Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
cgoetz1, BarkyDoos, beauphus, Lina, blueyss
18,518 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,994
Posts558,320
Members18,519
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,579
ewest 21,510
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,155
Who's Online Now
4 members (rjackson, Theo Gallus, tws3, Ibanez540r), 881 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Bobcat 963G is on it's way from FL to MI. Whew... I escaped that that loss of a pile of money. Truck will be in place 1:00pm Monday. Car carrier will be there the same time to make a makeshift loading dock. Cant drive a diesel powered vehicle in the plant. (Tropicanna Orange juice)

This was the most difficult pickup from Auctions that I had to do.

Great news is that it's only going to be 1250.00 for shipping and the car carrier, and with the bill of lading I get 748.04 back.

Not bad for an 02 963G which Blue Books at 32K.

Six way blade under construction, I have all the tools.

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Pick-up went well. Elmers only charged me 60 bucks for the car carrier that made a makeshift loading dock. Tommy, who picked it up was pretty much geeked up when they loaded it and got a class 101 on operation. I am totally relieved as this has had meticulous service and well maintained, except for a few dents and scratches, and that has been confirmed. So Wednesday night, I probably will have a hard time sleeping. This is just as exciting as getting a new pair of K-Mart tennis shoes when I was a kid, and not only dreaming to wake up to nothing, the shoes, eventually showed up.

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
GW, tractors don't depreciate much, if any. My first one was a Ford 8N that was made in about 1950. It's still ticking. I paid about $2K and still have it. Several neighbors have borrowed it when their tractors had problems. It's as handy as the pocket on a shirt.

About 6 or 7 years ago, I bought a new 4 WD JD with about 40 HP and a front end loader. I found that all new tractors are now rated at motor instead of PTO. It's been a dream and will outlive me. It cost about $25K, is fairly low mileage and is worth about what I paid for it. Power steering is great and the old Ford doesn't have it. I've used it, with a box blade, to clean out a couple of old silted in stock tanks.

If you get something with a front end loader make sure it is 4wd. Actually, I can't imagine not having a loader. I use it for everything.

If I had it to do over again I would probably, like ML says, look for a good used one. Big tractors, at farm auctions, are less popular than smaller utility ones in my area. Common sense evaluation methods just might mean getting a good tractor guy to help you shop.

BTW, 4 wheelers depreciate about 40% when they leave the sales floor.

DD1, I'm not trying to pick on you, but I wonder how accurate your last statement is. I've been doing a lot of tractor shopping lately and I don't think I've found any low hour 4WD tractors priced anywhere near 60% of their new value. I consider your opinion to be important so I just thought I'd double check this.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
 Originally Posted By: GW
DD1, I'm not trying to pick on you, but I wonder how accurate your last statement is. I've been doing a lot of tractor shopping lately and I don't think I've found any low hour 4WD tractors priced anywhere near 60% of their new value. I consider your opinion to be important so I just thought I'd double check this.

I think Dave is talking about ATV's, not 4WD tractors.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Right, I'm talking about REAL toys.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I wondered about that.

Chris, don't you have a slightly used ATV for sale? ;\)

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
I wondered about that.

Chris, don't you have a slightly used ATV for sale? ;\)

Sure do. It is smoking hot, like they say in that used car commercial.

Last edited by Chris Steelman; 10/03/07 10:18 AM.
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

GMC TO THE RESCUE!

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
That could have easily been a lot worse.

My dad has been wanting a cab tractor. The bad thing about them is that you would have been trapped inside if it fell over.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
LMAO. Did you have to change your skivies?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
I hate when that happens.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
ahvatsa welcome to the club, Momma had to come pull me out last year. The more I tried to get out the worst it got.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
If that tractor was blue,it would be me!Geez, is everyone here nuts or what.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Well...

maybe we'll have a few Condello-sized BG that will make extra-large spawning beds out of the ruts when the pond finally rises??

Maybe it's not completely a lost cause...

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Thanks for posting those photos Ahvasta. I think they should serve as a reminder for several things:

1. Working around a pond can be dangerous - so be careful.

2. Working with a tractor on an incline can be dangerous - so be careful.

3. Combining 1 and 2 can be VERY dangerous so be VERY careful.

4. If you ingnore items 1 through 3 take photos just so the rest of us don't feel like complete idiots when we ignore items 1 through 3.

I decided to forge a seasonal stream across my property last year with a Polarius Ranger. Sunk it up the the floor board. So here I was in the Ranger with my wife riding shotgun stuck in the middle of a small stream. The banks of the stream were muddy as heck. I had to jump out of the Ranger wade through the VERY cold stream, and through the mud to get to dry land. I still had my "driving shoes" on - slip on outdoor shoes - that are comfy for driving. I lost one on the deep mud. So picture in your minds eye JHAP soaking wet, and muddy, wearing only one shoe, hiking back up to camp to get my 4Runner. This would have been very funny except I had just driven over 500 miles in the 4Runner to get to the pond property and was a wee bit tired. I probably should have taken photos but after 9 hours on the road, then setting up camp my humor level wasn't up to par. I might have even uttered a bad word. Possibly even two.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I get nervous just looking at those pictures!! Glad it turned out OK.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

I still had my "driving shoes" on - slip on outdoor shoes - that are comfy for driving. I lost one on the deep mud. So picture in your minds eye JHAP soaking wet, and muddy, wearing only one shoe, hiking back up to camp to get my 4Runner.

Jeff I have a similar experience except I was in our 4x4 pickup with my wife driving. We were just taking a Sunday drive around the country side near our place. My wife turned onto a county road that turned out to be a non maintanced road that the local teens had mudd crawls in. When we approached the mud hole area which was about 100yds long, my wife stopped and said what do you thank. I said if you are going for it, punch it now and don't let up. We made it to the last hole about 5 ft from dry land and burried it to the axles. Nearest house was about 2 miles away. I lost both shoes in the mud and hiked out with one bare foot and a empty 12 pack box of keystone on the other foot.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I found a good deal on a little Kubota for Cindy. I just got back from Orlando today and the tractor will be here tomorrow. \:\)

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
whew, the older the kid, the bigger the toy, the bigger the rut, the bigger the perdicament....glad yer ok there ahvatsa..whats worse is now that beautiful clean new ride is dirty \:\)

JHAP, you never told me that story......you must have been just as embarrassed as when you moved the gams \:D
you and RT...too funny....a keystone box shoe \:D

gw, my wife wont let me have one til after the house if fixed...you lucky dog...what did you get..a "B" series?

GSF are people too!

G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
It's a L3130HST with a 723 front loader. I think I "stole" it.

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
It's a L3130HST with a 723 front loader. I think I "stole" it.

Let's hope the guy selling it to you didn't. ;\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
I think he's legit Theo, but he apparently doesn't like to put effort into getting the best price. He's selling a beautiful 17 acre spread and he's moving into an apartment in a few weeks. I guess he just wanted a quick sale. The tractor only has 114 hours on it.

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
We got our first tractor in a divorce sale; it went pretty reasonable too.

-S. M. Stirling
G
GW Offline
Lunker
Lunker
G
This couple is splitting up as well. The guy sold the tractor for just a little more than he owed Kubota for it. He bought it 18 months ago and sold it for 60% of what he paid.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca
JHAP, you never told me that story......you must have been just as embarrassed as when you moved the gams \:D

Dave, if I had to tell you all of the dumb stuff this city boy has done in the past two years of pond ownership, well lets just say then we'd never have time to get any fishin done!

One thing this city boy has learned from this whole pond/acreage ownership is that you can watch all the Bonanza reruns you want - that still doesn't make you a rancher.

PS - I also never told you about the time I put my alum. boat in the pond without the drain plug in - but shhhh don't tell anyone.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
8ball3290, BradVV, patcinkc, Teg
Recent Posts
Is my feeder toast?
by Boondoggle - 05/07/24 05:14 PM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 05/07/24 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday Augie!
by jludwig - 05/07/24 11:47 AM
Swimming Pond Center Fun Ideas
by tlogan - 05/07/24 07:23 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 05/06/24 09:36 PM
How much feed?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 07:55 PM
My First
by Bill Cody - 05/06/24 07:22 PM
Aquaculture Business/Equipment for Sale (Ohio)
by Theo Gallus - 05/06/24 07:19 PM
Trees on dam
by esshup - 05/06/24 06:08 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by ewest - 05/06/24 01:17 PM
Help building a natural 285,000 clay lined pond
by esshup - 05/06/24 10:39 AM
feeders on bank--any hog problems?
by FishinRod - 05/06/24 10:24 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday