Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,005
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
6 members (Snipe, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure, phinfan, catscratch, Sunil), 1,071 guests, and 213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Trying to clear out Photobucket and Dropbox because they were both full, I wanted to have a clear slate for the adventure with Fatih, fishing the USA next month.

Now just realized I deleted all the photos, creations, projects and progress that I've posted on PB over the past 3 years!

I feel like I just erased a secret formula on the chalk board that I've taken 3 years to create.

This is not a question or an observation, just a real BONEHEAD mistake on my part that I don't want ANYONE else to make!

cry cry cry cry

I'm sure the crying will stop soon and I can get back to business. All the photos are saved on my PC but I just can't imagine trying to replace them all!

DANG!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
That sucks LL, sorry to hear that. I've got to try and find a better photo hosting site. Photobucket is extremely aggravating these days.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I take it that the "undo" button is not working at this time.

Kinda wondered what was up?

Think I only have about 8% populated on photo bucket. I really do not like that site and wish they would quit sending me emails. Maybe I should just mark them as spam grin

M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
Oh wow...that totally sucks rocks. I deleted my avatar from photo bucket and still haven't got it replaced. Can't imagine 3 years worth

OP Offline
I have to at least get rid of the kitty cat for now frown

(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Even moving (read that as organizing) your folders on photobucket will break the links that you have here.

I agree, I wish there was a better way to post photos. But, I imagine that it would take more $$ on Pond Boss's part to host photos and the forum is still not paying for itself.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I tried changing a pic on another forum for a better one. Found out you can't edit posts after 5 minutes. I deleted it from photobucket and uploaded the new one, no pic in that one now.

Last edited by JKB; 05/21/15 07:07 AM.
C
C
Originally Posted By: esshup
Even moving (read that as organizing) your folders on photobucket will break the links that you have here.

I agree, I wish there was a better way to post photos. But, I imagine that it would take more $$ on Pond Boss's part to host photos and the forum is still not paying for itself.

I'm new here but have a followup question about making the forum 'pay for itself' It is apparently supported in part by ads on the forum. Are those ads not producing any income? Do you get paid more if someone clicks on those ads? I'm sure many of us are benefiting from seeing the ads (making us think about the product offered if it catches our eye in some way) but are not clicking on them. If clicking on ads that interest us will help the ad generate money for the forum I'm sure many of us can include that in our daily visits to the forum.

Lovinlivin, you may want to contact photobucket. I know when your yahoo addresses or emails get deleted by mistake they can restore them to what they were like 'yesterday' or some point in the past. I imagine the photobucket folks can do that as well.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 05/20/15 12:10 PM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek

Lovinlivin, you may want to contact photobucket. I know when your yahoo addresses or emails get deleted by mistake they can restore them to what they were like 'yesterday' or some point in the past. I imagine the photobucket folks can do that as well.

Thanks, cc but I remember that little box that opened saying "are you SURE you want to delete these photos?" and that they would be permanently deleted. But again, it is certainly worth a try!

One of those moments of brain lapse, which can happen frequently, causing me to ask myself (once again) "what the hell was I thinking?"

But hey, I sure have a lot of open space on Photobucket now! laugh

Sory about the mishap LL!

FWIW

Deleted Files and Albums – Photobucket Support
support.photobucket.com/.../200724034-Deleted-Files-and-Albums&#8206;CachedSimilar
Sadly, Photobucket does not have the ability to retain deleted media. Photos,
videos, and albums deleted by anyone, for any reason, cannot be recovered.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Double L, won't all that stuff be in your My Stuff option under your postings?

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
Nope, every picture is now a kitty cat mad

Well, thanks everyone for the sympathy and/or empathy and I wouldn't blame you if you're giggling inside (like I am so I don't throw things smile )!

I guess at this point if anyone wants any information on any of the following "Keith's projects" please let me know:

* Building a compressor cabinet
* Duckweed skimmer
* Prickly rope (for duckweed, leaves, debris, etc.)
* Fluridone's effect on DW, before and after
* Fish cages; trash can and rectangular
* Building a fish house (8'x12'), complete with porch roof, cleaning station, storage and electricity
* Customizing a golf cart smile

In the meantime, since I have to start somewhere:

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 05/20/15 03:06 PM. Reason: Responding to Bob-O

Bob,

LL's posts are still there they just no longer have pictures. What was lost was the actual photo files. Instead of uploading actual image files to their posts, a lot of folks just imbed a link. That link is invisible to the reader as the site automatically follows the link and then displays a temporary copy of the photo for the reader of the post to see. Other folks actually attach an image file to their posts and those are the ones you have to click on to see. Those images are part of the post and cannot be lost.

IMO the link method is great until something like happened to LL happens. There are no longer any pictures in any of his past posts because the links go nowhere. The forum is very vulnerable to say a merger between photobucket and one of the other image storage sites or any other thing that could happen to change the link designation. If that occurs, the actual image files will probably be safe but, if the links to them change, it will make all the posts, by those using the imbed the link method, unreadable.

Some of the old posts already have bad links. Kinda makes a post that asks "What kind of fish is this?" pretty uninformative when there is no picture of a fish, not to mention all the posts that may comment to that picture! smile

Last edited by Bill D.; 05/20/15 04:03 PM. Reason: Typo

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
LL, if you have those pictures on your computer, you could always use the windshield time and your Wi-Fi hotspot to upload the pics to photobucket and go thru all your old posts, editing them to include the new/old pics. wink grin

I imagine you can have them all edited by the end of July.

Hey! frown Us moderators have great powers you know. I can see you flipping me the bird. laugh

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
I had to expand my photobucket account. Primarily due to pond boss. Ha. It is pretty cheap >$3.00 a month. I don't think I can fill it now. (Famous last words..)
I have a buddy that did the same thing. He switched from phtobucket to another website, and all his photos on another forum (adventure motorcycling) disappeared.
I doubt they could be restored by just putting them back in. It would be a ton of editing, I would think. So far, I'm ok with photo bucket..

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023
OP Offline
The mistake I made which filled them up was when I synced all photos and videos to Photobucket and Dropbox, otherwise I had plenty of space left. It synced all photos on my phone and PC.

BUT! I see now on Photobucket that it says my "storage" is 86% full! I have no idea how to access my "storage" so I will be contacting them to see if it's photos that can be restored to my library, unless someone else knows how that works?

Scott, I won't have my PC with me but Fatih will have his laptop. If I have the time to put the photos on a flash drive it would be a good time start working on that while traveling,,,, maybe smile

Oh, and this is the only finger (or thumb) I use when it comes to PB:

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Snipe - 04/28/24 11:22 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...