Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BarkyDoos, beauphus, Lina, blueyss, KiwiGuy
18,517 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,992
Posts558,291
Members18,518
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,576
ewest 21,508
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
4 members (B storm, Jward87, BarkyDoos, cgoetz1), 958 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#91483 07/20/07 05:51 PM
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Last year was supposed to be another banner year but it wasn't. So far this year is pretty much zippo. Not saying we want any but why is the hurricane center so far off? What is their excuse? Anybody hear anything?

If this is not pond related feel free to delete, but tropical storms and hurricanes can fill a pond in a hurry so I would think it is.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Must be global warming(or is it global climate change?). That seems to the the excuse or reason for all unexplained climate abnormality. Too much rain, not enough, too hot, too cold, sun comes up in the morning; must be global climate change.

Mike

Mike
W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Please NO hurricanes! I think i have had all i can stomach with rita. I didnt have that much damage but it was blistering hot after rita and we had no ac for 2.5 weeks. You can believe that i now have a generator and i make sure its always in running condition.

You can pay more but you cant buy better.
W
Lunker
Lunker
W
We are like 15" over our normal rainfall and it hasnt been very hot this summer. Down here we should have reached close to 100 degrees but its just hovers around 90 degrees. I am sure the gulf water is cooler than normal so that will keep the storms from building if ones gets in the gulf.

You can pay more but you cant buy better.
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
where are they? the same place they've always been....waiting for the conditions to come together just right for formation, the conditions of which nobody can accurately forecast, yet we are barraged with condescending lectures on what global warming will do and what we need to do to "prevent" it over the next century....seems to me if we could prevent Global Warming, we could certainly control something as trivial as hurricane formation.

time to go stick my head in the sand.....or rather sit by the pond, sip a beer, watch the sun set, and feed the piscary.

GSF are people too!

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
When the so called experts can predict the weather on a weekly basis, I'll start to listen to them a little more. Right now they are just personalities on the news.

Same thing with global warming. None of them can defend there positions with science and have to rely on "best estimates" and "likely" to justify their position.

The worse time for Hurricanes was in the 1930's. What did global warming have to do with it then, and why has it been so much less since then? Same thing with record temps. Watch the evening news and pay attention to when the record tempatures were set. Most nights it will be in the 1930's.

How come things have gotten cooler and Hurricanes have been less severe since the 1930's? I can't seem to make the connection that the burning of fossil fuels has cut down on the number or huricanes or lowered global tempatures, but if the sun isn't repsonsible, then it must be man made global cooling!!!!

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
No hurricanes, but a nice tropical storm to break up and spread rain, real rain, across the Southeast would be welcomed.

Lunker
Lunker
I found them!!! The Hurricanes are in Raleigh, North Carolina... \:D ;\) \:D

... here is proof: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/

;\)

Mario Paris,
Fish & Wildlife Management Technician, CEO of Canadianponds.ca Products
Lunker
Lunker
That's probably the only kind of hurricane they get in Montreal, eh, Mario?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'm sure the local farmers would like to send me for a walk in my pond with cement shoes if they heard me say this, but I'm liking this dry weather.

We got so much precipitation last fall, winter, and spring, that my pond just dipped below the top of my standpipe last Monday. I finally got to bushhog behind my pond yesterday.

The water is beginning to drop, and I'm looking forward to being able to get some pond maintenance done that I've wanted to do for a couple of years. Lots of willows have started to grow out of the bank right at the normal water's edge. I've got a stand of cattails in one corner that I want to get out. Another few inches of water drop, and I'll be able to get in there with the backhoe and not make the pond too muddy.

By far, the majority of east coast / gulf coast hurricanes occur in August and September. Very few in June, a few in July, a few in October, and some rare one in November. So, I we still have plenty of time to enjoy some heavy rain.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
There trapped over my ponds here in TEXAS. I ain't ner seen nutin like it.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
RT, nice sig line. REK is the man. Love his "5 lb bass" song. \:D \:D

Just do it...
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
A good hurricane would help break up the current wether pattern and stalemate that we have seen holding rain over Texas and drought over most of the NorthEast. I welcome and beg for one to hit. We need to change up this long weather pattern and get some water away from some areas and into others!! \:\)

---------------------------------
1/10 - 1/4 acre pond plus 16 ft deep/ Plus 40 ft by 20 ft by 6 ft deep koi and fathead minnow pond next to it. Upstate NY

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Eric:
I welcome and beg for one to hit. We need to change up this long weather pattern and get some water away from some areas and into others!! \:\)
Texas is so wet that a hurricane may not even notice when it gets over land.

Cecil:

I guess "Lots of Hurricanes" fit in with the current global warming hysteria. Earth has been experiencing global warming for the past 10,000 years, and it's our fault. Mars has also been experiencing global warming, and I guess that's our fault too. \:D

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
silly bobad, dont you know the martian warming is from the rovers that george bush sent up there?

GSF are people too!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by dave in el dorado ca:
silly bobad, dont you know the martian warming is from the rovers that george bush sent up there?
Ak! I forgot about that. Maybe we ARE destroying the universe.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
BirdD@wg, BWillis, Mike Troyer
Recent Posts
Trees on dam
by cgoetz1 - 05/06/24 04:19 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Augie - 05/06/24 02:00 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by ewest - 05/06/24 01:17 PM
Help building a natural 285,000 clay lined pond
by esshup - 05/06/24 10:39 AM