
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Nice pics. Hopefully I'll have some to post after this weekend. LR bob, what tpye of camera is your buddy using? Those are some Clear pics.

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
slightly modified images (zoomed, cropped, etc..)

getting some good stuff...

GSF are people too!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Dang, your friend must be the deer whisperer or his property is in a park where people don't hunt!!!

Dave, those pics are great... I love the mulies! Couple of real nice mule deer bucks in that last photo.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Nate has nicknamed this big buck MrT but Im calling him MrG when he rides home with me in the back of my truck.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
thanks cj, actually they are black tails and ALOT smaller than the mule deer encountered higher up in the sierras. i wish i had had the camera set on taking 2 or 3 pictures when those bucks went through. i have the camera set on 2 pics right now because of that. the upper one (far left in pic) has a nice WIDE rack. i hope he survives the "neighbors" around here this fall, and i get to see him again in a couple years.

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Dave, I'm pretty sure the second photo is a Chupacabra. Also, I love the Bob Cat photo.

LR, great photos of deer, the fourth one is really something!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Dave, do you know how much a blacktail buck typically weighs in your area? I have zero experience with western deer other than a very minimal field biology class. I forgot about blacktails being in CA. Nice looking deer which ever species it is! The rack on that last one is all the more impressive for a blacktail!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Here are a few game camera pics from our land in PA. With the hunting pressure the surrounding lands see, we don't grow many shooter bucks.

Only decent buck so far

Same buck, just a week later... It's amazing how fast antlers grow!

About a 300 pound black bear

A nice fat porcupine

This doe is blind in her right eye.

Close up game cam pics have shown nasty scars along the side of her face around her eye. Not sure if when she was a fawn she was attacked by a bear or bobcat, but we first started getting her on camera in January of '08 when she was an adult doe, which means she is now at least 5 years old. When you think that there are probably in excess of 100 hunters hunting the 1 square mile she calls home and she out smarts them each year, she's no dummy!

H
H

I haven't put new bateeries in my cams this year but these guys have been hanging around since we bought the 18 ac in 2007. With 400 acres and a hunting club behind me they know they are safe here. We put out corn for the deer, turkeys, racoons and squirrels. I used to be an avid hunter now I just enjoy seeing them, something for my city slicker grandkids to experience.

Sometimes ponds are like women, a small one takes less to manage and more time for pleasure
L
Lunker
Lunker
L
Originally Posted By: Cisco
Nice pics. Hopefully I'll have some to post after this weekend. LR bob, what tpye of camera is your buddy using? Those are some Clear pics.

Cisco, according to him it's an Olympus, but he's not sure of the exact model. All he knows is that it has a 12x zoom. In the original email he sent me with the pictures he had this to say:

Bucks from this weekend. A 5,8 and two 10's in one bachelor group. Had them within 30yds, one at 10yds. Saw 4 other bucks but couldn't get pictures.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
died is the bushnell trohy cam working well for you? Jhap you put yours out?

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
yeah greg, so far so good, i am having fun looking at what it catches and jhap is an expectant father.

cj, i am kind of guessing on weights, but dont think even the largest black tails get over 200 lbs. the ones i caught on camera were probably 150 to 175 at the most. i've heard mule deer can be over 300 lbs.

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes

I have installed 5 of the 7 cameras. Unfortunately I haven't been back to the property since they were installed. Judging from the number of photos DIED is getting I should have thousands of photos (but hopefully none of trespassers). As you know most of our cameras were installed for surveillance and therefore were not necessarily installed in a location to catch forest critters. We do however have two cameras near the pond (in the location that poachers have used in the past) and I'm hoping to have some wildlife on those cameras.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
JHAP, I hope the cameras are still there, and that they didn't somehow grow feet.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
You and me both, it would really suck to have my surveillance system stolen. They are in theft proof boxes and cable locked in trees well above normal height (someone would have to climb up on a ladder and cut the python lock cable to get them) but anything is possible.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes

I have installed 5 of the 7 cameras. Unfortunately I haven't been back to the property since they were installed. Judging from the number of photos DIED is getting I should have thousands of photos (but hopefully none of trespassers)....

Not to worry, JHAP. I just spoke with DIED and he did get a chance to check your property and downloaded some of the wild game photos. All critters, no trespassers.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Holy Crikey, they stole my deer suit?????

How are JWHAP and I gonna play buck and.... ahhh nevermind.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Although it's noisy, I've heard of a tree being cut down just to get the camera....

Not that you need to be worried or anything. wink

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I just got 3 new cameras in the mail today. 1 Plot Watcher and 2 Primos Truth Cam 35's. I am excited in particular to try out the new Plot Watcher as it is very different from other game cameras I have tried. I bought them from Greg at www.lakework.com and will say the prices he quoted were better than the big name places. Plus shipping was lightning fast! Can't wait to get the cameras up and get some new photos to post on here...

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
CJ, there's supposed to be new software (downloadable) for the PlotWatcher that doubles the battery life.

I feel bad. I've had mine for almost a month and haven't set it out yet. I did help a buddy set up his Black Flash Buckeye Cam Apollo on Thursday.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Jhap,
Do you allow anyone to deer hunt the property? That 8 pointer has some massive mass!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: esshup
Although it's noisy, I've heard of a tree being cut down just to get the camera....

Good lord Scott are you trying to give me insominia?!? Two of the "camera" trees are large cedar trees (probably 40 or 50 feet tall). That being said after the theft on our property I don't doubt anything that people would or could do.

Originally Posted By: n8ly
Jhap,
Do you allow anyone to deer hunt the property? That 8 pointer has some massive mass!

No, no hunting allowed. I love the deer on our ranch and have named all of them. Let's see there is Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolf and of course Archibald.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
mark12, Wood
Recent Posts
Oxygenator equipment advice
by papereater - 05/02/24 04:37 PM
Oklahoma Clay bottom Pond leaking or wicking?
by FishinRod - 05/02/24 04:30 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Snipe - 05/02/24 03:27 PM
Treating pond water for residential use
by FishinRod - 05/02/24 03:26 PM
Is this planktonic algae?
by Snipe - 05/02/24 02:55 PM
Using Advanced Search Function
by FishinRod - 05/02/24 01:49 PM
1/4 acre pond digging it Monday
by Boondoggle - 05/02/24 12:00 PM
New Pond owner -- fish growth rate question