Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
TanyaClick, Brian from Texas, Purplepiggies7, BamaBass9, Sryously
18,508 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,975
Posts558,101
Members18,508
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,556
ewest 21,502
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
8 members (bmo, Fishingadventure, tim k, FishinRod, Knobber, Brian from Texas, Joe7328, Sunil), 1,013 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
At least not smack dab in the middle of the city! Woke up to this out my window Friday morning. My sister in law saw it first and about freaked out!! smile

This could be one of those "You Know Your a Redneck When" moments!! Granted he wasn't doing anything wrong but right down town North Little Rock.... He skinned it and all right there on the tree!! Course being a hunter myself it wasn't to big of a deal but some stuff should just be left for deer camp or out in the country at least!! LOL!!

Attached Images
Buck just hanging around.jpg

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Lunker
Lunker
I always joked about doing this in Naperville, right in the front yard ( police chief lived across the street). But never did, always did it in the garage with the door closed. There just isn't enough time at camp to always get this done. Plus the "city" folks could use a little education as to where meat comes from.

B
B
Some folks just lack class. You'd never catch me w/deer hanging in my yard. Now the garage is another story. It's also interesting on trash day after deer season.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I would settle for the jerks in our area not throwing the carcass by our gates !

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Yeah I would have maybe been a little more upset if my boys were like 2 or 3! That would have been quite tramatic at a younger age I think.

I heard some yelling over there that night as well. I bet his wife was pretty upset about him doing that! I was wondering what was going on over there now I think I know!! Like I said nothing against it really but a little more less obvious would have been nice!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
When I lived in the city (of 250k), it wasn't unusual to see them hanging in my neighbors tree (in the backyard). He would always bring them home to dress 'em.

My son (about 8 at the time) and I thought it was pretty cool and a good learning experience for both of us, and he was always respectful enough to keep the area clean after dressing it. I had lived there for 20 years and I was the "new guy", so it also helps when you have a tight-knit neighborhood. Plus, as I was the guy with the ATV with a snow-plow and cleared the neighborhood walks and most driveways, I was never in a shortage of sausage, jerky, homemade jams, etc., especially from the people who lived on corner lots!

A little courtesy can go a long way!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Turkeys get quite active when ya whack their head off wink

Not uncommon to see a deer or two hanging, but most put them in a garage and close it up so the critters don't think they hit the jackpot shocked

D
Fingerling
Fingerling
D
Originally Posted By: RC51
Yeah I would have maybe been a little more upset if my boys were like 2 or 3! That would have been quite tramatic at a younger age I think.

A few months back I shot a couple feral hogs at the house and my older two girls (2 and 4 years old) were so interested in it and wanted to help clean them. I think my wife has a picture of them each holding a leg while I skinned it.

Every time my oldest daughter would see the last butcher calf we fed out she would ask "can we eat it yet?". They definitely know where the meat comes from.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Some people just want to show off.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
As a young kid, they aren't tramautized unless their parents make a big deal out of it. Kids are curious, and should learn!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Did a fish for a guy that wasn't allowed to hang any mounts anywhere in the house (had to be in the garage) and his wife and daughter let him know in no uncertain terms they thought mounting animals (including a beautiful strutting turkey in a glass case that was done by another taxidermist) was despicable. To me the word henpecked comes to mind and the following magazine cover epitomizes my thoughts.

On the other hand back when I did gameheads (specialize in fish now) I had a newly married couple tell me they were going to hang the deerhead over the bed. crazy

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/04/13 07:02 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: drumz2129

A few months back I shot a couple feral hogs at the house and my older two girls (2 and 4 years old) were so interested in it and wanted to help clean them. I think my wife has a picture of them each holding a leg while I skinned it.

Every time my oldest daughter would see the last butcher calf we fed out she would ask "can we eat it yet?". They definitely know where the meat comes from.

+1 wink

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: drumz2129

My sister's got attached to the steers we raised. All I had to do is tell them that Frank and Missy were now on the dinner plate and I would have extra steak!

G
G
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
My sister's got attached to the steers we raised. All I had to do is tell them that Frank and Missy were now on the dinner plate and I would have extra steak!
As if castration isn't humiliating enough for a young bull, ya'll had to go and name him Missy. eek

I'll bet, he was the laughingstock of the barnyard. (pun intended)

Did a fish for a guy that wasn't allowed to hang any mounts anywhere in the house (had to be in the garage) and his wife and daughter let him know in no uncertain terms they thought mounting animals (including a beautiful strutting turkey in a glass case that was done by another taxidermist) was despicable. To me the word henpecked comes to mind and the following magazine cover epitomizes my thoughts.

That's just dang funny right there! Good one!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Doesn't meat come from the store? I saw Bambi and hunters are bad men! A female coworker once kidded me about shooting Bambi's dad when I had fresh antlers in my office. I replied "right you are and tonight I am after his mother and Bambi too!" She did laugh.

D
Fingerling
Fingerling
D
We name them as I did growing up, "Meatinthepot"

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
At least not smack dab in the middle of the city! Woke up to this out my window Friday morning. My sister in law saw it first and about freaked out!! smile

This could be one of those "You Know Your a Redneck When" moments!! Granted he wasn't doing anything wrong but right down town North Little Rock.... He skinned it and all right there on the tree!! Course being a hunter myself it wasn't to big of a deal but some stuff should just be left for deer camp or out in the country at least!! LOL!!

Just saw this for the first time, RC! Too funny! You should have told you SIL that city deer suffer from complexes that their country cousins don't and suicide by hanging like this guy is not uncommon!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
R
R
My wife would go nuts if she saw that and where she comes from it isnt uncommon to see them slaughter a pig across the street from our apartment for the holidays.As for me if it wasnt a habit I'd give the guy a pass.If it was all the time though I'd politely strike up a conversation and try and drop in the wife is going bonkers bit.Offer him a hand and see if there was a little extra left laugh

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Speaking of cattle we had up to there steers in the barn growing up. One night I was hunting nightcrawlers with a flashlight and thought I heard something behind me. To my surprise three steers were following me in single file!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin

That's just dang funny right there! Good one!

Glad you liked it. I posted it here once before. Sadly I have run into guys that are almost as xxxxx whipped as the magazine cover. One friend I know has to ask his wife for permission to do anything. Never mind he is a millionaire and it came from his side of the family.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 12/06/13 06:00 AM.

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
My favorite was right after I graduated from college I lived in an apartment and had no where to butcher my deer I shot. I took it to my parent's house which backed to a golf course. There I was skinning the deer that was hanging from the back deck. Two golf carts come down the path right behind my parent's house full of Korean guys. The first 2 golfers in the first cart didn't see me and stopped to get out and put. The second 2 guys in the second cart did see me. The driver of the golf cart was so busy staring at me skinning my deer out, he slammed right into the rear of the first golf cart.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I hung a buck in the tree right outside my dorm in college. More people wanted to know more about where and when I got it than didn't like it. Maybe becaues it was a school that was known for it's natural resources classes??

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Same here Scott. We had guys harvesting bucks and we butchered them right out side the dorm in Alpena, Michigan. Nobody had a problem with it. But many of us were fisheries and forestry majors too.

Lunker
Lunker
Think of the stink that would cause today, let alone that fact that meant you had a gun on campus. I had a shotgun in my truck every fall day when I was in high school since I went duck hunting many days after school, it would be a huge problem if you did that today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Tbar
Recent Posts
New Pond owner -- fish growth rate question
by FishinRod - 05/01/24 04:33 PM
Happy Birthday Tbar!
by Dave Davidson1 - 05/01/24 02:46 PM
How much feed?
by ewest - 05/01/24 01:36 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 05/01/24 11:29 AM
New pond stocking
by Sunil - 05/01/24 10:43 AM
RES in new pond with no plants
by RAH - 05/01/24 09:40 AM
Is my feeder toast?
by FishinRod - 04/30/24 09:50 PM
Oxygenator equipment advice
by esshup - 04/30/24 09:31 PM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 04/30/24 05:07 PM
Fish food
by LANGSTER - 04/30/24 03:11 PM
Considering expansion of DIY solar aeration
by ghdmd - 04/30/24 11:41 AM
When Trespassers Ignore the Signs (funny)
by Boondoggle - 04/30/24 11:32 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
by Tbar, December 10
Deer at Theo's 2023
Deer at Theo's 2023
by Theo Gallus, November 13
Minnow identification
Minnow identification
by Mike Troyer, October 6
Sharing the Food