Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,005
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
4 members (anthropic, Snipe, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure), 965 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Gator thanks very much, I Hope everyone enjoy's.I must come clean my website is ok it's my home pc that is eat up with popup garbage and a 10 min task takes hours. I try to avoid it.

Brettski you have uncovered my Secret. I wasn't going to reveal it until it had been fully tested and patented.

You may recall another post when ask what my profession was I bragged, I mean replied, that I was an Aeronautical design engineer, Architect, home builder, rancher, pond designer, etc...etc... Did I leave any thing out? Oh ya my Doctorate in Astro Phyisics. Any how to answer your question My invention is a
DIPOLE OPTIMIZATIOM CURRENT KILOWATT.

“DOCK” for short. Do I have any investors out there that want to get on the ground floor?
Back to earth

The prime spillway riser,barrel,seep colar,vortec baffle,& trash rack are all aluminum. I was not aware that such a thing existed but apparently that is what the NRCS is using these days to replace the older coated steel units. It will supposely last 75 to 100+ years. I originally wanted to use ABS and concrete it in. would have been a little cheaper but not proven or recomended as a drop structure. I used the ABS in the silt catch pond which does not have near as much dirt on top of it and is just a straight run thru the dam. I will have to add some type of trash rack to it also.

FYI Bob (Mighty POND MASTER) I posted a while back and posed the question as to weather or not a vortec baffle will increase flow. You stated that you did not belief it was used for that purpose only to reduce vibration that might damage the structure. I did some research on drop structures after that when trying to determine the best design for this project. I found an article that stated that the baffle will increase the flow capacity. How much it did not specify. I plan to add one to my 12 inch drop structure in my Home pond to see if it helps. I will post results after the next big flood. Just so all know a 2 inch rain can be a flood on a 300 acre watershed if it falls fast enough. In fact it would easily fill up this new pond multipule times. We have lived at our current home for 11 years now. the house pad is only about 3 feet above spillway the closest we ever came to flooding was only a 2 1/2 inch rain that occured one afternoon the last time we had a draught like this one. The ground was totally dried out but it came so fast it all ran down the hill. We have had 5,6,7 inches many times but it has never filled like that day. Both our ponds were as low as this time and both filled in less than 20 minutes. Water got to within 6 inches of the slap.

I will post again after it fills up.

P.S. After I had my first pond dug before the house was built. I looked at a big dry hole for 6 months. I began to wander if the end of the world was near and the great draught had started and god was never going to let me see my very first pond ever fill up before the end of time. It filled the first 3 inch rain. Keep the faith it will rain again. HEA MEN!

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Captain your killing me please show it full please please!!!! your ust teashing me. evil evil

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Sorry captain I saw your post and thought you had doctered my photos's. Wierd your pond and mine are clones of each other. You been spying on me & my new invention the DOCK?

By the way I have already seen my pond at that level even when the dam center was not built. It caught 4 foot when we got the 6 inches a few weeks ago had to be pumped out to complete.

C
C
Well rockytopper, it's not full (far from it), but here's another pic. This was taken exactly 6 months after "with water" pic above. Yes, it's been a very dry year since we dug.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Captain my wife also believes I am compulsive about my pond but at least its honest work and keeps me and my kids out of trouble. I finished my pond about the same time as you. I only wish it had been finished a year and half ago when we had record rain. Do you always watch the weather forecast to see if its going to rain?

R
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
R
Captain our ponds are indead a clone now. I looked at your website and wow that's what that old dog kennel is good for so I copied your lead. I also used truck and tractor tires, and a 6 foot long concrete culvert pipe that was in the ditch at the pond site to begin with. I also built a fish palace using concrete blocks and pallets. I used Tee post to hold the tires upright. Because of past comments or concerns from Meadowlark and/or Brettski about the danger of someone diving in and hitting this in the future I concured and purchased some 5$ floating bueys from wall mart and marked all the structure area locations. I figured this would also help you know were to cast when the fish grow up and it is filled. Has anyone else done this. I have found from personal experience that you loose alot of cats because they get on your line and circle the suspendned rope and get hung up. I also used my kubota and scooped up all of the loose dirt that tends to go around the edges of the dozer blade and scooped it up into mounds and long points in different areas of the pond.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Snipe - 04/28/24 11:22 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...