Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,993
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,538
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Is that actually your car Dwight??? Dang that is beautiful.

Ricki actually wanted a generation one curved glass Barracuda. In fact we had made a deal on a 65 Forumla S at the Route 66 Rendevous that I mentioned above. Agreed on a deal and were set to meet they guy at the bank. The guy backed out at the last moment. Turned out that when he told his daughter that he was selling it she went ballistic, apparantly he had promised it to her years before. Ricki was heartbroken.

I've never let brand names get in the way. IHMO every manufacturer has made some killer iron that I'd be proud to own.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Shawn Banks
Rockytopper,

Are you going to keep it street legal or throw some slicks on it and keep it for the track? What color are you going to paint it? Is that a brand new LS1 you dropped in it? Pretty sweet ride.

I got a kick out of your lift. I do the exact same thing with my tractor, including lifting up my Dixie Chopper lawnmower to change the blades, skin my deer, and anything else I can think of when in a dire situation.

In the neighboring town of Braymer, there is an old building on main street (main street is about 300' long) with glass windows. Inside sits an original 55 Belair 2d Hard top. No one really knows where the owner lives anymore except that its somewhere in KC. The locals say that he hasn't been around in a long time. I drove by with my dad a few years ago and he caught it out of the corner of his eye, slammed on the breaks, bailed out of the truck and appeared to be drooling at the window. My old man is a tough as nails, no emotions kind of guy so it was odd for me to see that kind of behavior. I made a mental note to add 55 belair to the list of his favorite things which includes fishing, his dogs, beer, and vienna sausages.

It will remain street legal. Current plan is to paint it 2005 mustang gt mineral grey with black interior. I have been driving the car to work 60 miles one way and it is getting 22+ mpg. The ls1 and 4 speed auto trans were low miles pullout from a 2002. I was going to install a built 455 but after figuring out a budget for the power plant I went with the fuel injected lS1. After doing it and realizing how easy it is to make these modern power plants run in an 0lder muscle car I'll never go old school again under the hood. She will start instantly in any weather at the turn of a key.

I miss my 55 2d ht more than any but Dave this one does have A/C.

Dwight I wish I could see your baby but I guess it is behind the fire wall.

JHAP If I ever finsih it I would like to do the power tour some day it sounds like a blast. If not that Hot August nights in Reno also sounds like a nice Vacation.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: rockytopper
I was going to install a built 455 but after figuring out a budget for the power plant I went with the fuel injected lS1. After doing it and realizing how easy it is to make these modern power plants run in an 0lder muscle car I'll never go old school again under the hood.

I'm with ya there Rocky. In addition to the cars above I had a 2004 SVT Terminator Cobra. It was one of those factory supercharged Cobras. The powerplant was a 4.6 litre, double overhead cam motor with an Eaton supercharger and an intercooler. I got 26 MPG on the highway in a car that I had dyno'd at over 400 HP at the rear wheels. This was the fastest car I have ever owned. Bone stock they ran high 11s in the quarter mile, 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. A modern fuel injected motor is SO much easier to work with once you get used to tuning with a lap top computer rather that a timing light and a dwell meter.

Originally Posted By: rockytopper
JHAP If I ever finsih it I would like to do the power tour some day it sounds like a blast. If not that Hot August nights in Reno also sounds like a nice Vacation.

The Hot Rod Power Tour was a lot of fun, we met some great folks, saw a lot of interesting places. Hot August Nights in Reno is supposed to be a lot of fun. I haven't been there as of yet.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Dwight Offline OP
Administrator
Lunker
OP Offline
Administrator
Lunker
I am looking for a Hemi AWD vehicle to donate it's drive train for the 1959 Desoto. My plan is to keep the 59 completely stock in appearance and all modern underneath, including suspension and brakes.

I bid on a couple Dodge Magnum Hemi-powered wrecks, but they went beyond what I am willing to pay. I can wait for the right opportunity. Maybe an SRT version?

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/27/24 07:04 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner