Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,989
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
7 members (teehjaeh57, Sunil, hartfish, FishinRod, jmartin, Theo Gallus, Bigtrh24), 1,143 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#102537 11/23/07 05:05 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I just got a flyer from a company called "Native Outdoors", and they are advertising a "new" product. It is a Remington 6 V. Directional feeder for 69.99.

It says that there are 8 daily feeding times, varmint proof, and a 4 yr. warranty.

Anybody heard of this? The funny thing is that the photo doesn't resemble a fish feeder.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
There is this one but it dont look like a directional? Says 360. Probly not the same thing, Only one I could find.feeders

Last edited by Joey; 11/24/07 10:01 AM.

Joey
Joey #102551 11/24/07 02:31 AM
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Bruce, I bought one I believe like you have from them a couple of years ago. It was the olive drab rectangular shaped plastic with the electrical parts below it. It has a paddle wheel propeller on the motor. This is probably an updated digital controller on it, vs. the solar dawn and dusk controller.

Last edited by burgermeister; 11/24/07 10:09 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Burger, that's what I thought too, but the picture looks completely different, and when I called a few months ago they said they had discontinued that olive drab model. I'll try to locate a picture.

Here it is.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 11/24/07 01:26 PM.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bruce i sell those as well, to my knowldege this is not avial yet. i have been waiting for awhile on this new unit. I will let you know when I know ready to ship. thanks

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Greg Grimes
Bruce i sell those as well, to my knowldege this is not avial yet. i have been waiting for awhile on this new unit. I will let you know when I know ready to ship. thanks

Awesome, Greg. Thank you.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Specs anyone ? How big , capacity etc.

ewest #102574 11/24/07 02:20 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Here's the answer by email I just got from Native Outdoors.

The directional units we currently sell are just the 'throwing unit'.
You would put the directional unit on your own hopper.

Bruce Condello wrote:
> I'm ready to purchase a couple of your Remington directional feeders
> (6V), and I was unable to find out what the feed capacity is. Please
> let me know.
>
> Bruce Condello

--

Mark Scheurer
Native Outdoors LLC
201 Laurence Drive Ste 106
Heath TX 75032
(877)650-7938
http://www.nativeoutdoors.com

So, evidently it's just a throwing unit? Still not a bad deal if you could make a simple connection to a hopper.

How much do hoppers cost; and how do you get them.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 11/24/07 04:31 PM.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I will try again, one last time to post. A 5 ga. bucket would suffice for a small pond. Get a common deer hopper, or what ever you conjure up for larger ponds. It appears to be made of plastic, therefore not heavy. Probably mounts with a rubber gasket and bolts from inside the hopper and thru threaded inserts in the top of the unit. You will drill a large hole thru the hopper and install a funnel. There may be a backing plate for support, and to hold the funnel down.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I just want something for my very smallest ponds, so a 5 gallon bucket would be a nice, cheap way to do it. Would mounting it to plastic crack the plastic? I'm thinking of ordering one just to play with it. Greg, when you get one please call me up.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
What about the amount it throws per second of run time ? Greg let me know when you get them also.

BM thanks for the info. I think you are right about the what and how to.

ewest #103683 12/20/07 11:34 PM
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Do you think you could attach them to a 55 gallon drum? The plastic on those is a little thicker and probably less likely to crack. Also, would mean more time between fillings. If I decide to feed I too would be interested. Wonder if it comes with mounting hardware and/or funnel needed to attach to hopper. Looks like a great price.

You've got to talk to the animals, sing ditties to the fishies - My Great Grandfather

Here fishy fishy fishy - Me
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I saw one of these in Academy Outdoors (local sporting goods store like a Galyans, Cabellas, Gander Mountain etc) today. It looks substantial enough and could easily be hung under a plastic 30 or 55 gallon barrel. They even sold funnels and other accessories for building your own feeder.

Mike
W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
It's been about a month since any update on these. Any new "news"? Anyone purchased one and tried it out yet?

They look promising.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I was hoping one of you "engineering" types would buy it, rig it, photograph it and post it. I'm not smart enough to figure out anything on my own.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
That thing looks more like a pellet dropper for Koi ponds than a pellet thrower.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
This lower unit can throw most 1/4" fish food up to 40 feet, with most of it being between 15 to 25 feet. It can be mounted on anything from a bucket to a 55 gallon drum. The bucket version of the complete feeder and the larger 150lb. version that can be filled from the ground will be available in March. Also, it can be set for up to 8 feed times 1-90 seconds and each feed time can have a different duration.

Last edited by feederman; 01/24/08 02:43 PM.
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Ok here is the update. You can buy the lower unit and fab to bucket, barrell, etc. Manufacture told me setup on bucket is less than 20 mins. It comes with good set of instructions. If you like you can wait a week and let me try it out. I have one on order.

It comes with timer for 8 feedings up to 90 secs. It is 6 volt operation. It will sling corn 50 feet or pellets 35-40 with most landing 20 feet or more. Basically no food lands within first five feet, nice if you have to mount away from shoreline. Keep in mind this unit is designed for food no bigger than 1/4 inch.

I will sell them to PB subscribers for $60. Bruce they also have a poly barrel hopper ready to go, It is sold as directional deer feeder right now but only differnece is labels. It holds 150 lbs of fish food. I will sell to anyone here for $115. 6 volt battery seperate for $15.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
It appears Aquapro folks responded already.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
Thanks for the updated info Greg. I'll probably be buying one from you sometime in the spring/summer.... as long as plans don't change.

Thanks Again!

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
I'll let Shawn Banks sell it to you since your in his neck of the woods. Thanks and hope all goes as planned. Shawn you owe me, \:\)

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
My biggest question is how will it perform with feeds the size of Aquamax 500 and 400. I plan on feeding a lot of these smaller sizes in 2008 and don't really have a plan for what feeder I'll be using. I'm going to need about four of them, so I really don't want to be buying expensive units for these little ponds. Thanks everybody for helping work this out.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
By the way, I think this kind of thread is Pond Boss Forum at it's best. If I didn't have the forum, my only avenue would be to call the manufacturer, in which case I might be skeptical about their claims. When I've got someone like Greg Grimes who has a great reputation for integrity and who is willing to even test the unit himself, I can then enter into a business transaction with much more confidence.

I
Lunker
Lunker
I
I, as a Newbie, am very happy with this type of exchange, major Kudos to PondBoss. I cannot feed every evening, or even morning as I still have to travel to make the $$$$$$$ to feed the ichys.........keep it coming!!!

Newbie Farmer, creating a negative Carbon Farm
Native Blackland Farm (www.indianpaintbrush.com)
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bruce they are very clear it is not good for food larger than 1/4" what is size of aqumax 500? I do not sell it. thanks. I too am looking forward to trying out this feeder.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'd really like to be able to throw a 1/16 inch feed or a 3/32.

Do you think this new feeder could do this?

Here's the Purina link, which I believe says I need to buy a Grower 400, or a Grower 300 for my little bluegill next year.

http://aquamax.purinamills.com/aquamaxproductlist.pdf

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bruce I checked for ya. Shoudl work like a champ on the 400 3/32 on the 1/16 size there mght be more within the first 5 feet because it is so small but should not pose problem I'm told.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Would AQMX 600 pellets be too large?

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
George I guess not since larger than 1/4 inch, might get Bruce to try it out if he gets one of these

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Has anyone out their bought a fish feeder by a company called diamond feeders. The reason I ask is that they make one that holds 1000 lbs (I'm sure that is corn and not fish food). I am looking for one that is coon proof or close to it. I am past the fact that I am going to spend a wad of money, the coons eat 600-700 bucks worth of my silver cup and I am tired of feeding them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cody

csmith #109950 03/02/08 06:17 AM
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Cody, have you tried hanging the feeders? I talked to a guy that was chapped about feeding hogs. He hung his feeders and tells me that it also whipped coons and squirrels.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 03/02/08 06:18 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
I am trying to pick a feeder also. I have some deer feeders and the raccoons do get it them all the time. I have been looking at a Moultrie feeder that has a door than opens and closes. It looks raccoon proof.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for a good fish feeder?

Moultrie Feeder

12 acre lake in NE Oklahoma
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Has anyone looked at the directional fish feeders at http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/fishfeeders.html? They have 2 feeders that are under $100 that I haven't heard much about:

A) Moultrie® 6 Gallon Directional Fish Feeder Model MFH-PS1
B) AquaPro® Digital Directional Fish Feeder Model - Capacity 25 lbs

These feeders look like they come with a hopper and are similar in price to the Remington 6V feeder that requires a little more work.

Bender #112691 03/24/08 04:35 PM
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Bruce ordered the feeder in question at the beginning of this thread. Bruce I look forward to your comments when you can try them out.

If any are interested ok 12, others email me we sell Sweeney, Texas Hunter and Aquapro. I give PB members a 5% discount and can over the difference in the feeders and price. Just so folks are clear aquapro is the same as remington and trophy hunter that is just the fish side.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
I'm also anxiously awaiting feedback on the original feeder we were talking about in this thread. I'm ready to buy. I'm just waiting to hear how they're working out for the guinea pigs first. hehe

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Just putting them together tonight. Looks like they'll be easy to construct.

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
Bruce,

I have access to basically an unlimited supply of 55 gallon plastic barrels. Do you think one of them would mount okay on one of these units?

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I don't see a problem with the plastic barrels. I've used them for corn feeders with no problems. However, I think I would buy a deer feeder funnel.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
weissguy for $115 PB price it is good $ deal with the barrel. However it would save on shipping as well I guess? Bruce how do you think the lower unti woudl miunt to jsut any barrell?

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm about to go out to the farm tomorrow morning and set the feeders up with my nephew. I like him to participate in the installation, because he also has to participate in the maintenance. I will definitley report back. Should I try to get some pics of the procedure?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...and Weissguy you should come up to the farm sometime and see my operation. Wouldn't be too bad of a drive for you. You could look at the feeders first hand.

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Ooooooh, an invite to the Conderosa! Say hello to M.J. and Hop Sing for me, Weissguy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
...and Weissguy you should come up to the farm sometime and see my operation. Wouldn't be too bad of a drive for you. You could look at the feeders first hand.

I'd love to visit sometime and see the place! Thanks for the invite. I'm honored. \:\) Better keep a close eye on those big gills though. <insert evil laugh here>

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Bruce:

Any further feedback you can provide on these feeders would be appreciated. I want to buy one (maybe 2) but wanted to know how they worked out for you, first.

In a lifetime, the average driver will honk 15,250 times. My wife figures I'm due to die any day now...

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Put the check in the mail Monday for one of these feeders, along with 2 batteries.

Too cold to fish, so I guess I got a bit of time to put it together. Vacation next week, so I'll get it done. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Ooops...guess I should have ordered the 6V charger. Oh well, I guess I can get a cheap one locally.

In a lifetime, the average driver will honk 15,250 times. My wife figures I'm due to die any day now...

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Matt I will ship you a charger for free.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
live and learn I guess. Matt thought I would be a nice guy and ship you the charger since I have several. My employee Matt just handed me the receipt it was $15 for a little tiny box. There was a $5 rural surchagre and a $1 gas fee, then $9 to ship a little box that weighed less 1/2 lb. I will start going to local post office instead of UPS fro small items. Sorry for the rant, but thought folks might want to realize cost for shipping these days if nto aware. What is strange at the sametime got a 25 lb bag of fertilizer to SC for only $3 more, go figure.

Anyway wanted to let you know the feeder should have shipped to you yesterday and the charger is in the mail as well.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Got the thing installed this past Friday...wind hasn't quit blowing since until just this morning. Setup was simple, although I bought new screws to attach the feeder to the bucket...just COULD NOT get the 4th one started, a bit short. No biggie.

During test procedure, my dog, my daughter's dog, the wife and I all found out the I should put a bag over the outlet...before pressing that button.

It's been running since (feeding early AM and 7:30 PM) so we'll see how it goes. Just a 10 sec run for now, til they get back into the routine of feeding. Only hand fed a few times last summer, but prior to that, nearly every night. Fun..

Thanks Greg...our industry feeds to LTL and truckload carrier industry...I KNOW what shipping costs are doing.

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
keep us updated on how it is working. My 2 yr old knows how to use mine, he hits the test button then yesterday he bumped the side of the hpopper. Kinda sad the little guy already knows it stays clogged. I'm finally after months almsot out of this feed and will see if I can enlarge the hole, etc. so it does not clog. Once it is in the lower unit it does well.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Greg:

Great little unit and a steal for the price. I LOVE to watch the fish feed, and constantly hit the test button. I must not be feeding to much, as they still eat it all. Course, I only have it set for like 5 seconds, 4 times a day, but after 2.5 weeks, the battery still indicates fully charged.

I've got a couple 30 gallon barrels, so the next one may get mounted on one of those. On the bucket, I ditched the original lid, and removed one from a hydraulic oil bucket, washed it and am using it. With a funnel, I can now just screw off the cap and fill it easily.

I'm ecstatic...now I just need to find a feed vendor closer to home. The elevator I've been using is about 20 miles away...and seems to be having financial difficulties, if the rumors can be believed. I only buy a bag at a time, as the coons living in the barn have even figured out how to get the lid off the barrel I was storing it in.

Thanks...

UPDATE
7/14 - I've set the thing up to feed now twice in the morning and twice in the eveing, plus I tend to tap the "TEST" button whenever I'm down there just watch the fish fee. Only set to run for about 5 secs at a go. I want the fish hungry when I fish for them...it's only "supplemental" feeding anyway, right? Feeding may 1 pound per day.

It's been hanging there for about a month or so now, and the battery just now reads one bar from fully charged. Probably pull her for charging one evening this week.

For the money, I can't have found a better unit. I'll definitely order another for the north pond.

Last edited by Matt Clark; 07/14/08 10:50 AM. Reason: Update

J
Fingerling
Fingerling
J
I have this remington feeder set up on one of our ponds excellent feeder and a real nice price at academy

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Well, I got bit by the same quality control problem with the controller. I asked my wife, who was here at the pond for Gustov, to take the feeder down. I figured it should have been more than 1/2 empty. Having left Houston after Ike, I just set it for re-deployment. New schedule, do a test with a bucket in front so I can count the pellets and divide by 600 X 62%, to make sure that all feeding fish get at least 2 pellets. Count down, everything looks good on the panel; nothing happening, no noise from the gear, no motor running. Same problem all have stated, the motor control circuit is DOA. My fish have not been fed since probably early August, as the feeder still has 4 of the 5 gallons left in it. I'm sure I have lost at least 3 inches of growth due to this(if they were CSBG in the docs pond). I surmise that this quality issue was known before hand, thus the cheap price. Ashamed.. the feeder part is a nice conncept for feeding newly stocked fish in small ponds.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Just to be clear, which model feeder is this????

JoeG #132728 09/17/08 11:05 AM
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
It is the Remington with the clear plastic mechanism. Inside it, you can see an impeller to feed the pellets to the shoot where there is a vertically oriented spinner, which throws the feed.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
At the Convention I asked Bill Wingo of Magnolia Fisheries about one of those. He had it in the box. He told me I could have it. He said to let him know how it worked out. It stopped up on the first try. I tossed into my tool trailer and it's still there.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
This feeder seems to be the same as the AquaPro ADF-25, and is also marketed under the Wildgame brand as well. Just to be sure is this the unit that everybody has had the controller problems with??

Does anybody have one they have had trouble with that they would part with cheap so I could experiment on it?? I am going to build a feeder custom to my needs. I really am intersted in the feed throwing mechanism with the motors intact, I plan to build my own controller.

JoeG #132956 09/21/08 03:35 PM
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
This unit is nothing like the old 25D. Also the timer issue is not as bad (although mine went out)on this unit than the 75d and 200d that is were they had the problem. I'm told they resolved the timer issues, hope so. It is a godo unti for the price. It is also unique in desing, none like it on the market. Not a good hoice if feeding heavy amounts, but good for price. I no longer sell them but good for the price. Mine has been working flawlessly after the timer was replaced.

Also jmscalf just curious why academy? I do not sell these anymore but trying to learn why not buy from someone who advertises to support PB? They should offer prices as good as academy, I know my prices were better. Spur of the moment choice, etc.? thanks for feedback.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
My 25D is been working fine for 7 years - no problems.

ewest #132980 09/21/08 10:50 PM
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Greg, there is an Academy every few blocks in most Texas cities of any size, that is probably why they are purchased there. There are at least 5 either near my neighborhood or around where I work.

Last edited by burgermeister; 09/21/08 10:52 PM. Reason: i before e except after c and words sounding like a.

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
And they beat Bass Pro's and Cabela's prices.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
For me, sometimes it is nice to buy an item the old fashioned way, ya know, hand over the cash and carry the item out the door, use it the same day. Like folks did before ebay or amazon got rich.

JoeG #133298 09/24/08 05:14 PM
J
Fingerling
Fingerling
J
Why academy? Because I was never interested in feeding fish until I saw this one at academy. I bought it and stumbled on this sight So far so good

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
I'm trying to learn here, not really concerned if cabelas or bass pro or Wal-Mart or academy. More of why if on a site like PB would someone not want to search advertisers from PB? vs. buying at a store. I understand the convenience of it being there, thanks for letting me know. I know when doing my "shopping" I now like to find the source on the internet compare price and who they are then way my options. If buying a cheap feeder then makes more sense just to buy it. If TX Hunter, etc at $700 I would try to save a few bucks or know I bought from a source that will go to bad if I had an issue. George your right academy might be less $ but even less $ from someone here possibly. If so PB member saves money and support s someone who comes on here and gives away free advice. Again no complaining just asking the question. I think Bob would appreciate it also. Thanks again. Good to be back in town after 4 day shocking trip.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Greg, you know who I bought my $700 feeder from...! \:\)
If I need a new $17 buck battery for my old Stren ADF 75 feeder - that I also bought form him - I'm sure not going to bother - I go to Academy...

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Greg,
It appears that jmscalf is new to the site and mentioned that he bought the feeder before stumbling upon Pondboss. But, I also think that alot of people are more comfortable buying something from a B&M, rather than over the internet. I, myself, am an internet shopper, but I can completely understand (given id theft and other things that can go wrong) why somebody would not want to.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Greg I hope I didn't come across snide or rude there, not my intent. I sold high pressure coolant delivery equipment for six years as an outside salesman, and lost my share of deals as well as won my share too. I know and fully understand how it is to sell against every manner of distribution there is. I wasn't for one second suggesting someone should not support this site or those who contribute and operate a business. I fully appreciate the advice from one and all on here. Some folks may not even know who sells what as members of this site.

JoeG #133866 09/28/08 05:56 PM
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Joe not rude at all thanks for posting. George agree with your thinking thanks. Chris, good point. I'm really just trying to get the heads of posters to see the way they think when buying pond products. nate has figured it out I haev not.

Joe I agree with your last sentence and wonder if there is a method to promote advetiser sales in another way without taking awya from the purpose of ask the boss.. The more folks sell via this site the more likely they are to continue supporting with advertiser dollars and this helps all of us. Thanks for everyone's input, Bob you reading this?

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
My feelings are very different from others I have read. I would pay a little more from a PB supporter than to buy on the open market. There just is not that much difference as I have found. If I want pond or fish information I know where I will go. What I am saying is I support the PB supporters as they need to stay in business otherwise if I want help it will not be available. No I am not selling asnything except wisdom gained in my many years. HAVE A NICE DAY.

deaner #136267 10/17/08 08:43 AM
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Good sentiment Deaner. I suspect that you are not alone in that department. I myself would much rather support a Pond Boss vendor as well. I'm not being critical of anyone else. I'm just saying that given a choice I'd rather order from a Pond Boss vendor.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Greg...

I think having a section of the site that says something like "Visit Pond Boss Supporters" that had links to web pages or even contact information would be a great idea. I usually try to do my shopping from the advertisers in the magazine, but I don't always have my magazine with me when I look for things online.

Water dries, rocks crumble, and trees die. The only thing that is eternal is the reputation we leave behind.
- Ancient Viking Proverb

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Hello,
My question is about the beginning of this post. I am going to start feeding this year in my newly renovated pond and my budget is small. I would be fine with buying just the directional throwing unit and working up my own hopper. Are you guys who have done this with this machine having good luck? Are these machines still available as just a throwing unit? Who sells them? Answers to any of these questions would be fantastic.

P.S. Still fairly new to the site and I love it.
Thanks,
Mark

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Mark, I was given one of those feeders to try out. It stopped up pretty bad and I consigned it to the barn.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Dave,Ive got 2 and had problems with Jamming also.I switched to fingerling food and they've been doing O K since.However,the CC like the bigger food better,so I handfeed as well.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

TOM G #152196 03/05/09 09:37 AM
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Thanks for the input guys! I will keep mulling it over. I only get down to my pond every couple of weeks so I need an automated feeder that can hold a good bit of food but some of the bigger and better machines I've read about on this sight (Sweeney and Texas Hunter) just might be a bit out of my budget.
Thanks again.
Mark

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A

T
Fingerling
Fingerling
T
Test

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I give you a B-.

Where ya been for the last two years Tony?

How's your pond? Did you finish it?

What fish are in it?

Join in we don't bite (well Yolk bites but that is an entirely different subject).

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
They are OK to start off with. They are supposed to have worked out the bugs in the timer. They gave me a new one. I throws 3/16 inch well. I just got some 1/4 inch and am stringing a cable across part of the pond and will hang an omni directional that goes off at sunrise and 1 hr. prior to sunset.
The Remington cheap feeder is good for feeding bluegill several times a day, but you will need the solar panel as it uses up battery pretty quickly. I hung mine under a 5 gllon igloo cooler so the inside wouldnt sweat and mold the feed in the summer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves