Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,985
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,535
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
7 members (jmartin, KenHorton, Swamp_Yankee, Freunb02, phinfan, Boondoggle, liquidsquid), 1,252 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Todd3138

Man! I can't get any lawyer love from you, either, Rex??!! Is this how you treat customers?! Especially EARLY customers? \:o I'm going to go take a swim with some sharks now. At least they extend me some professional courtesy!!

How bout some pro bono work?? I've got an easy land dispute you can have.....

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Well, as long as you're sure it'll be easy . . . \:D

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Todd:

To say that Rex had a jar of vaseline in his hand when he went to court is an understatement.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
That is harsh! Actually, we got a new Judge and WON our very first motion!

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J

Trust me, nothing will be easy if it goes to trial. You are in for the ride of your life, and if your Law Firm screws up, make sure you have a contingency agreement with them. Otherwise, they can eat all of the money you may ever make for the rest of your life.

Serious!!!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Rainman

That's great news!! I hope you can keep the momentum up and finally be able to use what is yours without having all the problems that you've had. What I said was true with your previous experiences with the "good 'ol boy" court system there.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: esshup

That's great news!! I hope you can keep the momentum up and finally be able to use what is yours without having all the problems that you've had. What I said was true with your previous experiences with the "good 'ol boy" court system there.

Motions aren't nothing and that is quite fly by night, albeit, might lift the spirits a bit.

I hope you do well.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: esshup

Todd:

To say that Rex had a jar of vaseline in his hand when he went to court is an understatement.

Yeah, Esshup, I've heard Rex's story and agree that a jar wouldn't be enough for what he got. If they had at least kissedd him first, it might not have been as painful . . .

Rex, glad to hear you won the motion argument. That's actually a tremendous step and could be a sign that the new judge is taking you and your new counsel seriously. I hope he continues to view your case seriously and that you reach the result you should have reached years ago!

JKV, as a trial lawyer, I have a passing familiarity with the complex life a lawsuit can take on under the wrong circumstances! \:\)

Todd La Neve

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
\:D

Having grown up on the South Side of Chicago, I would have had a serious talk with the neighbor and I'm sure that we wouldn't have had to go to court at all. He would have seen the error of his ways VERY quickly.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
although I didn't grow up on the south side, I actually suggested the same thing to our buddy Rex when we last talked about the situation! Just goes to show common sense and timeless advice are universal!

Todd La Neve

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Todd, my Wife is a litigation paralegal so I have a lot of lawyer friends. One thing we usually agree on is that there is too much litigation and a shortage of butt whuppin.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Todd, my Wife is a litigation paralegal so I have a lot of lawyer friends. One thing we usually agree on is that there is too much litigation and a shortage of butt whuppin.

Sorta like what Craig James should have done, instead of going the legal route.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Interesting info, Dave. I'm sure your wife enjoys the variety of the work. I know I do!

Besides my civil trial practce, my firm does a lot of criminal defense work, and I can't count the times I've sat in court with a cop and told him that we could have saved everyone a lot of time and hassle if they had just taken my client over the hill and smacked him once or twice, with the admonition to not let the cop catch him again! I think some common sense lessons like that would stick with a lot of people. I think the idiots in Rex's situation would really benefit from it!

Todd La Neve

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
The other guys slime-ball of an attorney hand wrote a motion to disqualify the Judge at the start of a hearing they had continued 3 times already. My lawyer has to drive 350 miles round trip to go to the court. The judge told the slime-ball, "..you have two options, withdraw your motion and have this case heard now, because you know I am the only Judge available in the county, or I will grant your motion and have a Judge drive down to hear this......tonight. Either way, this motion WILL be heard today." After several seconds of squirming, the slime-ball withdrew his motion.

We were asking that the unappealable, (and defective) interlocutory order be made final so we could appeal it. Since the slime-ball wrote the order for the now retired hometown Judge to sign and the slime-ball left out the legally required land description, the slime-ball was ordered to correct his mistakes and then the new Judge will finalize the order. He also told the slime-ball to prepare for a new trial \:\) once he rules on the revised order. Even if we don't get granted a new trial, the Judges original order left us landlocked and in Missouri, that is not allowed so once the order is declared "Final" it can be appealed. As it stood, we could do nothing.

FWIW, the neighbor and the slime ball are too stupid and arrogant for a butt-whoopin to help. They really need something more permanent!

Prior to getting this new Judge, the now retired jackass judge would make my attorney drive to court, waste an entire day to hear ANY motion, then he would rule against us without even letting my attorney speak. At least now we have a reasonable chance of resolution.

Last edited by Rainman; 12/30/09 12:39 PM. Reason: Sorry this thread got so off-topic!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I have a good friend that is an attorney as well as being a former marine and a trained killer. He is a very nice guy and assisted me in a sticky physical situation. He would not back off even though he is probably about 65 years old. Very good friend.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker

About time! Fantastic Rex! Amazing what happens when the judge isn't one of the local good ol' boys.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
This is an interesting thread. That "muskrat love" song in stuck in my head and I keep going to the youtube link and listening to that and "do that..." every time I log on. And now we have Rex's good news.
Good thread.....

Just do it...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker

FWIW, the neighbor and the slime ball are too stupid and arrogant for a butt-whoopin to help. They really need something more permanent!

Prior to getting this new Judge, the now retired jackass judge would make my attorney drive to court, waste an entire day to hear ANY motion, then he would rule against us without even letting my attorney speak. At least now we have a reasonable chance of resolution.

You'll recall I suggested that "more permanent" option, Rex!

As for the old judge, a good attorney buddy of mine from Texas refers to those sort of black robed terrorists as "Fudges." You can probably take a not-so-wild guess as to what two words make up that one! \:D

Randy, you're right - this has been a pretty fun thread!

Todd La Neve

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J

You'll recall I suggested that "more permanent" option, Rex!

As for the old judge, a good attorney buddy of mine from Texas refers to those sort of black robed terrorists as "Fudges." You can probably take a not-so-wild guess as to what two words make up that one! \:D

Randy, you're right - this has been a pretty fun thread!

It has been a fun thread!

Todd, Thanks, I really like the "Fudges". We got a few of them around here.

Randy, Sorry for disrupting your life with that "Muskrat Love" song. I worked in a "cook to order" restaurant back when I was in high school. They had Juke Box thingy's at each booth and that song was played over and over again, along with Blue Bayou by Chrystal Gail. If it wasn't for Van Halen releasing their first album, I may have gone nut's.

Glad to see that Rex's problem is going positive!

Happy New Year!!! Best wishes to all!!!

J.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:24 PM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:12 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:04 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by sprkplug - 04/26/24 11:43 AM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away