Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,011
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
12 members (Sunil, Jason D, John Folchetti, Lake8, JoshMI, LeighAnn, FishinRod, canyoncreek, Drago, Boondoggle, highflyer, Shorthose), 1,235 guests, and 210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
so JWHAP doesnt like fish? is that correct?

try this JHAP (i just watched smokey joe do this in alaska):

get yerself a dutch oven
put a layer of bacon on bottom, put a layer of fish fillets on bacon, then add another layer of bacon, a layer of onions, a layer of bacon, another layer of fish, and a final layer of bacon.
put on lid, place on open campfire coals, cook for 45 minutes......

dang that looked good........

happy birthday again bbjr.

GSF are people too!

Lunker
Lunker
I like chicken fried bacon

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
What does bbjr stand for?

"Bayou bourgelais, Jr."?

"back bacon, Jr."?

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 10/04/08 11:34 AM. Reason: initially misspelled "bourgelais"

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Lunker
Lunker
Bacon Baked Just Right

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Although I would be proud to have my handle be associated with anything bacon, sadly, that is not the case.

The true story behind the name goes something like this: About ten years ago, when I first began dabbling on this creature known as the world wide web, I needed to register to set up an email account, ebay account, among others. Anyways, the name I had set up for one account was already used on another account, so I switched all of them. This process went on about 3-4 times, never could I find a unique name that was not already used somewhere (sure I could of used 2 or 3 different account names, but I have enough trouble trying to remember different passwords, let alone remembering screen names ). So here I am trying to come up with something creative that kind of describes me (something that I am never good at), and in the background I have the tv on with a documentary about B.B. King. On the documentary they went on to describe how Riley B. King was given the nickname "Beale Street Blues Boy". Perfect. I was and still am a fan of the blues, and at the time I loved to play the guitar. Bluesboyjr it was. Even though B.B. King is not my favorite, I certainly have a deep respect for him, and SRVjr just did not have the same kind of ring to it . I've since shortened bluesboyjr, to bbjr for ease of typing.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Great story bbjr. Does your guitar have a name - like Lucille?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Rock on.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Originally Posted By: ewest
Great story bbjr. Does your guitar have a name - like Lucille?

She doesn't have a name. Again, I was never creative enough to come up with a good name. Maybe I should watch some more documentaries . Actually, it has been in storage ever since my kids were born. I plan on getting it back out when/if one of the kids ever shows an interest in it.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Here comes some more thread jacking.

Once upon a time, long, long ago, I enjoyed the sport of pocket billiards. I enjoyed it so much that I did a lot of traveling to seek out someone that could give me lessons to sharpen my game. Although those people were hard to find, I occasionally paid tuition to learn new things. I called my pool cue "hot lips". She is in a closet somewhere and my Wife has suggested that I get rid of her. It is hard to forget your first true love and I expect I will keep her back there in the closet.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 10/07/08 05:52 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
The only response I could think of to that post DD would result in my moderation so I shall remain silent. Complete and utter quiet. No comment what so ever. Nothing. Nada. Nyet. Quiet as a moose (how can such a big animal be so quiet, I never understood that phrase). Silence is golden. This is JHAP being respectfully quiet so as not to post the volcanic eruption of responses that are attempting to overwhelm his political correctness filter. Must fight the urge to post. Better go get another cup of coffee. Walk away from the keyboard.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Ok, I'm feeling better now. Man was that a close one.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Hijack continues........

DD, JHAP either doesn't play pool, OR you liberated some of his cash for him to remain so quiet!

Let me introduce Pay Me Baby. Born in 89, she looks great in her tight black leather wrap. PM Baby earned me over 20k in private lessons before she too was relagated to the closet. If I don't get a job soon, we may have to restart our love affair! I'm pretty proud of her!

Lunker
Lunker
Just remember, you should be

"not hustling people strange to you
Even if you do got a two piece custom made pool cue"

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Hey, Dave, you gotta find a barbeque joint in Metromess that has some decent tables. PB conf. afterhours. Bring plenty of monopoly money. I get a glass eyed handicap.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Hey, Hot Lips hasn't seen daylight in 20 years. Street hustlers from Houston by way of Mississippi don't get spotted.

I have, in the intervening years, tried to play twice. I can walk up to the table, see the easy runout and miss the first shot. I'm a Has Been but not a Never Wuz.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Dave, I can still win more than I lose, but as I've gotten older the long thin cut sure seems to be a lot longer and thinner!

Those pics of PM Baby were taken when I offered her a new home on Ebay. I still am not sure if I'm happy or sad that the winner never paid.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
That one is a beauty, Rainman. I have a couple of OK ones that I picked up in Alaska. Not much to do in Valdez for 18 months.

Dave, if you can still see the runs, that's OK. Then you can still dream. I dream I am playing pool with that 22 yr. old Austrian chick, pool shark, Jasmin Ouschan. I let her win every time.

Last edited by burgermeister; 10/08/08 07:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
Inland Silver sided shiner
by canyoncreek - 04/29/24 09:19 AM
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by FishinRod - 04/29/24 09:14 AM
American Feeder H 125 Fish Feeder
by Jason D - 04/29/24 09:10 AM
What did you do at your pond today?