Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,993
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,538
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
5 members (Freunb02, anthropic, Fishingadventure, bmicek, KenHorton), 1,180 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Thank you all for the support.

After reading the responses we have decided to file a report with law enforcement. Our property is covered by the County Sheriff's office. In the past we have had one contact with them and they were very helpful and courteous. We are compiling a list of the missing items and will file a report.

California law is interesting in regards to trespassing. A property does not need to be fenced as long as it is posted at intervals not less than three signs per mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trials entering the land. Our property was completely fenced and we placed no trespassing signs about one every 50 feet along the fence line and every road and path had multiple signs along them as well. In addition on every compass direction surrounding the pond there were signs. Basically you could not access our property without going by multiple signs.

For simplicity sake I decided to go the game camera route. I emailed Greg to place an order for a bunch of game cameras. We have looked at the aerial photos of our place and decided locations that would best cover all of the areas that we needed to cover.

DIED and Pond Frog have graciously volunteered to stop in at our place on a random basis, thus there will be much more of a presence on our property.

Thank you all for the feedback, I truly appreciate it.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Sorry to hear it Jeff.

When I first bought land, I wanted to be a good neighbor. Then a predator/prey relationship developed and I was taken advantage of. Then, I decided to become an AHole. I found that I didn't like it but was good at it. Now, I am respected but not all that well liked by some of the neighbors.

Dave we can all become an Ahole if we need to. grin

BTW did I ever tell you, you remind me of TBone Pickens? Younger looking of course.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Jeff,

I wish you the best of luck. I'd be a nervous wreck if I didn't live next to my ponds. One day I freaked when I found some trash stuffed under my pier. Turns out my dad had picked some up that had blown in from the the highway and temporarily tucked it under the pier. I was so relieved!

I'm not making light of your situation one bit but I do have to share a funny story I heard from a trout farmer in Ohio that involves tiny two legged trespassers.

He's got a trout farm out in the middle of nowhere, but there are a few residents around. In his area they have what are called "blue holes." These are old wells that have collapsed continually (kind of like a sink hole) and produce pond size holes that go straight down about 60 feet possibly more. If you fell in you'd never get out.

Anyway one day he pulls up to the farm and two cute little boys only about five or six years old with their little straw hats and mini fishing poles are fishing the blue hole. Of course the trout farmers main concern is if they fell in they'd drown. So he puts on a mean face (all pretend) and absolutely scares the hell out of them.) Mind you they can't be more than five or six years old. Even pretends he running after them (in slow motion) as they are so young they can't run very fast. They run all the way home (which is more of a slow jog for the trout farmer) crying up a storm. The trout farmer has a stern talk with the mother who had no idea where they were. He tells her if they had fallen in they wouldn't be coming back etc. etc. He really makes his point with her too.

Long story short the the boys never came back. It was pretty comical to hear the trout farmer tell it.

He also had some teenagers at the hatchery stealing fish out of the raceway for kicks. He had a backhoe parked nearby and when he got done with them he had them convinced he was going to bury them and no one would know what happened to them. His brother shows up later after they pull out and asks him, "What in the hell did you do to those kids that pulled out of the farm?" They were all balling and they were driving with a 4 flat tires!"

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 06/02/10 07:37 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/27/24 07:04 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/27/24 01:11 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build