Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
12 members (Theschack, jpsdad, FishinRod, Boondoggle, Sunil, Funky, eaunatural, Theo Gallus, catscratch, emactxag, Bruno616, simon), 1,036 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#415057 06/11/15 10:19 AM
n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Well, we just got picked up for a second season of Lake Life and will start filming again July-December. The ratings have actually been really good and we've already moved up into the networks top shows list! Vanilla Ice and some hot chick who teamed up with Lebron James home remodel are still ahead of us....

Anyhow, our production company is currently casting for lake/pond front projects for upcoming episodes of the show. This would be your chance to pull of that hairbrained off the wall creatively enginuitive water front creation you have been dreaming about... there really are no guidelines or even certain types of projects that fit the mold... basically if you watch the first season, every episode is completely different... We are looking for off the wall and out of the ordinary (no offense, but most of you guys and what you do are just that)

I would love the opportunity to work with you guys, just simply pitch your ideas to casting.lakelife@gmail.com the more detail you have the better. send any applicable pics and also include any storylines about the inspiration for the project as well.

if you don't have DIY network, you can actually watch the episodes on Amazon.com under Lake Life to get a feel for the type of show it is. Its a design/build show but with more real family life mixed.

please share with your friends and clients as well. Im hoping to get to do some more episodes down south this fall/winter and knock out all the northern projects this summer...

thanks!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Congratulations on Season TWO!!!!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
That sure is fantastic.

You got a free ad at our church this past Sunday. Our pastor, who is crazier than most of us, mentioned Lake Life during the announcements. He was is currently on his way out to the family farm in South Dakota, just south of SDSU. He is even an SDSU agriculture alumni. He recently had a CAT 320 trackhoe delivered from here to there, and plans to play with it. The lady in the pew in front of us turned around and asked Lynda and me if we thought you guys would have scandals like on so many of the other reality shows.

We told her that it probably wouldn't happen. What you see is what you get regarding your family and friends.

The show is kind of like one of my crazy PTSD dreams where you guys appear.

We've really enjoyed the shows. They are all on our DVR. You now have a bunch of groupies in our part of Virginia and West Virginia, plus my relatives and many friends in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
W
W
I am guessing the lake owner pays for what ever is built right? I have always wondered how those shows work as far as that part goes.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
N
Lunker
Lunker
N
Nate, I've got a buddy interested here in south central NE. Oddly we were just discussing this situation a few days ago after watching your show and drinking beers. Not sure if you're willing to travel all the way out here, but if so maybe we could get Bruce and TJ's creativity involved in product design. I'll have him contact you ASAP.

Just a Pond Boss 'sponge'
n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: NEDOC
Nate, I've got a buddy interested here in south central NE. Oddly we were just discussing this situation a few days ago after watching your show and drinking beers. Not sure if you're willing to travel all the way out here, but if so maybe we could get Bruce and TJ's creativity involved in product design. I'll have him contact you ASAP.

Nebraska near you guys would totally rock! definitely have him contact casting.lakelife@gmail.com ASAP!

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: wbuffetjr
I am guessing the lake owner pays for what ever is built right? I have always wondered how those shows work as far as that part goes.

basically how it works is a potential client pitches an idea to us that they are thinking about doing. the production team tweaks and adds a few things to it to make it even better. the client doesn't typically pay for any of the extra stuff that production team adds. the client gets a tremendous value on the project overall!!

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
That sure is fantastic.

You got a free ad at our church this past Sunday. Our pastor, who is crazier than most of us, mentioned Lake Life during the announcements. He was is currently on his way out to the family farm in South Dakota, just south of SDSU. He is even an SDSU agriculture alumni. He recently had a CAT 320 trackhoe delivered from here to there, and plans to play with it. The lady in the pew in front of us turned around and asked Lynda and me if we thought you guys would have scandals like on so many of the other reality shows.

We told her that it probably wouldn't happen. What you see is what you get regarding your family and friends.

The show is kind of like one of my crazy PTSD dreams where you guys appear.

We've really enjoyed the shows. They are all on our DVR. You now have a bunch of groupies in our part of Virginia and West Virginia, plus my relatives and many friends in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Ken

Ken you ROCK!!! all that is too cool!!

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Congratulations on Season TWO!!!!

thank you sir! we actually just did a special episode for major league baseball network that is super cool and could air in just a couple months!!

R
RER Offline
R
Originally Posted By: n8ly

basically how it works is a potential client pitches an idea to us that they are thinking about doing. the production team tweaks and adds a few things to it to make it even better. the client doesn't typically pay for any of the extra stuff that production team adds. the client gets a tremendous value on the project overall!!

OK so one pays for thier idea and not any add ons by the show.

by value you mean .....they pay for materials but not the labor the show provides?

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Nice going Nate! Love the show, we watch it every week. More bluegill influence, please! grin

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
Nate - first off, congrats man, you deserve the success! Secondly, I would bet my farm on you or Justin in a cage match against Vanilla any day. Last - I want a swimming platform and zipline. Maybe you could do a few shoots out in NE?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Lunker
Lunker
Originally Posted By: NEDOC

Let me know amigo - I'm all over it if I can help in any manner.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lunker
Lunker
If you come visit me, I would volunteer to nail Justin's ball cap to his head with a nail gun in order to boost ratings. I owe that kid.

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: BobbyRice
Originally Posted By: n8ly

OK so one pays for thier idea and not any add ons by the show.

by value you mean .....they pay for materials but not the labor the show provides?

it all depends on the situation... the more the tv show wants the particular project and storyline the better; also how well does the project fit with the companies sponsoring the show and what kind of support they want to provide; and even things like how involved does the client want to be in the design process...for example if you have everything all picked out and know exactly what you want and how you want it, you wont get nearly as much value or support from tv production team cause you simply don't need it or want it... so there really isn't an exact answer, because each situation is so unique...

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Nice going Nate! Love the show, we watch it every week. More bluegill influence, please! grin

hopefully we can incorporate more fish stuff in general in season 2...

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Nate - I want a swimming platform and zipline. Maybe you could do a few shoots out in NE?

now start thinking about what you would want to see on tv if the zip line and swim platform where being built on an episode... create the story line and the kicker to why people would like to see this project.

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
If you come visit me, I would volunteer to nail Justin's ball cap to his head with a nail gun in order to boost ratings. I owe that kid.

now your talkin... try it on Bruce first though, but make sure to film it for us all to see and learn from.

R
RER Offline
R
my pond in the front needs to dug out a little gasebo of some sort ,

I could send pics and Ideas in and also the pond with all the tarpon and snapper in it needs something neat done to it. Other than those fish of coarse...:-)

is florida out of the range to even consider?

if not ill send in some stuff. ..........

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: BobbyRice
my pond in the front needs to dug out a little gasebo of some sort ,

I could send pics and Ideas in and also the pond with all the tarpon and snapper in it needs something neat done to it. Other than those fish of coarse...:-)

is florida out of the range to even consider?

if not ill send in some stuff. ..........

Florida isn't too far. Send in your pics and ideas!!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I guess making 'shine from pond water and wild-life pond-irrigated feed plot plantings, including moving the (lightened/distilled) products to other local areas, has already been pretty well covered by the Discovery Channel.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
C
C
Just wanted to let you know how much my family has enjoyed your show. I am excited to have a show that I can watch and not have to worry about what my little one will see. Most shows on these days try there best to show you down the ladies shirts. Please keep up the good work, and don't let them pressure you into compromising on your values. AWESOME SHOW!!!!!

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Does Herman Bros have any experience with building one-off, ultimate, maple syrup sugarhouses?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Nate, I've been watching. Congrats on being picked up for season 2. I can't believe you lost a bet, then lost the next bet too..... laugh

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
D
Spoiler ALERT for those of us who have it DVR'd since we were stuck offshore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy