Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kanon M, KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka, gautprod
18,494 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,960
Posts557,927
Members18,495
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,533
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
6 members (Fishingadventure, gautprod, Tinylake, Knobber, Groundhog7, Jward87), 1,075 guests, and 209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
This should help. I have posted many times about the issue but will let Bob's words stand. Please note the red highlighted part !

Bob Lusk
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker

Loc: Whitesboro, Texas Welcome to the Pond Boss Forum. This is the place for sharing information about the enjoyment of private ponds in a fun, family like atmosphere.

All posts and discussions should be done as if you were talking to family or friends. Any post that appears to the management to be not in keeping with its standards will be be deleted and the maker banned from the Forum. This includes any post that could be seen as mean spirited or offensive and/or directed toward any individual(s) or any post with dirty words, or containing comments of a sexual, religious, racial or political nature or not deemed to be in "good taste". The use of any personal contact information such as E-mail address(s) or use of Private Messages must follow the same standards.

If you wouldn't say it to your Mother, don't say it to us.
No greater gift can a man make than to invest his life in his friends, students and family, building a legacy through them. That gift lasts beyond the ages and has no earthly bounds, it continues to give and build through generations building a better world . A foundation built on investing in others is a life well lived and full. That is the reality of Dave Willis . It is now up to us to make that gift of his life grow by doing as he did-invest in others. Carpe Diem-seize the day! Eric West

Bob Lusk
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker

Loc: Whitesboro, Texas The Pond Boss website moderators have been hand selected. I have broken bread with each and I know each of them quite well. They are highly qualified.
If your words are moderated, it is because they don't fall within the guidelines rules I have set.
The moderators have my full support and complete discretion to moderate any thread, or to delete it, if they choose.
Support the moderators.
Most of the time, on something that's "grey", they'll discuss it among themselves and make a unified decision. They cover each other's backs.
That's the way I have chosen it to be and I expect each member to respect the moderators.
I expect family-friendly harmony among members and I want each and everyone here to realize this website is about ponds, land, stewardship and helping an extended family.
I appreciate your respect and dedication to keeping this forum on target and inbounds.
Glad you are here.
No greater gift can a man make than to invest his life in his friends, students and family, building a legacy through them. That gift lasts beyond the ages and has no earthly bounds, it continues to give and build through generations building a better world . A foundation built on investing in others is a life well lived and full. That is the reality of Dave Willis . It is now up to us to make that gift of his life grow by doing as he did-invest in others. Carpe Diem-seize the day! Eric West

S
S
Originally Posted By: ewest

All posts and discussions should be done as if you were talking to family......

Man I have been around more than a few families that this would not be a good example.

Fortunately not my own........... and I get the intent of the example.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I agree with Snrub - things get pretty rank even downright physical fight status among some families.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Many times things are said between family members that would never be said to strangers.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Bill Cody has asked me to come on the site and make my case so here goes.

I decided to stop participating on the website because I got tired of of JKB personally attacking me, my DIY systems, and even my father whom he's never met. Nothing as far as I could tell was being done about it other than a few warnings. I've complained and it feels like it doesn't matter. One moderator said, "Oh just ignore him." Another said "You like to stir the pot too."

Well I tried the ignore approach and JKB just got more insolent.

The thing is the attacks come right out of the blue and for the life of me I can't figure out what starts them.

What really amazes me is JKB has actually been banned on this site, when he was known as Phil and came back as JKB. At least some of the mods know this, and apparently it's not a big deal. And he's also been banned on the AquaNic website (no longer exists) because of his behavior.

Sure I've posted some threads that got out of hand (For the life of me I can't understand how threads regarding weather ends up with Al Gore and Global Warming or politics), but I have never purposely insulted or trashed anyone here.

I've been called an ***hole in a P.M. by this individual, I've been asked if I'm taking my meds on the forum, I was called a liar in the last thread I posted, my father and American soldiers were trashed by him in a thread when I asked advice on putting up a flag pole for my dad with his Special Forces flag. I wanted to surprise him when he came back from Florida. There was something to the effect that his grandfather rescued his relatives in a POW camp in WWII and our troops pale in comparison. That's impressive JKB but I'll have you know my father raided at least one POW camp in North Vietnam to rescue POW's. If you don't respect the sacrifices our troops have made maybe you should try going back to Poland.

For some reason JKB you take it personal if I don't agree with you. You get all bent out of shape and go in a tirade. I don't know if it's because you're insecure, you're arrogant, or I intimidate you for some reason. I offered to bury that hatchet, as some of the mods know and you agreed. Then you start right back up again.

I just see no point in being here if I have to look forward to being attacked on a regular basis. It's not tolerated on the website where I moderate. And we sure don't welcome banned members and we definitely wouldn't tolerate bad behavior from someone that is technically banned.

Oh and JKB if you're going to try and come off as an expert in recirculating systems maybe you should actually build one or even raise some fish. I'm no expert but at least I have some experience.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 07/11/14 12:43 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Cecil is intelligent, honest, respectful and very kind. I support him to the fullest. I hope you comes back but if don't I thank you for ALL of your help and support for so many of us.
Thank you Bill for inviting CB to explain and thank you Cecil for doing it so well. I remember "Phil" when I first came to this site and thinking what a jerk. Deb King and I discussed him and she said he "likes to aggravate folks". What a shame.
I won't personally insult JKB but might suggest he try to calm down his attitude.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Cecil, and all.

I think it is great that Cecil pushed the envelope. That is one way we all learn. I too push, but not nearly as hard as he does and I love learning from his examples. Everything I have done out at our ponds was because of someone else, and I thank them all. Successes and defeats both teach. Cecil, the sweat on your brow says it all, keep up the hard work.

About all of this, I go back to Mrs Smith, my kindergarten teacher, and she said don't be mean, and share your toys. Cecil shares his trials and experiences, for that I am thankful.

Stirring the pot has its place, but a pond forum probably is not that place. This is one of the best forums I have ever seen, it is like a family, lets keep it that way.

And for all who have served, Thank You.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
I'm a relatively new guy on this site so my opinion likely doesn't carry any weight...but from my perspective Cecil has been nothing but polite, informative and fun to talk to/have discussions with. Cecil I hope you don't quit the forum...it would lessen it's benefit and value if you did as far as I'm concerned.

Dale

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water." - anonymous
M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
Man I hope you stay but if you don't I understand. I have learned a ton about YP from you and Bill. Fair warning to you sir. If you leave, I will track you down. Because when I catch my first 14" black/yellow perch I want you to do the mount. Your work is spectacular. Good luck and thanks for all the info over the years!

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I hope Cecil stays around as well as he has tried to explain to me a few times to help setup a DIY system and I am sure I have asked him the same question more than a few times and he always helps with no complaints.

As of right now I am in the process of trying to put together a late season filter, grow bed or both and could use his help.

I have been off the site for a while so I must have missed most of what caused this.

Lock it down. All's been said that needs to be said.

AL

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Lock it down. All's been said that needs to be said.

That was the consensus of the moderators when I posed the question to them a few hours ago.

So, this thread is officially locked.

I have been out building bluegill spawning beds for the last several hours, so I haven't read all that transpired just recently. I do know that some some suggested that what remains may need editing. Some other suggested it should all be erased.

Ken

From esshup:
Since this thread is locked, I just wanted to add this to the end of the thread.

Due to some recent problems on the forum, after a lengthy discussion we moderators have initiated a “banned camp”. Campers could be visiting from 1 day to 2 years, or even a permanent ban, depending on the severity of the infraction and the frequency of the members infractions. Just like the Eagles song “Hotel California”, frequent campers will become permanent residents. It takes a majority vote of the moderators for you to be sent to banned camp and also to be permanently banned. Each infraction will be discussed before action is taken, and if a member is sent to banned camp, they will receive an e-mail with the reason why and the length of their camping trip. This does not change any rules and regulations that Bob has outlined in the past. It just gives us Moderators another tool in the toolbox to uphold Bob's rules and regulations without permanently banning someone for stepping out of bounds. Since this is the first time we are trying something like this, amendments to this may be made as needed in the future.

Just to refresh everybody’s memories, here’s what Bob has outlined previously.

Welcome to the Pond Boss Forum. This is the place for sharing information about the enjoyment of private ponds in a fun, family like atmosphere.

All posts and discussions should be done as if you were talking to family or friends. Any post that appears to the management to be not in keeping with its standards will be deleted and the maker banned from the Forum.
This includes any post that could be interpreted as mean spirited, offensive and/or directed toward any individual(s) or any post with unacceptable wording, or containing comments of a sexual, religious, racial or political nature or not deemed to be in "good taste". The use of any personal contact information such as E-mail address(s) or use of Private Messages must follow the same standards.

If you wouldn't say it to your Mother, don't say it to us.

The Pond Boss website moderators have been hand selected. I have broken bread with each and I know each of them quite well. They are highly qualified.
If your words are moderated, it is because they don't fall within the guidelines rules I have set.
The moderators have my full support and complete discretion to moderate any thread, or to delete it, if they choose.
Support the moderators.
Most of the time, on something that's "grey", they'll discuss it among themselves and make a unified decision. They cover each other's backs.
That's the way I have chosen it to be and I expect each member to respect the moderators.
I expect family-friendly harmony among members and I want each and everyone here to realize this website is about ponds, land, stewardship and helping an extended family.
I appreciate your respect and dedication to keeping this forum on target and inbounds.
Glad you are here

Bob Lusk

Last edited by esshup; 07/18/14 04:25 PM. Reason: added the change in rules/regs of the forums

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by gautprod - 04/23/24 07:59 PM
Sealing a pond with steep slopes without liner
by gautprod - 04/23/24 07:22 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/23/24 05:22 PM
Need help