Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Neal Horner, Champ59, fletchccc, etx-pond-c, Painterpond
18,537 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,022
Posts558,592
Members18,538
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,607
ewest 21,516
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,160
Who's Online Now
11 members (Boondoggle, GhostRiver, Knobber, WiYeti, Champ59, catscratch, Shorthose, ghdmd, Sunil, Tinylake, esshup), 1,053 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
OK guys,Im on my way to the gas station.Its been 8 days and I ussually fill up every 7.About 20 gals is about normal so we shall see. ;\)
Will it be
or

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
I just got home and thought I would post the "news".I just put 13.01 gals in my truck,and yes Greg,I force fed it to make sure I wasn't fudging.I even made a gas spill they werent real happy about in doing so.I saved about 7 gal this week in gas with my new toy,so its goona stay on the truck.I also built another one thats a little more effiecent so I should get even better results next week.By that time I should have my diesel rigged up to test it out.The odometer works on that one so Ill find out a lot quicker in it. I be SMILIN!

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Sounds great Tom congrats. Im sure the others will be thrilled.

Get out and fish.
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Tom so how many miles did you go on the 13 gals? What are the drawbacks? Is it dangerous? If none I want to buy one from you if you can supply good directiosn on how to rig up to my truck. I want to see the diesel results as well. Thanks

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
TomG, Interesting thread here. \:\) I've been researching this water vs gas for awhile; it's been around for years but not acknowledged by any big auto industry picking up on it and putting them in their products (makes me wonder). I'd be more concerned what the effects are on the engine of the car over time--life compared to gas, etc, etc. I've not really found documented results on that. As much as I'd like to try this, I don't want to try it on my car. I'd be most interested in your opinions say in a year or two (or 100,000 miles if you keep your autos that long). Keep us posted.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Pictures? ;\)

Hey Moe, I'm trying to think but nuthin's happening!
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
So is it an effect of intercooling or is it really the hydrogen?

http://www.snowperformance.net/

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
What is new on this Tom?? Did you test your new improved version yet?? I am going to have to rig one of these up and test it out I reckon.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
What happened to Tom?
Hope the oil company goons didn't catch up to him.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
The conspiracy begins...heh heh. Maybe he took off on a road trip with all the fuel he has saved!!! Could be the oil companies are paying him to be silent on this to keep fuel prices up. I did notice fuel went down, maybe Tom conserved so much there is a glut in the supply now......Just kidding, we all know they will never let that happen again.

Seriously though, I'd like to hear more about how this worked out for him.

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Sorry I havent posted lately,but its the weekend and Ive been pretty overrun with chores around the house.The BOSS was getting upset with me being so invovled with my new toys and blowing off the yardwok etc.I did manage to build test unit #3 Sat. nite after working in the yard all day.A cold 6 pack(to keep my consentration level peeked)a couple hrs to design and build the latest,greatest generater,a quick hookup to my batt charger to ck amp usage and presto!I didnt watch close enough and about 30 secs into the test,everythinks WAS working perfect,and then my wires shorted together.Thr 3/16 double braided stainless steel wire went from warm...to orange...to red...to white in about .0002 seconds.I dropped my beer(I know,I know,a mortal sin)grabbing for the plug to yank it out of the wall.After cking my shorts and grabing another brew and calming down a bit,I cked it out and found no serious damage except my wits.
On a much brighter note,I was casually talking to one of my custmers Sat afternoon and found out hes a physisist.We talked about 45 mins ,and when he put a confused look on my face,he said Tom,go home and chew on that.Come down next weekend and we'll talk some more :)So IM going back with a legal pad next Sat and getting a crash coarse in physics.I really liked the way he kept smiling as we talked and I kept asking him questions.When one of his anwers didnt make sense(I just didnt understand the answer,lack of knowledge on my part,)he grinned real big and told me enough for now.He was right.Ive thought about that 45min conversation all weekend and he crammed so much info into it Im still chewing on it.
Oh,and by the way,he had one in his lab he let me look at and said I was on the right track,that they do work.I also asked him why the carmakers werent all over it and he gave me one of those BIG smiles of his and,next weekend Tom,dont forget your pen.I guess he already knows Ill be taking notes

I subscribe

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Jersey,Joe, the oil caompanies tried but I secretly took a backdoor and snuck inside the GSA deathstar and blasted them while noone was looking.I hope JHAP doesnt get made,but just in case,I erased my coordinants from the ships computer before I left.

I subscribe

D
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
D
Lets not forget that while the oil companies have a profit margin of 9% we, the people, benefit 18 to 24% through taxes on petroleum products. Guess who really wants the price of oil to remain high! After all, that welfare money has to come from somewhere.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Just for the record

Originally Posted By: Dudley Landry
Lets not forget that while the oil companies have a profit margin of 9% we, the people, benefit 18 to 24% through taxes on petroleum products. Guess who really wants the price of oil to remain high! After all, that welfare money has to come from somewhere.

Taxes on oill and gasoline are a set amount PER GALLON, and are NOT a percentage---like sales taxes. The high price of gasoline does not increase the tax revenue, in fact it REDUCES the revenue due to fewer gallons being sold.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Tom, Have you determined what kind of increases you're getting yet?

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Rainman,Im figuring between 20-25%,but it will get better as I get more efficent with the generator.

Last edited by TOM G; 08/26/08 07:16 AM.

I subscribe

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Rainman,
Not in Georgia. It's a percentage here.

Tom,
Pictures? Pretty please!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
You'd be correct here in NC too Jersey!
The state gas tax is based on the average price per gal of fuel for the last 6 months. So when the price per gal goes up so does the tax!!

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Guys,Im working on the pics,but my wife doesnt know what she did with the cable to download the camera.Dont worry though,if she doesnt find it,Ill take the grandkids fishing with her camera,that always produces results

I subscribe

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
By the way,todays fill-up day News at 11:00 \:D

I subscribe

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Jersey, I stand corrected! Your state charges BOTH! An excise tax of 7.5 cents per gallon PLUS about 4% of sales. There is about 18.5 cents per gallon of federal tax.

Ric, I see what you say about your tax being adjusted bi-anually, but it is still at a per gallon rate and not a percentage as far as I could find.

Any way it goes it is too much!

T
TOM G Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Unless Im figuring wrong my milage has gone from around 10 up to around 15 mpg. Also,my wife took a couple of pics for me and put them on the puter at home for me but I couldnt find them last nite after she went to work.Ill try to post them tonite.

I subscribe

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Rainman,
I believe it's not a fixed price per gal but figured on a percent of the average price per gal of the previous 6 months. I honestly don't know how they figure the tax but is there any other way it could be figured than an percentage when it's based on fluctions in price?

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Watch out Tom, this is an interesting article from the Columbus dispatch.
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/con...A1_4V77MOK.html

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Quote from the article:

He took a sip of cranberry juice. Then he grabbed his neck, bolted out the door, dropped to his knees and vomited violently.

"I ran outside and asked him, 'What's wrong?' " his brother, Stephen Meyer, recalled. "He said, 'They poisoned me.' That was his dying declaration."

Good evidence Tom that you should stick to drinking beer and only from cold sealed bottles

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
JB Askew
Recent Posts
I think I killed all my fish
by WiYeti - 05/21/24 01:57 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Sunil - 05/21/24 01:08 PM
Help,BG Dying, 1 a day
by Champ59 - 05/21/24 11:30 AM
Spillway recovery from record rains
by etx-pond-c - 05/21/24 09:30 AM
Fish Finder?
by catscratch - 05/21/24 07:28 AM
Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win
by Willy Wonka - 05/21/24 03:35 AM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by Boondoggle - 05/20/24 10:01 PM
Trapping the Crays
by FishinRod - 05/20/24 05:16 PM
Can a pond lose just one species of fish?
by Sunil - 05/20/24 08:09 AM
TadpolePalooza!
by Boondoggle - 05/19/24 11:20 AM
What Kind of Moss?
by FishinRod - 05/18/24 04:37 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
by Tbar, December 10
Deer at Theo's 2023
Deer at Theo's 2023
by Theo Gallus, November 13