Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,993
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,538
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
2 members (Boondoggle, Deancutler), 1,119 guests, and 205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Fingerling
Fingerling
J
I have this remington feeder set up on one of our ponds excellent feeder and a real nice price at academy

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Well, I got bit by the same quality control problem with the controller. I asked my wife, who was here at the pond for Gustov, to take the feeder down. I figured it should have been more than 1/2 empty. Having left Houston after Ike, I just set it for re-deployment. New schedule, do a test with a bucket in front so I can count the pellets and divide by 600 X 62%, to make sure that all feeding fish get at least 2 pellets. Count down, everything looks good on the panel; nothing happening, no noise from the gear, no motor running. Same problem all have stated, the motor control circuit is DOA. My fish have not been fed since probably early August, as the feeder still has 4 of the 5 gallons left in it. I'm sure I have lost at least 3 inches of growth due to this(if they were CSBG in the docs pond). I surmise that this quality issue was known before hand, thus the cheap price. Ashamed.. the feeder part is a nice conncept for feeding newly stocked fish in small ponds.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Just to be clear, which model feeder is this????

JoeG #132728 09/17/08 11:05 AM
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
It is the Remington with the clear plastic mechanism. Inside it, you can see an impeller to feed the pellets to the shoot where there is a vertically oriented spinner, which throws the feed.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
At the Convention I asked Bill Wingo of Magnolia Fisheries about one of those. He had it in the box. He told me I could have it. He said to let him know how it worked out. It stopped up on the first try. I tossed into my tool trailer and it's still there.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
This feeder seems to be the same as the AquaPro ADF-25, and is also marketed under the Wildgame brand as well. Just to be sure is this the unit that everybody has had the controller problems with??

Does anybody have one they have had trouble with that they would part with cheap so I could experiment on it?? I am going to build a feeder custom to my needs. I really am intersted in the feed throwing mechanism with the motors intact, I plan to build my own controller.

JoeG #132956 09/21/08 03:35 PM
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
This unit is nothing like the old 25D. Also the timer issue is not as bad (although mine went out)on this unit than the 75d and 200d that is were they had the problem. I'm told they resolved the timer issues, hope so. It is a godo unti for the price. It is also unique in desing, none like it on the market. Not a good hoice if feeding heavy amounts, but good for price. I no longer sell them but good for the price. Mine has been working flawlessly after the timer was replaced.

Also jmscalf just curious why academy? I do not sell these anymore but trying to learn why not buy from someone who advertises to support PB? They should offer prices as good as academy, I know my prices were better. Spur of the moment choice, etc.? thanks for feedback.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
My 25D is been working fine for 7 years - no problems.

ewest #132980 09/21/08 10:50 PM
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Greg, there is an Academy every few blocks in most Texas cities of any size, that is probably why they are purchased there. There are at least 5 either near my neighborhood or around where I work.

Last edited by burgermeister; 09/21/08 10:52 PM. Reason: i before e except after c and words sounding like a.

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
And they beat Bass Pro's and Cabela's prices.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
For me, sometimes it is nice to buy an item the old fashioned way, ya know, hand over the cash and carry the item out the door, use it the same day. Like folks did before ebay or amazon got rich.

JoeG #133298 09/24/08 05:14 PM
J
Fingerling
Fingerling
J
Why academy? Because I was never interested in feeding fish until I saw this one at academy. I bought it and stumbled on this sight So far so good

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
I'm trying to learn here, not really concerned if cabelas or bass pro or Wal-Mart or academy. More of why if on a site like PB would someone not want to search advertisers from PB? vs. buying at a store. I understand the convenience of it being there, thanks for letting me know. I know when doing my "shopping" I now like to find the source on the internet compare price and who they are then way my options. If buying a cheap feeder then makes more sense just to buy it. If TX Hunter, etc at $700 I would try to save a few bucks or know I bought from a source that will go to bad if I had an issue. George your right academy might be less $ but even less $ from someone here possibly. If so PB member saves money and support s someone who comes on here and gives away free advice. Again no complaining just asking the question. I think Bob would appreciate it also. Thanks again. Good to be back in town after 4 day shocking trip.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Greg, you know who I bought my $700 feeder from...! \:\)
If I need a new $17 buck battery for my old Stren ADF 75 feeder - that I also bought form him - I'm sure not going to bother - I go to Academy...

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Greg,
It appears that jmscalf is new to the site and mentioned that he bought the feeder before stumbling upon Pondboss. But, I also think that alot of people are more comfortable buying something from a B&M, rather than over the internet. I, myself, am an internet shopper, but I can completely understand (given id theft and other things that can go wrong) why somebody would not want to.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Greg I hope I didn't come across snide or rude there, not my intent. I sold high pressure coolant delivery equipment for six years as an outside salesman, and lost my share of deals as well as won my share too. I know and fully understand how it is to sell against every manner of distribution there is. I wasn't for one second suggesting someone should not support this site or those who contribute and operate a business. I fully appreciate the advice from one and all on here. Some folks may not even know who sells what as members of this site.

JoeG #133866 09/28/08 05:56 PM
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Joe not rude at all thanks for posting. George agree with your thinking thanks. Chris, good point. I'm really just trying to get the heads of posters to see the way they think when buying pond products. nate has figured it out I haev not.

Joe I agree with your last sentence and wonder if there is a method to promote advetiser sales in another way without taking awya from the purpose of ask the boss.. The more folks sell via this site the more likely they are to continue supporting with advertiser dollars and this helps all of us. Thanks for everyone's input, Bob you reading this?

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
My feelings are very different from others I have read. I would pay a little more from a PB supporter than to buy on the open market. There just is not that much difference as I have found. If I want pond or fish information I know where I will go. What I am saying is I support the PB supporters as they need to stay in business otherwise if I want help it will not be available. No I am not selling asnything except wisdom gained in my many years. HAVE A NICE DAY.

deaner #136267 10/17/08 08:43 AM
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Good sentiment Deaner. I suspect that you are not alone in that department. I myself would much rather support a Pond Boss vendor as well. I'm not being critical of anyone else. I'm just saying that given a choice I'd rather order from a Pond Boss vendor.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Greg...

I think having a section of the site that says something like "Visit Pond Boss Supporters" that had links to web pages or even contact information would be a great idea. I usually try to do my shopping from the advertisers in the magazine, but I don't always have my magazine with me when I look for things online.

Water dries, rocks crumble, and trees die. The only thing that is eternal is the reputation we leave behind.
- Ancient Viking Proverb

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Hello,
My question is about the beginning of this post. I am going to start feeding this year in my newly renovated pond and my budget is small. I would be fine with buying just the directional throwing unit and working up my own hopper. Are you guys who have done this with this machine having good luck? Are these machines still available as just a throwing unit? Who sells them? Answers to any of these questions would be fantastic.

P.S. Still fairly new to the site and I love it.
Thanks,
Mark

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Mark, I was given one of those feeders to try out. It stopped up pretty bad and I consigned it to the barn.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Dave,Ive got 2 and had problems with Jamming also.I switched to fingerling food and they've been doing O K since.However,the CC like the bigger food better,so I handfeed as well.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

TOM G #152196 03/05/09 09:37 AM
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Thanks for the input guys! I will keep mulling it over. I only get down to my pond every couple of weeks so I need an automated feeder that can hold a good bit of food but some of the bigger and better machines I've read about on this sight (Sweeney and Texas Hunter) just might be a bit out of my budget.
Thanks again.
Mark

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures