Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,076
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
14 members (esshup, Requa, Shorthose, Blestfarmpond, DrLuke, JasonInOhio, H20fwler, Theo Gallus, Justin W, LeighAnn, Bob Lusk, catscratch, Freg, DenaTroyer), 816 guests, and 212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
That is just fantastic news Bob, all around. Wow. Thanks a million for the updates and please continue as Matt progresses. I loved reading his mother's post, I mean, that's just great, I can't imagine. And I will look into Lily's story and will certainly add her to our prayer list as well.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T

Mom's update:

Matthew will be going back into surgery at 1:00 today. Friday after the doctor's changed the dressing there was some leaking from Matt's ear - they weren't concerned at first, but it hasn't stopped. Matt has been lethargic the last 2 days. There are several possibilities. We will know more after the surgery. It's not brain surgery - it is by his ear. Matt will be in PICU after the surgery. We are doing our best to stay positive and trust and know Matt is in God's hands. Thank you for praying and lighting candles. Peace-Light & Shari & Bob Love,

Hang in there Matt we are praying for you!

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Update from Dad

Hello, first of all this Bob, Shari is staying with Matt at the ICU tonight. Matt's latest surgery was about 3 hours and Dr Al-Mefty was pretty sure he found the leak that was draining into his ear. Matt had not opened his eyes before I left at 10:00 pm, but he has responded to stimuli and was not on a breathing tube. (thank God). Shari is very sad and needs support from all her friends, so please text her (we can't use cell phones in the ICU) HER HEART IS SADDEN. Thank all of you for praying for my son and we would ask if you could continue to do so. We will continue to update as we know more about Matt's journey. Thank you all and as Shari would say Peace- Light and Love.... BOB

A little snow, Please!
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I cannot begin to imagine what you're going through... Your son and family continue to be in my family and I's thoughts and prayers.

W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Still praying and believing for a miracle work, Bob. Have faith.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Thanks guys! I think that Bob and Shari are getting these messages through Shari's brother Jim. We are holding strong and praying for everyone.

I think there might be some confusion. Bob and Shari are my cousins and Matt is their son but they dont mind. They were telling me lots of people had made mention from pondboss...Good job guys.

you guys are the best.

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
I hope you guys don't mind the post, it seems like a up and down ride lately and at time seems awkward to update. I really don't know what to do other then keep praying, maybe I will send a steak dinner or something, Hospital food after awhile in it self is reason to get better and leave.

Mom's Update today

Bob did a great job on his 1st journal entry, didn't he? This is what has happened today: Matt had a 'spinal fluid pressure check'. His pressure was very high, indicating too much fluid in his central nervous system. Could be an infection or an internal leak. Fluid was drained today and the surgeons will re-check the pressure in the morning. Today, Matt has had a Cat Scan, MRI & MRV. Right now he is being prepared for an ECG for overnight observation for internal seizures, which are treatable by medication. Because of the fluid pressure build up - Matt has been very lethargic..which is a concern. Thank you for all of the messages and texts. The love, prayers and support you all have shown and continue to show keeps us positive and we feel the love, we need the love. Looks like Matt will be here longer than expected. Bob and I have a system down and we take turns spending the night. I went to the store tonight to get some stuff to make sandwiches, and dinners-because we are done with hospital food! Also, thank you for your concerns for Emileigh. She is in Iowa with Heather and the Lemke's - thank God for our dear friends. Thank you very much to Aunt Darcy - she drove Emileigh to Iowa for us! Yesterday, Nathan, Teresa & Jason came to visit us from Springfield, MO. They brought us lunch, visited a while and got to see Matt briefly. Lunch was awesome and the visit was needed, appreciated and uplifting. We keep telling Matt that Nathan was here to see him. I gave Nathan the OK when Matt get's better - they can create anything they want and make all of the messes they want together with all of the duct tape, card board, pvc pipe they want - I told Nathan, they could even use my china! Looking forward to that day! Peace - Light & Love, Shari & Bob

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
 Originally Posted By: trialsguy
I hope you guys don't mind the post, it seems like a up and down ride lately and at time seems awkward to update.

Are you kidding me? I've subscribed and intentionally look for this thread Bob. I copy your updates and send them out to my 'prayer chain' via email (address book is 100+ ;)). Please continue and don't think for a second we're not hanging on every letter you type.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
A friendly reminder, and a joy to remember that God is always in control, and he is watching even when the situation complicates and we know that He works to the good of those who love Him. We can only hope to be a encouragement to Matt and his family as we continue to pray and find ourselves touched by his endearing spirit and the works that God is doing in his body and life.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
More info on Matt from Mom

This morning the surgeon did a follow-up spinal fluid pressure check. Normal pressure is between 140 and 200 - Matt's yesterday was over 300, today it was at 200. They will re-check it Wednesday in the morning. If it is 200 or less, that is what the doctors want to see. If not, he will have to have surgery to put a 'shunt' (drain) from his brain to his stomach. The MRI results looked good - no fluid build up. Matt is still not awake. He responds a little bit to me messing with him or Bob talking to him. He has received a few musical/talking cards and we play those for him to try and get a response. We will update more later. Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan

A little snow, Please!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
This kid is really fighting hard.

Redoubling our thoughts of Matt over here.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
For sure! He is a trooper, Not another kid like him.

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Good news this AM?

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Hi Bob

Sorry very late in checking in...am adding him to our good vibes list at the Hudson household.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Moms update this evenin

sounds better to me, Thank you guys

I am back in the hotel and it's Bob's turn to spend the night with Matt at the hospital. The spinal fluid pressure test came back at 160 - so, the doctor's are holding off on a surgery for the shunt. Thank God! They will do another test on Friday to see where the pressure is. We are getting a little more response from Matt each day. Today we put the phone up to his ear and Uncle Jimmy and Nonnie both talked to him and could hear some moans and Uncle Jimmy heard him laugh. He sort of opened his eye today too. The tv/music system in the room is great. I played some music for Matt - Tom Petty, Nelly, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz and Esther the Child Life Social Worker let us borrow her Beatles CD. Bob watched Rush Hour 2 with Matt twice today. We try to keep the tv or music on Matt's favorites; sports, family guy, etc... I told him today he was like 'Sleeping Beauty' - but, he needs a PRINCESS to come kiss him to wake him up - because MY kisses aren't working (obviously)! I am just MOM! Bob continues to tell him funny stories and tickle him as well and he can get him to laugh. The nurses in PICU are so wonderful! Every single one of them! We totally admire their profession. I keep telling them - just wait until you can REALLY meet Matt - he will be exactly like we've described him and MORE!

Bob and I are missing Emileigh so much. We wish she were here - she and Matthew share a special bond, they have from the day Matt was born. Emileigh could really get a response from him while she was here. She is a strong young lady and I'm very proud of her. She will be starting school next week - her senior year. I'm hoping some way - that I can be there for her on her 1st day of school.

We wish we could express thru Matt's site the overwhelming love and appreciation we have for all of you - your thoughts, prayers, support, cards, and love. Because of this we continue to be strong and know that God has a very very special plan for Matthew Robert Hernan!

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Great news! Thanks for the update.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Liking the updates Bob. Keep em coming.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Moms update

Wanted to update because we need all of our friends,family, prayer warriors, to send prayers and positive thoughts for Matt. Today Matt has yet another obstacle to overcome. The MRI showed that Matt has a blood clot on his brain on his left side. The Neurosurgeons don't want to do surgery again - because Matt has just had 3 surgeries in the last 2 weeks. An option would be to give Matt blood thinners but that could cause hemorage(sp) because he just had surgery. Or the clot could heal it self. (that is what we are praying and hoping for)! They are going to watch Matt and they have him still on an ECG for internal seizures. Clinically the surgeon said Matt is progressing. He saw Matt smile when I read him what Uncle Jimmy wrote on his guest book. He also said he has a patient with a brain tumor - NOT on the brain stem like Matts and the patient took 4 days to wake up.
Matt's spinal fluid pressure was at 13 today.
Good News! Matt will also re-start physical and occupational therapy this afternoon.

We have the movie Step Brothers on for Matt right now and then we will watch Talladega nights with him.

peace - light & love - The Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Notice anything about these pictures of Matt?

I dont know how he does it but he is able to stay positive through all this and smiles all the time. What a kid! What a trooper! Way to go Matt keep up the fight!!

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
We'll pray his body takes care of that blood clot Bob. Keep it up Matt and we look forward to more progress.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Talked to Grandma Nonnie tonight and basically they are waiting for Matt to wake up, with all the surgery's the doctors say it can take several days for everything to come together and the trauma to subside or at least thats how I understand it.

I would also like to bring something to the attention of the rest of the pondposs family, I have been talking to Corey and Lauri WE know them as (RC51) via email for local information down by the Hospital such as restaurants trying to find out what if any nice places to eat to send them a gift card or something, that's when Corey and Lauri so generously offered to prepare a home cooked meal and personally deliver it to them!
Lauri was able to speak with them today when she dropped off dinner for them, On behalf of my family I would like to thank you and your family for being so thoughtful and considerate to take time out of your busy day to help out total strangers that you have never met. God bless you guys and your family.

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Going the extra mile.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Mom's update

Matt is out of ICU and back to the Intermediate floor - 3C room 4. His left eye has been open a little more today and yesterday. Bob and I had Matt laughing. Still sleeping A LOT! He is on an IV antibiotic and aspirin. He might have another Lumbar puncture tomorrow to determine his spinal fluid pressure. Looks like Matt will be in the hospital until the end of next week or the following week. PaPa, Nonnie & Emileigh are coming to visit Matt tomorrow and I will go back home with them to be with Emileigh when she starts her SENIOR year. I will stay a couple of days and come back to be with Matt. I have a feeling Bob will stay at the hospital 24/7. Please keep both in your prayers.

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey Bob it was my pleasure. Lauri talked with Shari for a bit and Bob loved the roasted chicken and rolls!!! Glad to hear Matt is doing better. We told Shari if she needs someone to talk to she could call Lauri anytime. Our thoughts and prayers are with them every day.

God Bless,
RC51

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Moms update sound a whole lot better!

Yesterday - Mom, Emileigh and UNCLE JIMMY came to pick me up in Little Rock to be home with Emileigh to get her ready for school starting on Tuesday. Uncle Jimmy surprised me and got to see Matt. PaPa isn't feeling well and he most likely will have to have gall bladder surgery \:\(
Bob said last night Matt was watching America's Funniest Videos with him (Matt had his glasses on) and he was laughing at the show!!! YEAH!
The ride back home was nice. We are missing Matt and Bob though. I talked to Bob this morning and Matt's dressing was changed and sutures were taken out. Bob said it looked good. Dr. Barr told Bob that the treatment for the blood clot isn't an 'over night' solution and Matt will have to continue with the aspirin for a while. Also, as soon as Matt is more awake the OT, PT and Speech Therapy will be best for him and the Therapists will really work him.
Please keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers - he has a long long road to recovery - most likely one year.

Peace - Light & Love, Shari for The Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Theo Gallus - 03/28/24 10:27 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump