Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,086
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
13 members (dg84s, Shorthose, Sunil, Freg, IND1371, Augie, Fishingadventure, Groundhog7, Brandon Larson, Dave Davidson1, PRCS, Theo Gallus, BillyE), 798 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
I struggle with this every attempt I make. I have read the tutorial over and over. It seems the forum does not like apple products. I have to email pics from my iPhone to myself then drag the photo into the photo manager. It loads about 3/4 of the way and stops. Also some of the optional buttons I've been told to press do not appear to be on my mac version of your forum or however that works. If i try to load a photo from my phone it just says I can't load those file types. Again, if i simply email them then try they attempt to load and never complete. None of the files are too large. Thanks for any help again.

3 acre pond NE KS Pond Boss subscriber
H
H
John Kruid,
Set up an Imgur account. I just did it today and had the same issues as you before with my iPhone.
Heppy

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
John - Don't feel bad for having difficulty posting photographs. I have some of the same problems which is why I do not post pictures. I don't need those type of difficulty and problems. So I have given up trying.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
2 members like this: gehajake, John Kruid
J
OP Offline
J
I finally got 2 attached to a question. I wish I could get them where you didn't have to click to see them. I think the load problem was the internet speed this time, but man it's a pain. So many hoops to get them on here. Thanks for your responses.

Last edited by John Kruid; 03/29/21 07:06 PM.

iPhones store pics as ".heic files, not ".jpg, and that's why they won't load.

John, since you're a Mac guy, this is how I handle posting pics hosted on the PB forum server.

I'll select the pic I want to upload, and airdrop it to my Mac. Once there, I open it in Preview(which is the default option), make a "duplicate" of the pic so I can resize it to a width of 800 pixels. Then, I export the copy(option under File) which lets me change the extension to jpg. I also save it at max(lossless) quality. A maxed out ".jpg is way smaller than a ".heic, so there should never be a size issue.

Once that's done, I just add the pic under the "Attachment Manager". The link to the pic will not show up if you look at the preview, but will once it's posted. When you look at the finished post, the hyperlink to the file will show up at the bottom of the post. Click on that, and the pic will show up on a web page by itself. Copy the entire hyperlink shown in the web browser, then go back a page, and edit the post. Be sure and select "Use Full Editor". Then click on the "Insert Image Link", and paste the entire hyperlink you copied from the picture, and then hit "Ok". When you "Preview Reply", the pic should be there.

It may sound convoluted, but it's a breeze once you've done a few.

AL

J
OP Offline
J
Holy cow, sounds partially like what I do now accept I drag it from an email I send to myself. I've been told about the full editor before, but can't seem to find that function. It's a hair pulling experience. It would be nice if that could be changed so we don't have to jump through all these hoops.

C
C
We were told by the pondboss that the new version of the software would make the process of uploading photos easier. It was one of the main things folks requested when the invite for feedback went out. It is crazy clunky and difficult to do 5-6 steps just in order to have your picture show up in the body of the message. I don't know why the attachment manager can't upload and pop in the picture at the same time like most every other forum does.

I am on a Windows PC and struggle because the forum software even seems to reject .jpg and instead wants it to be a .jpeg?? I can't even get the forum to view properly on the chrome web browser on my android phone. The columns get all messed up.

Here is hoping we can someday we can have the picture conundrum fixed. Perhaps even some day have a mobile app so the 99% of us who take pictures on our cell phone can just upload right into a message right on the bank of the pond!

2 members like this: anthropic, RStringer
P
P
Amen to that!

J
OP Offline
J
Here.... here... It doesn't load correctly on my iPhone either. It is nuts all the steps involved to add a pic,lol.
I'd like to post more and see others do the same, but I see why there aren't very many.

H
H
John Kruid,
As I said before use Imgur. It’s actually quite painless. I use an iPhone as well.
Heppy

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted by John Kruid
Here.... here... It doesn't load correctly on my iPhone either. It is nuts all the steps involved to add a pic,lol.
I'd like to post more and see others do the same, but I see why there aren't very many.

I use imgur as well. The photo has to be hosted on an on-line site before a link to it can be put here to have the photo show up.

Let me see if I can get your photos to show.

There, they show now. grin

Last edited by esshup; 03/29/21 11:17 PM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
1 member likes this: John Kruid
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you guys, I'll give that a shot in the future.

M
M
https://www.flickr.com/ is super easy to use and works well with Apple via their app
Upload a photo, click share, paste the sharable URL to your post

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_7048 by ForgottenIowa, on Flickr

Mat Peirce
1.25 acre southeast Iowa pond
LMB, BG, YP, WE, HSB, RES, BCP
1 member likes this: John Kruid
R
R
I put them on here straight from my phone. Pretty sure shortcut taught me how and ewest help her them to pop up. Then you copy the link. Then add [img] insert link [/img] with no spaces. I hope I got those in order.
[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Attached Images
Screenshot_20210330-134319_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210330-134338_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210330-134351_Android System.jpg Screenshot_20210330-134405_My Files.jpg Screenshot_20210330-134418_My Files.jpg Screenshot_20210330-134443_My Files.jpg Screenshot_20210330-134505_Samsung Internet.jpg
Last edited by RStringer; 03/30/21 02:26 PM.

The people who say I can't do it can just sit the @^#% down and watch me. Friends call me Rusto I also subscribe to pond boss mag. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504716#Post504716
J
OP Offline
J
It won't take them straight from an iPhone. I will try the apps.

Last edited by John Kruid; 03/30/21 02:04 PM.

1 member likes this: gehajake
G
G
Originally Posted by Bill Cody
John - Don't feel bad for having difficulty posting photographs. I have some of the same problems which is why I do not post pictures. I don't need those type of difficulty and problems. So I have given up trying.

What Bill said, I can jump thru hoops and downsize it to get a photo to post but it seems to be a pita, so for the most part I dont take the time, and maybe that is the results they are looking for so as to not clutter the forum up with too many pictures.
It definitely wont load straight from an iphone and I think the reason for that, or at least what I have found, an iphone takes hi resolution pics that are way over 2 megabytes. unless you have a way of down sizing them, thru emailing them to yourself via a screenshot and then saving, dragging, or otherwise attach them to a post, they will be too big to post.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted by gehajake
Originally Posted by Bill Cody

What Bill said, I can jump thru hoops and downsize it to get a photo to post but it seems to be a pita, so for the most part I dont take the time, and maybe that is the results they are looking for so as to not clutter the forum up with too many pictures.
It definitely wont load straight from an iphone and I think the reason for that, or at least what I have found, an iphone takes hi resolution pics that are way over 2 megabytes. unless you have a way of down sizing them, thru emailing them to yourself via a screenshot and then saving, dragging, or otherwise attach them to a post, they will be too big to post.

Throw them on imgur. Then transfer the link to here.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
R
Make sure to make them as hidden on imgur. I put some on there before to repost on here. They were some of my kids (like 11 at the time) holding fish. I got some remarks on there that if I knew how to find them it would not have ended good for them.

The people who say I can't do it can just sit the @^#% down and watch me. Friends call me Rusto I also subscribe to pond boss mag. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504716#Post504716
Originally Posted by RStringer
Make sure to make them as hidden on imgur. I put some on there before to repost on here. They were some of my kids (like 11 at the time) holding fish. I got some remarks on there that if I knew how to find them it would not have ended good for them.

Yeah, a lot of YouTube channels that frequently have children on them often get their comments disabled because of that very reason. What a sick world we live in, where you can't even post pictures of your kids without a bunch of creeps making insinuating comments on them.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." - Donny Miller
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
My reply would be if they knew the words to the song "Hotel California".

www.hoosierpondpros.com

R
R
That is the main reason why this forum is as close to social media I get. Seems like alot of people weren't raised right. My thoughts are if you wouldn't say it front of your mom and 2 their face. Then it probably needs to be kept to yourself. But back to the pictures. If any has any problems getting their images up on here please walk us threw what you are doing. We all like seeing each other BOW'S.

G
G
Here is a pic of my pond the other morning when the lighting was sorta unique, I thought it was kind of a neat picture.
I am getting a little more proficient at posting pics maybe.
that picture came out pretty crumby tho, the original was way better.

Attached Images
GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
Last edited by gehajake; 04/01/21 11:00 AM.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.
R
R

1 member likes this: gehajake
R
R
I use postimage.org You don't even need an account just upload an image and it automatically generates the "direct link" that you past into the image function in your post. Ill show you. I'm doing this from my phone. Other image hosting sites usually use a very similar process

Resize image if needed here then click chose image
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Chose file

Select image

Coppy direct link

Click the picture icon

Paste and click OK

Last edited by Rebecca; 04/20/21 10:28 AM.

All advice should be regarded as being pulled out of my @$$ or as second @$$ knowledge. Reader responsible for confirming.
N
N
So, I am returning to PondBoss from a 3+ year absence and a few things have changed including posting pictures to the forum. Doing a little search it appears quite a few people have it figured out, but several people have gotten frustrated and even quit trying to post pictures at all. However, I feel like pictures are a huge part of helping each other since we can see what the pond owner sees. So, I spent about an hour fumbling through the process and I figured out a fairly easy way to post pictures to where they will show up directly in your post without the reader having to click on a link. You will have to create a FREE flickr account, but this literally took less than 5 minutes to do. I am sure you can use any of the popular image sharing websites, but for this tutorial I chose to use flickr.

Once you create your flickr account click on the Upload Photo Button seen in the screenshot below:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]flickr - Upload by North Texas Half Acre, on Flickr

Once you have your photo(s) uploaded you will then click on the Share Photo Button seen in the screenshot below:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]flickr - Share Button by North Texas Half Acre, on Flickr

When you click on the Share button a window will pop up with Share, Embed, Email and BBCode as choices. Click BBCode, which stands for Bulletin Board Code. You can change the size of the image that will display in your post and then Copy/Paste the jumble of characters directly into your forum message. Do NOT click the Insert Image Link button in the forum header.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]flickr - BBCode by North Texas Half Acre, on Flickr

If all goes well your images should show up directly in your messages. Flickr also has phone apps that should work exactly the same. Hopefully this helps some to be able to finally post pictures.

B.Cody Note --- Thanks for this helpful information about posting pictures. I added a link to this thread and this new post to the Common Q&A Archives section.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/01/23 09:19 PM.

NTHA - North Texas Half Acre
Cattle Ranch Ponds
3 members like this: Tedennis, Broadwell Hill, RAH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by Sunil - 03/28/24 03:32 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:50 PM
1 year after stocking question
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday