Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
DerekG, lafarmpondguy, bmo, TanyaClick, Brian from Texas
18,511 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,984
Posts558,194
Members18,512
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,565
ewest 21,507
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
12 members (FishinRod, JKK, DPSMESA, FireIsHot, Theeck, geauxbrown, bmo, papereater, nvcdl, Jambi, Boondoggle, Brian from Texas), 1,103 guests, and 162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Happy Holiday to everyone in the Pond Boss Family.

I am thankful for so much. I am happy that we are working this Friday and the weekend in our cnc milling job shop here in metro Detroit. We are fortunate to have lots of work and are able to help 2 people out who have lost their jobs and starting up new ventures, it makes things interesting and fun at work. Plus, my 15 year old nephew whom I mostly raised is now working there after school, and despite his crap life he spends his Saturdays playing video games and watching movies with a 17 year old quadrapalegic (sp?) boy who has no friends. Makes my heart sing!

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
After some thought, I guess I'm mostly thankful that your 15 year old Nephew does that. His contribution is very rewarding.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I'm thankful for family, friends, and viable businesses that puts food on our table.

Of course, we are all thankful for those who serve or served in our military.

Last edited by Sunil; 11/25/09 09:20 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Yep Sunil:
Mr. & Mrs. Pondboss have a boy (Cameron I believe) in Afganistan, so does Fav Guy. Let's remember them in our prayers at the table on Thursday.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Family, friends, health, so many blessings that God has given us...

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
I am thankful to hear of such kindness from a 15 year old, especially in our world today. My wife (deputy pond monitor) and I are thankful we found PondBoss and for all the folks here. I am new to the forum since July and have enjoyed the forum and magazine immensely. The spectrum of help here awesome. Its also fun and entertaining. The community is amazing. Belated birthday wishes to those I missed. Best wishes to all for a great Thanksgiving.

PondBoss magazine subscriber
Don't text while driving!
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Family, friends, food on the table and a roof over our heads.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: 2catmom
Plus, my 15 year old nephew whom I mostly raised is now working there after school, and despite his crap life he spends his Saturdays playing video games and watching movies with a 17 year old quadrapalegic (sp?) boy who has no friends. Makes my heart sing!

Wow, great kid.

2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
He is, he has not lost his sweet nature, this boy was born that way and is dying. He is in hospice care.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Life - even with its ups and downs it still remains a precious gift.

Freedom - and those that sacrificed , often all they had , to preserve and protect it. Some gave up all of their tomorrows so that we could have today.

Family - They are at the same time the reflection and substance of life.

Hope - It is the human element that sets the stage for dreams to come true.

The source of all of the above - however you conceive it.

Last edited by ewest; 11/25/09 09:42 AM.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Just by chance, Sir Bob Lusk and I were having this same conversation in an email. We both decided that we are thankful because we are truly blessed in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
What a timely and thoughtful thread.

I'm thankful for the numerous friends that provide me with support and reassurance during difficult times and laugh with me during good times.

I'm thankful to my wife Ricki, who goes above and beyond the call of duty in keeping me in line, cleaning up my messes (both metaphorically and physically), and helps to assure minimum collateral damage to neighboring villages.

I am thankful for my friendship with Bob and Debbie Lusk, who opened their arms invited Ricki and I into their home this year and allowed us a peaceful retreat during a difficult year.

I'm thankful for my friendship with Dave and Jean (DIED AND DWIED). Hopefully 2010 will be a year that we'll be able to spend much more time together than we did this year. I truly appreciate your friendships.

I'm thankful that this forum exists and has added so many people to those that I count amongst friends. I am so very glad that I stumbled across it three years ago.

When I found this forum I though it was a forum about ponds and fish. But it is not. It is a forum about shared lives. Members here have announced births of children, death of family members, events filled with struggle and tragedy, events filled with victory and laughter. In a clear illustration of the Thanksgiving Spirit, forum members have put their own lives on hold to enhance the life of someone they have never met or know very little.

...these are just a few of the things that I'm thankful for.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Not to disrupt the spirit of an excellent thread, but someone's got to say it:

I'm thankful JHAP never did learn to fly helicopters, or we'd have green sunfish freakin' EVERYWHERE.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
My list of things to be thankful for is so long that I am forced to focus on being nice to others not so fortunate.

One small effort in that area is to stop posting on the Sunil is a Small Fathead thread until Monday.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
My list is as follows.

A God that loves me enough to have died for me.

A Girlfriend who is supportive, loving, and understanding that I intend to marry and spend my life with.

A Job that pays my bills and treats me with respect all while being something I am passionate about.

A Family that loves me and allows me free rent. (ha ha)

Friends who I can trust with my life.

The ability to live in a country where I am not persecuted for my beliefs and freedom rings.

Being healthy.

A pond boss family who readily accepts city kids from California who wish they lived in the country.

There is probably more but that's what I got for now.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
My list of things to be thankful for is so long that I am forced to focus on being nice to others not so fortunate.

One small effort in that area is to stop posting on the Sunil is a Small Fathead thread until Monday.

Does this break from bashing Sunil mean we can expect something worthy of trashing hundreds of keyboard monday with all the extra "thought" time you'll have to work on the next post??? \:D \:o

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm thankful for the family and friends that I have for their loyalty to me, even when I disappoint them or let them down.

There are a lot of people who claim to be friends, then when they have the chance they will turn on you immediately. I am not thankful for those people.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
I'm thankful for everything, If I ever feel like I got a raw deal I think back to my visits to the Shriner's hospital and the challenges those children have to face daily, I've got no reason to complain.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
 Quote:
Does this break from bashing Sunil mean we can expect something worthy of trashing hundreds of keyboard monday with all the extra "thought" time you'll have to work on the next post??? \:D \:o

I am thankful for Sunil. Bashing? No way!! \:\)

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: MikeyBoy
My list is as follows.

A God that loves me enough to have died for me.

A Girlfriend wife who is supportive, loving, and understanding that I intend to marry build a cool pond property package for and spend my life with.

A Job that pays my bills and treats me with respect (mostly) all while being something I am passionate about.the wild and crazy dope that I am.

A Family that loves me and allows me free rent. (ha ha) (that one's good just like that)

Friends who I can trust with my life.

The ability to live in a country where I am not persecuted for my beliefs and freedom rings.

Being healthy.

A pond boss family who readily accepts city kids from California Chicago who wish they lived in the country.

There is probably more but that's what I got for now. (when Mikeyboy thinks of them, I'll tune 'em up)

What MikeyBoy said, with some adjustments....

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I am thankful for all the ups, downs, twists and turns that have brought me this point in my life. Happy Thanksgiving to all

No such thing as a problem .. just opportunities
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
Land and pond owners are entrusted as stewards of the land - I'm consistently overwhelmed at the dimensions of that responsiblity. We represent a minute fraction of the global population fortunate enough to be living their childhood dreams...we risked all and worked very hard to arrive at this point and deserve it, but I remain very thankful for the opportunity to manage a little corner of the planet and preserve it for future generations of Hudsons. I am further honored to be considered a part of this family. I hope everyone has a warm safe place and family surrounding them tomorrow.

Jeesh, this was far too sentimental...where's that edit featur

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
Not to disrupt the spirit of an excellent thread, but someone's got to say it:

I'm thankful JHAP never did learn to fly helicopters, or we'd have green sunfish freakin' EVERYWHERE.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Tan Offline
Lunker
Lunker
I think being thankful is more than a one day event and it isn’t just about you people. I am thankful for the Man.

Here is some security camera video of the Man working and me assisting. The video is a little slow to start and the quality isn't great. After all, I am just Tan. \:\)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
AP; been there and done that. I have been contributing to the Shriners for a long time.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Doug_Basberg, GDarby, Keith C.
Recent Posts
Lemonade Water
by FishinRod - 05/03/24 04:47 PM
Drain it to clear it?
by FishinRod - 05/03/24 04:43 PM
What made this noise?
by shooterlurespond - 05/03/24 02:02 PM
Iris vs Pickerel