Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BarkyDoos, beauphus, Lina, blueyss, KiwiGuy
18,517 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,992
Posts558,293
Members18,518
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,577
ewest 21,508
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
5 members (tim k, Rick O, esshup, DrewSh, Sunil), 1,000 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
The Setup
We have recently seen not only testimonial to the cognitive, piscatorial, and cyano-luminescent enhancing powers of Diet Mountain Dew (DMD), but have also vicious, unwarranted attacks on it (Yes, I'm talking about YOU, Sunil!). We know from Horizontal Aeration that Pondmeisters such as Bob Lusk, Bruce Condello, and myself run on DMD. Lusk depends on it while flying back and forth across the country, from Texas to upstate New York (and beyond), holding down at least three jobs – Editor, Writer, Fisheries Biologist. Bruce utilizes DMD to allow him to complete hour-long dental procedures in under ten minutes, giving him time to surf the World-Wide Web (including this forum) in between patients and to fish 5 ½ days a week. I "need" my DMD to let me suffer through aerospace management BS ideas intermingled with actual engineering all day, then farm all night. (I am considering switching to direct IV application, if only to allow my green glowing teeth to revert to normal.)

The Contest
Correctly match the three refrigerators pictured below with the correct Pondmeister owner listed above (not Sunil).
Fridge #1:

Fridge #2:

Fridge #3:

Delve into this mystery with all the detective skills your intellect can muster! Leave none of the 256 million differently colored pixels unturned in the search for possible clues. Consider the size and location of the refrigerators in question. Are they electric, gas, or wind-powered? See barbeque sauce available only in San Antonio? Ancient citrus fruits covered in a mold found only in the Pacific Northwest? Locally produced cheese not sold outside of Wisconsin? A photo of me you recognize from the Post Office? All these and many more clues could be waiting for you in the photos to solve this caffeinated conundrum.

The Prize
The first entrant to provide the correct answer (or the most correct answer) wins a cube of 24 12-oz cans of DMD provided by yours truly. Contest ends at midnight on Saturday, January 28, 2006.

Who Can Enter?
Anyone can enter. Anyone at all. Anyone, that is, except for employees of Pepsi-Cola, Pond Boss Magazine, Jaeger Wald Farm, and Dr. Frankenbruce & Igor's Discount Dental Practice. Note that this disqualifies Bob and Bruce (and myself). I must also ask these two gentlemen to desist from posting any tidbits of wisdom which could give away the answers to the contest.

What Do I Do to Enter?
Just post your answer right here. Feel free to include the speculations, deductive reasoning, and full color where-are-my-pants, I'm-late-for-math class dreams which led you to your brilliant conclusion. WAGs are welcome and, considering the reportedly unstable nature of myself and Bruce (and possibly Bob Lusk – have you ever actually read the Publisher's Block in Pond Boss Magazine?), will probably be required.

No Purchase Necessary to Win
Although if I could, I'd require you to subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine. You SHOULD subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine. SUBSCRIBE TO POND BOSS MAGAZINE!!!

The Catch
("What, Theo put in a catch?" "Yep, here comes the meadow muffin.") I'm not delivering the DMD to the winner's address. You can stop in at Jaeger Wald Farm (PM or Email for info) to pick it up, OR have it personally delivered to you at a Midwest Regional PB Gathering, as originally proposed by Sunil (yes, I'm talking about YOU, Sunil!) before the idea was absconded and expanded upon by our Southern PB brothers and sisters. Come on, Dew Addicts and OH-PA-MI-IN-KY Pondmeisters, here's an incentive to not let the beer drinkers in Texas and Georgia have all the fun!

P.S. Sunil: If you win, I'll also give you a cat to drink the DMD for you.

P.P.S. Make sure she gets enough Dew, or else she turns into one mean pussy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
This is a hoax. The cat is from New Yawk City. I saw it on TV when they were showcasing Al Sharptons house.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Top picture Theo: His refrigerator has a compartment for "fruits". That would be important to a Ohio Yankee - down South we just go out and pick 'em off the tree (they don't warrent a special compartment in our 'frig). Also, as the prize he mentions the prize of a "Cube" which he is obviously familar with. Plus, whatever is in that white bag is probably yesterday's or tomorrow's lunch.
Middle picture Dr. Bruce: The "frig is sitting on a young kids play table (only one with young kids). He begging for our help with his "in your face " display of DMD.
Bottom picture Bob: FedEx box of homemade goodies from a satisfied customer in NYC. That chilled roll of toilet paper must be a Texas thing.

Just do it...
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
rmedgar, that's the kind of deductive reasoning I was hoping to see here! If it happens to be correct, it's even better.

Cold toilet paper WOULD come in handy (oooh, free pun!) down in Texas, what with all the red-hot chili they eat 3 meals a day.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
The top picture is Condello - this can be evidenced by the spill of DMD that can be seen on the silver wear band on top of the fruits drawer; he was drunk on Jack and spilled a DMD in the fridge. Second, you can see the whole milk which is Condello's preferred drink between 7AM and 10AM due to his stomach ulcer(s) caused by DMD and Jack, mixed of course. No brown liquor before 10:30 AM now.

The middle picture is Lusk. He has the speed-grab set up as can be seen on the fridge door because he thinks he's a busy man. He has calculated that he saves 0.008 seconds each day via the speed-grab set-up (8 DMDs/day x 0.001 seconds saved each time). He is also in temp. living quarters hence the mini-fridge.

The bottom picure is Theo. He is desperately trying to switch to Diet A&W because he's scared
that the luminous nature of his teeth may be
permanent. Plus, he's too cheap to buy cans, hence the two-liter jugs.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Theo , Bob and Bruce top to bottom. just a WAG. \:D

BTW DD I saw that cat on TV at Jessie Jackson's house ;\)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
The top is Theo. It would take an Engineer to stuff that much crap in a refrigerator and still have room for some type of exotic Mineral water.

Middle is Bruce. His wife won't let him have junk like that in the house. It might change the kids stem cells or something. So, he bought a dorm style refrig to put in the area where he overwinters those wierd, glow in the dark, fish.

The bottom is Lusk. I see blue Gatorade or Powerade or something nasty tasting in the right side of the picture. Its only really needed in Texas, especially in the large size bottles. Also, I'm not sure they sell A & W Root Beer up North but they damn sure do down South. My son, my son, how often must I instruct you on your libations? If you keep on going like this I'll catch you drinking something that tells you to savor the bouquet. Repeat after me: Malt and hops, malt and hops, malt and hops.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
This is what happens when I spend the weekend in town. I'm getting worried about myself.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
DD :

I am with you that blue g-aid is nasty. \:\( Now A&W (not diet) is good in a frosty mug or almost frozen on a hot day. \:\)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Eric, almost frozen A & W is my favorite drink on a hot day before the sun goes down(somewhere).

Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Quit makin' fun of my cat

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
J
J
The top fridge is Bruce's (needs that much Dew to keep the whole family going)
The middle one is Bob's (Flying all over the world solving pond problems, he's the one who needs something in his fridge called "On The Go"
The bottom fridge is definately Theo's (the Fed Ex box contains his meds shipped in from Canada, obviously unopened)

BTW I saw that cat on MTV's Cribs

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
Z
Lunker
Lunker
Z
I would say #2 is Bruce's. Those can's are pretty straight and clean.
#3 I sould say is Bob's. Not much to eat in there, like the cat gets it all.
That leaves Theo with #1.

Make it look easy,
http://zhkent.com
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I saw that cat on "America's Most Wanted".

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
LOL \:D You can tell that the furry feline has stolen the show!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
My vote:

The first picture is Theo's. It is well known that above average IQ space rangers are cluttered. :p
The second picture belongs to Bruce. The cans are neat and organized (almost sterile in appearance), and he has to keep his supply at arms reach in order to map out strange aeration systems at a moments notice. \:D
The third belongs to Bob. Note the abundant water supply needed to help fill in drought stricken Texas ponds. \:\(

The cat is a full time resident of Bruce's office. Note the glazed over expression and head tilt. Both are clear signs of her hanging out at the gas tank/mask too often. \:D

Do fish actually kiss?

J
J
Didn't I see that cat in a Pirate movie?

PB subscriber,PB gift subscriber,Book owner
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Oh, my gosh! You guys are too funny! There is no doubt that the northern pond bosses are going stir crazy.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Jimmy:

That is classic !!! ROFLOL \:D \:D I need to learn how to copy, edit and post other peoples pics. \:D

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Deb:

My college roommate frequently called me a space cadet. I am happy to have graduated to space ranger status! \:\)

-S. M. Stirling
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy:
Didn't I see that cat in a Pirate movie?

Jimmy:

It is quite possible. She has made a fair number of movies, most of them Indian language "Bollywood" productions. Here is a still from her most recent movie:

There's a lot of makeup on, but you can tell it's her.

-S. M. Stirling
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Theo you may be exploiting the cat's talent for your supplemental income, but I still say it is Condello's cat. I hacked his office computer and found two more photos.

This was taken when the cat was in obvious nitrous oxide DT's:

And this one was taken right after the cat had taken a good "hit" from the mask:

Sorry Dave, but Theo's/Bruce's furry friend does not belong to Al Sharpton. I believe however that this one does. The resemblance to her owner is rather scary. \:D

Do fish actually kiss?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Here's the triploid and the diploid version side by side for those of you considering stocking strategies.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
......and here's one, right before it reverts back to a green sunfish.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
BirdD@wg, BWillis, Mike Troyer
Recent Posts
How much feed?
by tim k - 05/06/24 06:30 PM
Trees on dam
by esshup - 05/06/24 06:08 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Augie - 05/06/24 02:00 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?