Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kendal, BoomerTC35D, cjschuhmann, Teroni, EGS
18,531 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,014
Posts558,526
Members18,531
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,606
ewest 21,513
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,159
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ben Davis, Bigtrh24, Khocke, FishinRod, papereater), 1,040 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Yeah, what the heck, I am never this late. I need to talk to the mailman, again!

Lunker
Lunker
If I may make some observations wrt the "Ask the Boss" Q&A section (which I just finished), without giving away too much information:

Having met Cody, I was able to read The Pond Doctor's massively informative response with Bill's voice in my head. Good fish suggestion for the swimming pond, Dr. Perca.

Second, Bruce's Mom wrote to PB World Headquarters asking for three copies of the November/December 2008 issue. For the life of me, I can't imagine why. I'll have to dig it out of the magazine rack in the reading room tonight and see if there was a really good recipe in that issue.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
First off, great story Ken, very well written and informative. My only criticism is that you should have had a "hero" shot of you holding "condello style" a large worm. In this way you would have got your mug published in the magazine. Keep that in mind for future stories.

I have several questions & comments about the magazine. When can we start discussing it? I can't wait.

SPOILER ALERT: THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT OF THE MAGAZINE. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU AVERT YOUR EYES IMMEDIATELY.

Originally Posted By: Bill Cody from Pond Boss Magazine
Bass will never bite a swimmer. Panfish of various species bite swimmers. In managing about 80 ponds, I have never had a pond owner tell me they were bit by a bass in a bass-only pond. Green sunfish are a magnificent species of sunfish that should be revered and worshipped by all.

JWHAP and I have had bass fingerlings bite us many times in our pond. They swim in packs of 2 to 3 and will nip at you whilst floating around the pond. We do have other fish in the pond so it is not a bass-only pond. Why would bass bite in an integrated pond and not in a bass-only pond. Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh and by the way I did not get to permission to reproduce this section of Pond Boss magazine. I realize that Pond Boss magazine is protected by copyright laws and that I probably will be sued, or receive some form of corporal punishment (is Pond Boss allowed to cane you for such violations?) or at the very least be taunted for taking such liberties with the magazine content. I apologize in advance (ok, actually after the fact) for my lapse in judgement. I plead insanity. Also, since I am in a confessional sort of mood, I might have added that green sunfish stuff to Bill's quote.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
It has inspired me to try it.
Look forward to other articles of the same sort.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
Lunker
Lunker
Yeah, loved and learned from Kens' story. Every summer I depart the 100 degree plus climate of Bakersfield (sounds hot don't it) to stay on my Alabama acerage. Yet, in my own testimony, I left a passal (20 gal planter) full of 'em sitting on the patio. So upon return in August I watered the planter and bought some more from the local fishing shop. Was I surprised when mixing the soil, those buggers survived 6 weeks of no water and 105 degree days Not only are they cold hardy yet also heat hardy. If you slough off for a few weeks, they'll survive despite our negillgence

Last edited by SoSauty; 01/09/09 12:16 PM. Reason: clarify

Self-educated rednecks, the real intelligentsia.
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
i JUST got the mag last night, havent read it yet, but know the story from the forum.....its great you got to publish it ken....congrats.....

also nice cover pic there adirondack, congrats on that too..

GSF are people too!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
DIED -- I beat ya! Mine came on Tuesday of this week. \:\)

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ken's story is well written and great.

Nice job, catmandoo!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Excellent story. I will hopefully be putting what I learned into application this year. One thing I wasn't clear about was if worms could be raised on JUST artificial pellets. If so, it would be something easier for me to feed them everyday, as opposed to collecting scraps.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 01/09/09 04:41 PM. Reason: I changed the post from something that made no sense, into something that made just the absolute smallest amount of sense.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
...or you could just have the wurm farm at your house in town and (carefully) transport them to the ponds to use for bait/feed the fish.

That is, of course, assuming your wife wouldn't mind. Supermodels are pretty patient when it comes to having wurm farms at their houses, ya know. Your odds are good.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
...or you could just have the wurm farm at your house in town and (carefully) transport them to the ponds to use for bait/feed the fish.

That is, of course, assuming your wife wouldn't mind. Supermodels are pretty patient when it comes to having wurm farms at their houses, ya know. Your odds are good.

Agreed!!

To be honest with you, when I saw the photo on your signature line my first thought was, "I didn't know Christy Turlington was available".

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
thats an amazing resemblance....and fun to compare \:\)

dont look so happy dave

GSF are people too!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
She's not available; davatsa has taken her off the market.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
Lunker
Dang Baylor guys and their hot chicks!!!!!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Actually the biggest difference between Dave's wife and Christy Turlington is that Dave's wife is younger and has better hair...

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Other amazing reselblances.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
LOL guys. Thanks for the compliments.

Fatty, what can I say--she's a Baylor girl. I'll never say I picked the wrong school.

Man, who knew we had a rock star on Pondboss??

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Don Wallace, scott69
Recent Posts
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by RAH - 05/16/24 05:58 PM
Spawn Identification
by Fishingadventure - 05/16/24 05:03 PM
BG sex?
by Theo Gallus - 05/16/24 05:02 PM
Pest Control around Pond