Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,988
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
5 members (hartfish, FishinRod, jmartin, Theo Gallus, Bigtrh24), 1,194 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
D
dittos jeff, thanks for the update, special prayers for yer mom too.

dave

GSF are people too!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Dad's had a rough couple of days. His blood pressure yesterday was horribly low. At this point they won't give us an estimated release date. He is getting weaker daily, he doesn't sleep well in the hospital with all the commotion going on around him.

I just pray we can bring him home soon.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'll pray too.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
K
Lunker
Lunker
K
Our prayers are with you, and your family. May you recieve the strength needed to cope with these difficult times

I have buried the hatchet.

\_~ <*((((((((((((((((<
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
My Dad died in the hospital last night a little after 10pm.

An absolutely amazing event happened that help to renew my faith.

Early yesterday morning dad's kidney's failed and Dad wanted to try dialysis. Dad expressed to my Mom that he did not want to be resuscitated but unfortunately the Doctor was not informed. About a hour after the procedure began Dad coded. Since the do not resuscitate (DNR) orders had not been written in his chart the emergency staff used the shock paddles and restarted his heart. As you can imagine this caused quite a reaction by us (well ok especially me) since he had (I thought) a he had a standing DNR order, I had to be restrained by my wife an a nurse. Once the staff was informed of the DNR order all procedures were haulted. Dad remained unsconcious for several hours. It was a horrible and grim event followed by hours of agony - all of which was never supposed to happen. I want to be clear about this though, I do not blame the hospital staff. In the confusion of things the DNR orders had not been conveyed to his doctor and accordingly his chart did not reflect them. Therefore the critical care staff were only doing their job.

Here is the amazing part. After several hours unconscious Dad suddenly awoke. He went from being coded and unconcious to completely conscious and alert and talking. The critial care staff were amazed as was my wife (an RN that has served in ICU, CCU, NICU, & ER) that he was lucid and speaking to us all. After a minute or two Dad suddenly said "Well that was a profound experience." We asked him what was profound. He said that he was aware that we were all there during the unconsciousness (following the code) and that he could hear us talking to him. He said that he felt the need to tell us stuff (but at time was unable to speak). He said that he was trying to read us "pages in a book" or "items from a list." We were able to have about 2 hours with him talking. He was able to tell us things that he wanted done that he loved us all. We were able tell him that we love him and that he had been the best father that children could possibly hope for and that of course we would take care of Mom. At about 7 in the evening he fell asleep and he passed away peacefully in his sleep at about 10pm. We were blessed to have this time with him and his passing was as peaceful as anyone could ask for.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for the prayers. I believe that through all of our collective prayers we were granted the additional time with my father to comfort him and enjoy his presence.

God Bless you all for that.

Here's Dad doing what he loved to do, catching one of the (pre forage stocking) skinny bass on our Ranch.

Find all of the best fishing spots Dad, I'll see you when I get there.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
What a special, wonderful way to get to say goodbye.

Quote:
I believe that through all of our collective prayers we were granted the additional time with my father to comfort him and enjoy his presence.

You know, I believe I agree with you.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
God Bless..
Jeff, our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
The Glazeners'

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Jeff it is amazing that you could share that with us under the circumstance. Thanks for the effort. As I told Greg - your dad is still there just in a different way.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Thinking of you and your family Jeff. Thanks for sharing your supernatural experience.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Wow...that is an incredible story, Jeff. I believe...I believe! Peace to your Dad and strength/prayers to your family and loved ones.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I can't even hardly comment because I can barely see the computer screen. The lump in my throat is as big as that bass your Dad has in the picture...

Thanks, Jeff.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
D
gutwrenching, poignant, and incredibly beautiful story jeff, i'm sorry i never met yer dad, i cant wipe my tears fast enough. those two hours were a gift from God, may yer family have unbreakable strength in the months to come, and trust yer dad is in a great place now.

love from both of us, hope to talk to you soon.

dave

GSF are people too!

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
My family extends our sympathy to you and your family. That was an amazing story. Sounds like your dad left you with a lot of great memories. What a special gift. Stay strong my friend.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Jeff,

Thank you for sharing that amazing story. I'm so glad you and your family got to spend that precious time with your dad. You will remain in our prayers, friend.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
I can't even hardly comment because I can barely see the computer screen. The lump in my throat is as big as that bass your Dad has in the picture...

Thanks, Jeff.

That pretty much says it all for me too.
Tom Goodenough&family wishes you and yours all the best.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I had to close the door to my office. I didn't want to explain why I was crying to anyone.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Beautiful story Jeff, I'm all choked up. God bless your family. I am glad our prayers were answered in a way that gave you, your dad and your family some closing.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Your family was blessed.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
I had to close the door to my office. I didn't want to explain why I was crying to anyone.

My children asked me why I was crying .....until they read your post JHAP. Then they were crying right along with me and giving me the love I am sure you gave your father in those last hours.

Your trials have reminded us all of our mortality. I pray for you and your family. I also pray that I will have the blessed chance to say goodbye to my parents when the time comes as you did

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Take care Jeff, and prayers to all the family.

20 acres of trees & 3/4 acre pond.

"Home of the future Texas state HSB record for Private ponds"
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
Wow Jeff. Thanks.

B
bz Offline
Lunker
Lunker
B
God has truly blessed your dad and family. It's so nice when some obvious good things come out of a loss like this.

Gotta get back to fishin!
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Jeff the PB family is amazing and I know you agree. The prayers helped with both of us. That was an amazing story, writing it might have helped with the griving as well. Not sure if you have had the funeral yet, but if I can help in anyway please feel free to call my cell 770-378-6285. Having just went through this I might help, but feel free to call. I will continue to pray for you and your Dad's family. Glad we both could share in peaceful passings but it is still difficult. What was your Dad's name? I want to tell Melvin to seek him out since he has another potential fishing partner.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.

I cannot effectively express how much this means to me.

Greg it was so nice talking with you on the telephone this afternoon, I forgot to say my father's name is Tom and I know that he and Melvin will soon have... FISH ON!

Here's just another great memory....

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Absolutely an amazing story, Jeff. Sincere condolences on the loss of your father. He's fishing up there with the best of them. \:\) My Dad's up there by the card tables with his friends, maybe they'll see each other. Keep the memories close always as I have done of my own father.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:24 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!