Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rainman, Bobbss), 458 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Here is the most recent link and version from Feb 2023 for posting photos on the forum. The last one to put the photo in your post was added Feb 01 2023. https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=555303#Post555303

Here is some older or past instructions for posting pictures by RStringer - Here's the best way I have been told about. Screen shot ur picture. Under the post click (switch to full reply screen) the click chose file ( got find it in ur phone under images the add file the done adding files. Then just submit. Took me a couple mistakes but just play with it if I can do it believe me you can.

Photobucket changed their Photo-hosting rules and it disrupted and prevented viewing of a lot of pictures on this forum. Below are instructions of the most current good method for inserting pictures in your PBoss Forum post.

Here is a link to the newest idea for easily posting photos on this PB Forum. also see below for more uptodate ideas.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=474688#Post474688

Here from Canyoncreek is the instructions (01-12-17) of how to post your pictures on the PBoss Forum. Thanks for his help.
here is a more thorough write up on posting pictures but I'd love to help you learn the ropes.

1. Under the post box is a button that that says 'switch to full reply screen' You want to post in there when you know that you intend to embed pictures in the post or to attach them as files.

2. Under full reply screen start typing as you normally would and when you are ready to insert a picture there is a little icon above the composing box that if you click will allow to add a media item like a youtube or you can add a picture and embed it in the composing box.

3. if you choose to embed a picture it asks you for a link. The link has to come from a picture hosting site that keeps the link alive for that picture. Most people use a free account through photobucket to 'host' their pictures. But some post via a facebook account though those links tend to change or get blocked by internet filters and then you get a broken link on the forum. THere are probably a few other free imaging hosting services online too.

4. You upload pictures to your free hosting account. On PHotobucket there is a little shortcut link to the right of the pictures that allows you to click on 'direct link' which automatically copies that link to your clipboard. You browse your photo library and grab the 'link' THen you go to the Pondboss page, click the photo icon, paste the address into that box and it will embed the link into your post.

Each time you have to embed the pictures through that process. I always hit 'preview' button to see if the pictures are loading properly.

5. The other way would be to use the 'attach file' option but it takes storage space for the forum and also requires every user to reload the picture over and over when they go to read the post.
Hope that helps.

Newest Description of the Method as of March 25 2917
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467625#Post467625

Here are a few threads that explain how to post photos - chief differences are in where you host them on-line. Gleaned from a post by Theo Gallus. See Theo's post below for information about resizing of photos for proper size to fit the forum format.

Geocities Method
http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000125#000000

Cecil's Weasel Feeding Pic Method - (Uses Photobucket)
http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002453#000003

Photobucket Method
http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001628

PictureStage Method
http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000148#000000

Help on June 6 2016
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=449126#Post449126

Cecil on Feb 26, 2007 says: Hey did you guys know you don't even need to use the image button? As long as you have the img link, if you just copy and paste it from photobucket it works just fine!

NOTE: If you remove posted picture from a the server (uploader) at any time, the picture will be unavailable on Pond Boss Forum readers. If the picture is moved to another album in photobucket, the link is broken in the post too. you have to go back and re-enter that picture in the post if it's moved in Photobucket. That's the downside to using it.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/01/23 09:08 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
1 member likes this: Broadwell Hill
Lunker
Lunker
Photos which are wider than about 800 pixels cannot be displayed by the forum in one screen width and make the threads they are in awkward to view. I believe the actual width limiting number varies from computer/monitor combo to computer/monitor combo (I can see 840); 720 might be a safer number to use as an upper limit.

Some different ways to resize your photos:

1)
 Quote:
Originally posted by george:
Theo and Bill, a point I would make if not already made, is to re-size large file pictures that "fit" the PB page, so as not to have to scroll endlessly to read script and to see all of picture.

A handy free picture re-sizer download program is
http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

I use "My Pictures" to re-size by using "E-mail this file" option - "show more options" - select "small" 640x480 window.
If I want to fill the page I will use "medium" 800x600 window.

These size pictures will not "over-run" the page.

I often skip large files becase of endless scrolling.

Just my thoughts FWII.....
\:\)
2)
 Quote:
Originally posted by PondsForFun:
You can also resize photos in photobucket. Just hit the edit button above the photo.
3) Personally, I use "The GIMP" (GNU Image Manipulation Program) available from www.GIMP.org to resize and otherwise manipulate images and to convert from format to format.

Whatever method you utilize to limit the width of photos, the practice will make reading forum posts easier, cut download times, and should save you file space on your on-line photo storage.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Lunker
Lunker
More photo posting advice:

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Lunker
Lunker
Sunil explains:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:
I think that conceptually, those that have trouble posting pics may not understand that what you are really doing is posting a real-time autolink to where the digital file of the picture actually exists. It's a mild form of programming. If the site where your picture files are located (like Photobucket) ends up crashing, then none of the pictures will show up in your posts.

Under each picture in your Photobucket account (or whatever host you're using), there are three listings:
1) URL Link
2) HTML Tag
3) IMG Code.

IT IS EASIER TO HAVE BOTH THE POND BOSS SITE AND YOUR PHOTO HOSTING SITE BOTH OPEN WHEN DOING THIS.

Use the IMG Code. Just highlight the text in the IMG Code category, then right click and select "copy"

Then come to the REPLY area of Pond Boss (which you've already opened to make your reply to a thread, or create a new topic), and put the mouse cursor in that area and right click. Then select "paste."

The code has to read just like what I've copied below to work. EXCEPT-PLEASE NOTE: I put spaces after the [IMG] and before the [/IMG] so that the text would show instead of the picture.

[IMG] http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/RodNReel/HigbeeSMB2.jpg [/IMG]

To make this actually work as a photo, I need to remove all spaces after [IMG] and the rest of the text, and before [/IMG] and the text before it.

If you have any trouble posting pics, try and reply to this thread by cutting and pasting whole [IMG] line above into your reply. THEN, remove the spaces, and click on preview post. A magical picture should appear.

-S. M. Stirling
Lunker
Lunker
"I Subscribe" logo and Avatars

You may see the following logo in the signature blocks of many PBForum members:

As you can easily figure out, it's our way of bragging that we subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine (We need to get a Black & White version of this logo for Guvnor Davidson and Bill Cody, who have subscribed since PBMag was in B&W).

If you subscribe to PBMag and would like to add the "I Subscribe" logo to your signature block, simply insert the following text (without the # sign in the second character position!) into the signature window in your "My Profile" page which can be reached via the "My Stuff" dropdown menu near the top of the screen here.

[#img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/arvomaki/misc/I_subscribe.gif[/img]

NOTE: The "I Subscribe" logo was developed and is hosted by a forum member whose name escapes me at the moment. If anyone can let me know who it is, I will be more than happy to give them credit here!

Avatars (as we can have them here at the PBForum) are little pictures located in this same signature block. You can insert any photo or image file in this block in the same way photos are inserted into any post. For the convenience of Forum readers, please keep avatars fairly small (I like to stay under 100x100 pixels). For more discussions on avatars, see:
and
Where do I find the option for adding an avatar?

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/28/09 08:41 PM.

-S. M. Stirling
Lunker
Lunker

-S. M. Stirling
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
A suggestion from Esshup for posting pictures from Photobucket:
To post pics from photobucket:

Hover over the picture in your photobucket account. There will be a drop down box opening up. Where it says "Direct link", right click/copy that. It's easiest to have 2 windows open if you're using Microsoft IE. Once that's copied, click on the box that is to the right of the envelope in the "reply to message" screen. Follow those directions and you'll post the pictures. I always use the "insert a non-floating image" option.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 05/22/12 01:32 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
You may see the following logo in the signature blocks of many PBForum members:

... We need to get a Black & White version of this logo for Guvnor Davidson and Bill Cody, who have subscribed since PBMag was in B&W).

NOTE: The "I Subscribe" logo was developed and is hosted by a forum member whose name escapes me at the moment. If anyone can let me know who it is, I will be more than happy to give them credit here!

For The Guv and Cody, here we are in B&W.

Use this address:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/arvomaki/misc/I_subscribe-1.gif

Regards,
Arvo grin

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Picture posting Advice from CJ:
Go to photobucket.com and open up an account. Download photos to Photobucket. When the pictures of finished uploading, use the HTML link, cut and then paste it here. Easiest way I have found to put pictures in your post.

NOTE: If the picture is moved to another album in photobucket, the link is broken in the post too. you have to go back and re-enter that picture in the post if it's moved in Photobucket. That's the downside to using it.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/04/13 11:52 AM.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
To post a pic, I would have to carry a camera. I have one somewhere.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Hints of how to post a video on the Pond Boss Forum: See the 5th post by Omaha:
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=330982#Post330982

Last edited by Bill Cody; 04/17/13 10:19 PM.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Step by step instructions on how to embed a video into a post like this:

Using YouTube as an example...

1. When on the video you want to share from YouTube, highlight the address bar at the top of your browser.

2. Copy (Ctrl+C) this link.

3. Once in the thread you'd like to share your video, click Reply (need to be in Full Reply Screen, not Quick Reply).

4. Above the comment box there is a row of icons ranging from smilie emoticon options to font options. The fifth icon from from the left looks like a screen. Click this.

5. A drop down menu will display with the options like Google Video and YouTube Video. Click YouTube Video.

6. A small window will pop up asking you to paste the YouTube video link. Paste what you copied from YouTube earlier.

That's all there is to it. This is an easy way for everyone to watch your video without leaving the thread.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Here is a 2021 updated informative discussion with good examples about and how to di it post pictures on the PB Forum. Good thanks to members for the suggestions for this topic.
https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=534153#Post534153

Last edited by Bill Cody; 04/20/21 08:29 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??