Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,999
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,539
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
6 members (Sunil, FishinRod, Fishingadventure, Deancutler, JoshMI, Joe7328), 1,362 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Amen on the comments for everyone, but especially Bill Cody. He and Dr. Richard Anderson appear to be two birds of a feather! Dick said he had a ball visiting with Bill.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Bob and Mike on the go.

Willis , Cornwell , Mitchell and Slipke

Bruce and Jim Kientz w/Ray Scott's

Ed , Dave , Cecil and Todd at PB dinner.

George , Theo and Bruce at Moderators' booth.

Kathy and Dianne w/PB

More thoughts on PB people.

Dave -- Tentmaker -- the best offer I had -- room at his house , him as chauffeur and personal guide and a trip to the Farm/hatchery. Only a PB friend would make an unconditional offer like that.

Cecil -- The extraordinary effort in helping others get to Dallas and home is a testament to quality and strength of character. I am determined to catch a fish that qualifies for a posting on the pond trophy board.

Sue C -- Effervescent personality and smile who took time away from her booth to listen to my crazy idea. Thanks Sue !!

Norm -- A classic gentleman of the old school with a heart as big as the prairie and a history of caring and helping just a big. He has walked in the shoes of the Good Samaritan.

FMc B -- A sense of caring and place in a man who can bring rain with a dance and laughter with a smile.

Al & David (ah & da vatsa) -- Al principled , and a stand up guy (we should have visited more) but am I ever glad you brought David with you. Al should have a smile as big as Texas having a son like David. I don't think I have ever met a young man with as much potential and the character to match !!

Ted -- Took the time and effort to help and find me just the info and pics I needed for the slide show. A friend who has been available and helping me from prior to Atlanta.

Cary -- Went way beyond the call of duty to get there and help many with a smile and the personal touch of a professional .

RJones/FT -- Thanks for the pics of your ponds and for being there with your support even when you were under the weather.

Doc Runkle -- A passion for ponds as good as his care for his patients. If I need a surgeon I hope you are available.

Randy E -- Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement from Atlanta until now. A great supporter of PB for a long time.

Cody S. -- Quiet and strong support from a long way back . Thanks for your support from the first meeting at DFW to now.

James H & Larry H / Fishinglth -- the sprit of learning award for learning to make pellet flies and then making them. You guys may be the only ones who actually tied flies other than George.

Dr. Bob G. --- Thanks for sharing the pics of your oxbow lake and for the commitment to fix it the right way. A beautiful thought and sight.

Chris S -- Study hard and keep after those dreams of fisheries and hatcheries to come.

For all those I did not get to speak to I apologize . I had hopes of doing better and you guys have first call next time. As I knew it would , the time flew by like a comet and left me dazed and in awe of this family of friends along the journey.

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Great photos ewest.

I am waiting for the Pond Boss Movie ....er DVD.

Frank

Book Owner and Magazine Subscriber 3 acre pond central GA
E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Moved other pics to here.

[IMG]

Pellet Time video from Bruce's talk.

Silent Auction

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'd like to make a comment on one other Pond Boss attendee.

Eric West -- Probably the best combination of dignity and generosity I've seen in one person.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Amen, Bruce!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Agreed, Bruce

Knowing Eric, EWEST in the funny papers, is better than being dipped in chocolate.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Eric West -- Probably the best combination of dignity and generosity I've seen in one person.
Make that definitely; thanks for everything, Eric.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
I was trying to describe ewest to my wife and the only words I could use to convey my thoughts were...
"The Eternal Gentleman"! It's evident within SECONDS of a smile, handshake and a few words.(Yes, a true southern refined nobleman).
In all honesty though, I met many whom I can describe as the essence of integrity. WOW what a great weekend for my son and I.
(ewest...how's it feel to look in the mirror daily, smile knowing you WAY OVER-MARRIED)?

G
G
What can I say that hasn't been said...?
I've known Eric very well for a very long time now, and to meet him in person was the hi-lite of the convention - along with others too numerous to mention. \:\)

When he hid my fly tyin' stuff Saturday morning and he and Dave made me go home early, due to over fatigue, I can never, ever repay them for their kindness. \:D

I'll find out what I missed out when I get the DVD. It can't match the fun that Eric provided at the moderator's booth.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I would like to thank everyone at the convention for the very warm, caring, and friendly treatment that I received at the two day convention. For all others that read this and were not at the convention, you should make every effort possible to attend the next Pond Boss Convention. No where else will you will never meet such a great group of passionate and friendly people that are crazy about ponds and the stuff that lives in them.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I am the one who is lucky to have friends like you guys and the many here on this site. Al I will pass that on to my better half. \:D She is laughing.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Eric, your better half is so fine in every way. But to your credit, she also landed a keeper many, many years back. No mystery to me there...good people get together.

Of course, give credit where credit is due; she's rubbed off on you nicely!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Once again it's all been said, but I had a great time and and met boat loads of nice people. Again Bob Lusk thanks for inviting me down and including me in this elite group of outstanding people. And yes Eric is a true gentlemen. His wife is a sweetheart too. Dave Davidson and his wife were "good people" too. Sunil really impressed me with his negogiating skills with shuttle drivers! Norm Kopecky is a truely nice guy through and through. Bob Lusk is so down to earth and positive it's incredible. Bruce is so energetic and postive too! Everyone was great.

BTW, I roomed with Bill Cody and got to know him a little better. He was a treat to room with and not only extremely intelligent and knowledgable, but has a great sense of humor. I'm very fortunate to have him as a friend nearby and a goldmine of information. (Hey Bill that $50.00 I owe you is in the mail!) I think we also complemented each other as Bill is detail concious and a planner I am not. I just go with the flow. Right Bill? \:D (Dr. Perca)

BTW, Bass Pro Shops will be picking up as many big perch as possible in a few weeks thanks to someone referring me to Dan Hoy of Bass Pro Shops. I think it was Bob? So the meeting ended up providing a profitable business arrangement. Looks like I've added another facet to my niche market. Bascially the taxidermy market is one and the same market. Now when I get that low carb bass feed from Purina and Mark Griffin I can grow bigger and longer living bass!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I have to chime in here - wow, what an absolutely wonderful, successful and fun convention! I attend a lot of meetings, conventions and trade shows and nothing compares to the Pond Boss Convention! There were so many educated professionals and enthusiastic pond owners - it was a great success. I am still trying to catch up and get information out to the people I met. I can't wait until next year!!!

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Not to deflate everyones bubble but there was some discussion that the PB convention might be held every other year. It is still undecided as far as I am aware.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Back in about January, my wonderful wife bought the plane tickets and made the hotel reservations -- and told me I better register if we were going to attend the convention.

She was a little concerned y'all might be like some of my fishing buddies.

We were very pleasantly surprised.

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cody:
Not to deflate everyones bubble but there was some discussion that the PB convention might be held every other year. It is still undecided as far as I am aware.
As much planning and hard work goes into this kind of thing it would probably be a good idea for the organizers. And every two years comes quicker than you think.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
We have not gone more than a year with out some type of PB meeting since the meetings first started. If it will be 2 years before the next convention we need to have a meeting before then. It does take an enormous amount of work and $ , but we don't want to lose the energy and momentum of the convention and prior meetings. Many things to think about wrt this topic.

M
mtb Offline
Lunker
Lunker
M
i was skimming over some pages and was bruce in awell known rock band ?

mtb
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Once again it's all been said but - job well done by all !
GREAT SHOW!.....Great meeting most of ya'll !
Bob Lusk and all your staff and helpers deserve a STANDING OVATION !
Ray Scott should add stand up comic to his many talents ! What a HOOT , and thanks for his personal advice on structure in my pond .
Nice to meet you george face to face other than by E-Mail's.
Thanks Sue Cruz and Todd Overton for their quick responce on my airation system .

So will say again GREAT SHOW!
Looking forward to next time.

Lunker
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by mtb:
i was skimming over some pages and was bruce in awell known rock band ?
Yes, Bruce used to be the drummer/lead vocalist (center) in Night Ranger. ;\)

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
In the photo above, from left...

Ted Lea, Sherman Wyman, Bruce Condello, Eddie Van Halen, and Greg Grimes.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Theo, I tried a few music jokes during the conference, and people mainly looked at me like i was weird. Hmmm. Does that leave me open for any kind of shot? \:\)

Shaw Blades!

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Lunker
Lunker
ON A RELATED TOPIC: I met so many folks last week - but know I didn't meet everyone that attended; and will probably have a hard time (as usual) keeping the names and faces matched until the next conference.

With that in mind, what kind of interest would there be for adding/linking a photo-album page to the PB site that is strictly dedicated to members' mug-shot and screen name ("real name" optional)?

BTW - It was amazing how some of the folks differed OR matched (in person) the perceptional image that I had formed of them by simply reading their posts.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 05:13 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner