Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
beauphus, Lina, blueyss, KiwiGuy, JKK
18,516 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,991
Posts558,271
Members18,517
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,575
ewest 21,507
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
2 members (Boondoggle, BarkyDoos), 776 guests, and 193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#100311 10/24/07 06:36 AM
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
I thought I would add to the other real estate discussions on here. I've decided to sell some of my land. I bought an adjoining 71.5 acres about 4 years ago and have decided to go ahead and sell it. I'll be turning 65 next month and have started thinking that I really don't need to have 2 places to hunt and fish, keep up fences, etc. I've decided to retire next year. It's about 60 miles NNW of Fort Worth. Deer, turkeys, hogs, dove, bass, CNBG.

Dang, it's hard to turn loose of toys like this but that time comes to all of us. When I bought it, my wife thought I was nuts. When I told her I figured it was about time to sell, she said "Why? You'll just go buy another one." But, I doubt it. The other 133 acre place is really about all I want for a weekend getaway. Or, maybe not. Who knows? I did tell the Realtor not to step foot on the place during hunting season without checking with me in advance. The Realtor called last night and said he would like to show it this weekend and I said no. This weekend is Kids Hunting weekend in Texas and my Grandson/Pardner and I will be there. Now, he also thinks I'm nuts.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
If you have the minerals be sure to reserve them out of the sale.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
DD good luck. I got a 134 acre piece and that is plenty to keep up with. Let us know if you get one this weekend. I did not do so well with my nephew during KY youth weekend but he still had a great time he said.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Eric, I don't have the minerals on the place. They were reserved years ago by the original seller.

Greg, I'm looking forward to this weekend. Last year, he got a hog on Kids weekend and really got excited. You should have seen the hoochie koochie that he was doing around the pasture.

A couple of weeks later, he got a pretty good sized buck with cull antlers. He walked up to it, took a look and said "gimme the phone". He called Grandma, Mom, Dad, Uncle, etc. He turns 9 on Thursday and we have to come back early Sunday for the party.

This will be his 5th year to hunt with me. Prior to last year, he carried his BB gun and I had the 30-06. He got the first shot and if they didn't go down cleanly, I had to finish them off. Funny how my bullet hole always went in the same place as his BB. Last year, Charlene gave him her Remington 222. Great kids gun and neither hog or deer took a step.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
IF anyone is looking south of DFW or north of waco I have this property for sale.

http://www.lakehouse.com/page-34841.html

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Wow RT, your ad has been viewed 1002 times.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...you'd think he'd get tired of lookin' at it

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Bski thats not right. I've only viewed it 975 times.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
RT, neat lookin place and fun design you got there. what amazes me is the market price for 36 acres......if that were in my neck of woods w/ pond, it would be a minimum of $800k w/ no house!!!! if wife and i didnt buy back in early 90's we could never live here.....i for one, am glad the market is turning down in CA and prices for things are coming back to reality. hey, good luck on selling, looks like a great place thats priced right.

GSF are people too!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Thanks DIED I hope it does too. DD1 has a much better chance of selling his place because the market in Texas is all about the almighty white tail. Just search for Texas ranch land. A majority of adds don't even have pictures of the property, just huge bucks standing by a feeder. I was in LA a few years ago and picked up one of those free home real estate magazines and was amazed by the price of real estate in CA. A Box frame house that might sale for 40K max in Fort Worth was 450K and up. It made me thank twice about ever wanting to move westward.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I've got a pal that just moved from the LA suburbs; a nice upper middle class neighborhood in a nice, newly renovated 3-4 BR home. He moved to...you guessed it...TX. I just emailed him recently. I asked for pics. He said that he was busy clearing about 50 mature trees to get a better view of the lake. I imagine his CA. equity is working pretty hard in TX.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Self-rationalization is such an important thing for pond/land owners to have as a skill set.

Do I realy need it? Hell no!

Can I convince myself that it is essential? Absolutely!

Last edited by Sunil; 11/02/07 01:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
I am loaded with essentials that I can't even find. Heck, I found another full tackle box the other day.

Lunker
Lunker
I wish I could afford the upgrade , good luck dave!!

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
I wish I had some land.... wahahaha! The prices in my area have skyrocketed in the past 10 years. I am just too late to beat a developer to the good places. Now that the City of Ottawa amalgamated and swallowed up all of the surrounding townships they have pretty much eliminated the posibility of a private landowner getting anything more then a couple acres and it has to be on an already developed road. (Of course the big sub-division developers don't have to abide by these rules adn can buy/build anywhere).
All that to say: I wish I could buy such great pieces of property guys! (I have a lowely 12.5 acres... better then nothing but I am being surrounded by development)

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Dave,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, GaryTexas

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Dave did you ever have any luck selling your place in Bowie? In case there are any lurkers out there that are wanting to buy land with a pond mine is still available and it can be had for a song. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...shi#Post4716680

I need back surgery money.

Last edited by rockytopper; 04/09/10 02:32 PM.

Lunker
Lunker
If all of my customers asked themselves "will my life really be any better if I own this" I'd be in big trouble.

D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Nope, as the Realtor said when I called him "I sure wish you had called me 6 months ago.".

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Well say good by to my big pond. It was fun while it lasted. I finally got cattle folks instead of deer hunters look at it and I got two offers in one day. One wanted financing the other said cash. I accepted. I have been trying to sale it for 2 plus years now. I let the new owner know he had a beaver to deal with. Guess I better go fishing before we close. I have never even set a hook in the water. The cats are just now getting eaten size.

Just in time Back suregery is scheduled in a few weeks.

Last edited by rockytopper; 06/09/10 04:29 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Badda Bing, RT....that is great news...and quite the relief, I'll surmise.
Without serious details, was it like a trip to Vegas, or did you come back with your shirt still attached?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Congratulations RT!

You're going to have to let the fish get one more look at the pale floating thing with the blue water shoes.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I still have my shirt on. Given the swing in economy I say I broke even on my investment.
I Certainly didn't hit the jack pot by any means. That is ok all my toys and home place will be paid for soon. I am indeed in a state of relief.

Last edited by rockytopper; 06/09/10 05:09 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Sunil

You're going to have to let the fish get one more look at the pale floating thing with the blue water shoes.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Congrats RT!!!

Wait a minute, this doesn't mean that you're gonna abandon Pond Boss does it?

Who's gonna tell Brettski that his building ideas are crazy???

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
BirdD@wg, BWillis, Mike Troyer
Recent Posts
Help building a natural 285,000 clay lined pond
by BarkyDoos - 05/05/24 11:33 PM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by Boondoggle - 05/05/24 11:23 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by lafarmpondguy - 05/05/24 09:39 PM
feeders on bank--any hog problems?