Greetings, Pond Boss fans!
I know much of the northern and eastern parts of the country are in the throes of a tough winter spell. Too much snow for most of you. For us, we just received our fifth snow of the year...way abnormal. Typically, we'll get one snowfall, maybe a dusting. On a rare occasion, we'll get two inches. Not this year. On Christmas eve, we got five inches of the white stuff. First white Christmas here in my lifetime (that I can remember). It was a different kind of snow than we are accustomed. Dry, powdery, like heavy dust. Perfect for the slopes in the Rocky Mountains, not normal here. We had drifts deeper than three feet, again unusual here.
Then, the cold hit...not complaining..actually it's a welcome change for us. Maybe the bugs will go away...
Here are some photos for your enjoyment.

Son Cameron is home from Iraq. He wanted to go deer hunting after Christmas. My good buddy, Marc Edwards, took us for a management hunt where Cam harvested two does within 30 minutes, south of Bowie, Texas. Here, he's on his first deer.

The instant before he connected. I'll spare you the next few frames...although I think most of us would enjoy them. We now have a freezer full of venison. Good stuff.

For our friends up Nort...this ain't a big deal. But, I've always thought Debbie could walk on water. Sure enough, she did. With just less than two inches of ice, it held her up...she was over three feet of water and just as she turned, the ice started to crack. Sounded like gunfire. She scampered back.

I probably won't see this again in my lifetime. Rock Creek Cove of Lake Texoma was frozen solid for about five days.

The marina was locked in ice.

Big Mineral arm in Hagerman Wildlife Refuge saw geese sitting on the ice. Probably 300 acres of the lake was frozen at this spot.

Debbie and grandpeep Nolan decided to take a hop on the trampoline. After all, the temperature did make it to 26 that day.

One day amongst the cold, I tagged along with Otto to a lake construction project in southern Oklahoma. Came across this waterfall. Absolutely beautiful. Took this photo with my cell phone.

Now, the latest snowfall. 7 inches yesterday. Got the kiddos out in it. They stay at LL,2 M-Th every week. Meems takes care of the little darlings.

The best snowman snow I've ever seen. Sticks like modeling clay.

Post card pretty.

Debbie and Dakota taking it in. Dakota is our puppy...you remember the story...we went to Minnesota to get him last August.

Even the snowman got snowed upon.

Nolan got to tag along with me on a couple of pond consultations in Jack County, Texas about three weeks ago.

He especially enjoyed the binoculars and a bison skull.

Little Jentry's had her share of fun, too. Our little chef....

She likes her little kitchen she got for Christmas.

I decided to try to make some wine. Did it in the fall, time to bottle it now. Tried a little. Tasted pretty good, but smells like a wet foot. Hmmmm....

Ended up with 24 bottles of the stuff. Homemade mustang grape wine. Boxed it, hid it, leave it alone for a year or two or three.

Enjoy the day....I'm headed to Phoenix next week to meet up with Purina's Darren Simon at the Purina Expo and then the next week to Kerrville, Texas, for the Texas Outdoor Writer's Association conference, where I will become president for a year.

Hope your year has started off as peaceful as ours. It won't be long before we have very cool projects underway. I promise to keep you posted on some fun, cutting edge fisheries stuff.

Fish on!

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...