Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,005
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
1 members (Willy Wonka), 803 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
deaner Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
I realize this doesn't have anything to do with ponds, however, many of you have mentioned your children or grandchildren. We are trying to get the word out that ALL children under the age of 18 that have orthopedic problems, cleft palettes, or severe scarring from burns may qualify for care at the Shriners Hospital for Children. This care is highly specialized, and totally free of charge to the patient and their family. If you know of a child that needs this kind of help, please let me know and I will see they get an application and treatment needed.

paul weatherholt
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Great organization. I'm not a Mason but buy and donate $100 for circus tickets every year. Their hospitals don't have an Accounts Receivable Department. You can't pay for the treatments.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
G
G
 Quote:
Originally posted by deaner:
I realize this doesn't have anything to do with ponds, however, many of you have mentioned your children or grandchildren. We are trying to get the word out that ALL children under the age of 18 that have orthopedic problems, cleft palettes, or severe scarring from burns may qualify for care at the Shriners Hospital for Children. This care is highly specialized, and totally free of charge to the patient and their family. If you know of a child that needs this kind of help, please let me know and I will see they get an application and treatment needed.
I assume the Scottish Rite Hospital of Dallas is the same as Shriner's hospital?

It is a tremendouss facility, and as mentioned, no charges to the patient or family for treating chldren with disabling medical problems.

Our Christmas donations, in the name of family members and friends, go the hospital.

D
deaner Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
I am picking qualified speakers to go out to the different organizations and talk on what we are working to accomplish . This is new to the Mississippi area and we really are working hard to make it sucessful. We have been in touch with one of the hospitals and working hard to get a child admitted for care in many areas of her body. They are short one doctor and it makes it difficult to get in those (children) that have the extreme need. It is not that they do not care but they need to replace this Doctor and add one more so they have the proper staff. It is always a joy to help the children that are in need. I have had two people speak the last two months but they came to me and we led, I am unable to get more as all information is confidential. The child we are working to get admitted is Mexican, this has no meaning except this is a child. We Shriners love children. I had someone come up to me two days ago and ask if I was responsible for the two children and parents that came to our meeting to speak? I admitted to introducing them to our people as recognition is not really needed in that area. The area I do want to push is help is available in the Shriners hospitals for all children that need this Particular care. I realize I am a poor typist but I am just as bad as a public speaker--so now you know. God bless the children and if we can educate the parents that help is available we will have accomplished a lot. thanks

paul weatherholt
G
G
Paul,

I will help pass the word along. Is the the Shreveport, LA locatiion that you are talking about?

Greg S. Maranto
"I'd Rather Be Fishing"
D
deaner Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Yes this is the correct hospital. We are trying hard to reach the children in this area and we are not opposed to children from other areas coming in for the screening evaluation. This is one area we are green in so we need to give it our best push as our desire is helping children. I am referring to getting the word out. We have already had a good article in about 10 newspapers and we are desiring to do it very quickly once more. If anyone has any ideas on how we can improve I am open to suggestions . We are not opposed to others using their technique to assist us in this endeavor.
We are continuing to get the child I discussed earlier into the hospital. We will know in about two days. This is a long chance as they are really covered up. No I do not know the child or the parents so this is not personal in that respect. Only trying to get help as soon as possible so the child will feel whole.

paul weatherholt

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
American Feeder H 125 Fish Feeder
by Willy Wonka - 04/29/24 05:23 AM
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Snipe - 04/28/24 11:22 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction