Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985
18,501 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,962
Members18,501
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
7 members (FishinRod, Fishingadventure, 4CornersPuddle, Bigtrh24, Boondoggle, Bill Cody, Ponderific2024), 1,109 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Thanks, Brettski, I was too lazy to go thru the search feature and find this thread.
I have a whole pond full of Double Burger Jr's.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Crikeys!...quite the Burger crew!

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Burger, great looking group. Who are they?

Just do it...
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
The 3 girls down the middle and original DBJ' who graduated from green froggies to blue boots, belong to my older son, Scott and Angi. The lil lady on knees, and DBJ have same BD, yesterday. Their father's is tomorrow. The lady in center has my BD.
The 3 lil tykes on left, belong to my younger son, Corey and Hanna.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
It is with grievous honor that I deliver the message from our PB colleague, Burgermeister. Beloved Toby has moved on to a better place today.

I'm so sorry Burger. That brings tears to my eyes. I really mean it.

Beautiful grandkids!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/11/09 08:08 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Those little Burgers (along with others hopefully like them) are our future. Its good to see them at the pond. How did you get all those Nov. birthdays ?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
It is with grievous honor that I deliver the message from our PB colleague, Burgermeister. Beloved Toby has moved on to a better place today.

Oh, Burger, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that pain far too well, as I'm sure many here do. After awhile, the memories will take over that empty spot that belongs to Toby. My thoughts are with you tonight.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
ewest #191792 11/11/09 10:46 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: ewest
Those little Burgers (along with others hopefully like them) are our future. Its good to see them at the pond. How did you get all those Nov. birthdays ?

alot of February Burger BBQ's

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I guess the valentine candy was not the only dessert those years.

Thanks, all. I know many of us have been thru these times with pets, and human loved ones. It feels good to be consoled.
We have had many similar endings, but, Toby was special to us both as we had him only 1/2 his life. We took him when the DBJ family kept growing. Scott and Angi got him when they were at Pendleton; she was pregnent with their oldest daughter.
We went to visit them and Toby was always in trouble for chewing on the electric cords. When they came home for Christmas, I had made him some fake outlets from a piece of wood and cut off 2 heavy duty plugs with about a ft. of cord and plugged them in. That was his Christman present.
Not long after I had him, we went to a park with pond. There was a tree at the edge with the soil around the roots eroded away. I threw out a stick for him to fetch; it sunk, and in his eagerness to please me, he tried to pull up a root. and bring it back.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister
I Not long after I had him, we went to a park with pond. There was a tree at the edge with the soil around the roots eroded away. I threw out a stick for him to fetch; it sunk, and in his eagerness to please me, he tried to pull up a root. and bring it back.

\:D \:D
now THAT is what man's best friend is all about!

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Here's my old girl Carlie. Had to make that tough decision in September. Not an easy thing to do. She was such a great dog in so many ways.

You obviously can't replace a good girl like her, but we are enjoying the company of the new pup, Willow.

Omaha #191867 11/12/09 10:45 AM
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Congrats, Omaha, on finding a stand in. That pup is a beauty.
Rest in peace, Carlie.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I started out with one Springer Spaniel, Lucky. She was from show stock, but she was an O.K. hunter. A neighbor that lived down the street aways stopped one day and we got to talking about Springers. It turns out that he Field Trialed his, and to make a long story short, I ended up with one of his wash-outs, Reba. I liked her breeding so well, that I sent her from Ca. to N.Y. to be bred for the last time, keeping one puppy from that breeding for me, Dottie. Right before I moved back from Ca., I took back one of the pups that I had sold (Cal), due to a divorce so I ended up with 4 Springers. Cal is the only one left.

Reba went first, even tho she was younger than Lucky. I had to put her down due in 2003 to a nasal tumor. She was the best Springer that I've had, she would hunt 'till she dropped, and she would do anything that I asked her to do. She literally has retrieved thousands of pheasants. Geese, ducks, pheasants, pidgeons, quail, rabbits, squirrels, anything that you shot and she could drag back, she would. Hell, I's still tearing up writing this 6 years later. Her nasal tumor started in early 2002, and Purdue Small Animal Hospital gave her 6 months. After a bunch of research, homeopathic remedys gave her another year past that. The tumor finally started affecting her motor movement and she couldn't walk very well. I have a really good Vet, and when I put her down, he allowed me to bring a wing clipped (alive) pheasant. He has a large grassy area behind his practice, and I planted the bird upwind of Reba and sent her after the bird once I knew she could smell it. Even tho the bird was a good 30 feet away, it was just as if nothing was wrong with her at all. She took off, grabbed the bird and brought it back in a bee line. I took the bird from her, killed it, and gave the bird back to her, having her lay down. The vet then gave her the injection. She was such a fighter that the vet had to send his tech back in for another, larger injection. I had both her and the bird cremated.

Reba:

Here's what the tumor looked like towards the end:

Lucky lasted the longest, even with a bad thyroid and hip dsplasia (15 yrs). During the last year of her life she was deaf. I train all my dogs to respond to hand signals, and I was glad that I did. She passed away one day when I was at work.

Dottie passed away last Dec 15th. I don't know why, I woke up that morning and she was gone.

Here's Lucky, Reba and Dottie:

Here's a picture of Cal and Dottie (brother and sister).

He has his Mothers' personality, and almost all of her drive. His sister Dottie had all of her mothers' drive, but not the personality. Cal, just after he turned 2, Ran in the National Open Springer Spaniel Field Trial. He blew out after the first series, but as a pup (under 2 years old) he beat out older dogs to qualify for the trial. I really need to get another Springer this Spring, so the pup can start learning from Cal.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
esshup, Great story about Reba...Man, that would have been hard to do.

You probably won't believe this but my wife has the movie "Old Yeller" sitting on the dining room table for some reason.

Might have to watch it tomorrow before the Buckeye game.

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
One more thing...There is a Ten Commandment list for having a pet somewhere on one of these fourms. If I can find it later on today, I'll try to post it.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Great looking group of spaniels you had, esshup.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Thanks guys. I should be back up to two next year.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:15 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:09 PM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by JabariStokes - 04/25/24 07:30 PM
What did you do at your pond today?