Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,005
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
3 members (teehjaeh57, anthropic, Snipe), 947 guests, and 206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: JKB
Another thing you may want to consider is they were taking core samples. You can tell a whole bunch of history from those things. I doubt they were checking for a leak wink

I repectfully disagree. I have seen them do the same thing in an earthen dam of a 700 acre reservoir near me which was having issues due to it's construction over several springs. Perhaps core samples but stiil checking for leakage.

Maybe someone else here knows more about the technique?

What kind of history are you referring to?

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/19/13 10:26 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

F
F
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Don't all waters end up in state waters at some point? My pond drains into the highway ditch that ends up in a stream called Solomon Creek, then the Elkhart River, then the St. Joe and finally Lake Michigan.

Oh man, now you done it!!!! You admitted to your terrible deed! Quick, erase that while you still have your freedom to do it. Your a brave man, Cecil. cool

Last edited by fish n chips; 11/20/13 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: fish n chips
Don't all waters end up in state waters at some point? My pond drains into the highway ditch that ends up in a stream called Solomon Creek, then the Elkhart River, then the St. Joe and finally Lake Michigan.

Oh man, now you done it!!!! You admitted to your terrible dead! Quick, erase that while you still have your freedom to do it. Your a brave man, Cecil. cool

Ha Ha. It's already known by my contact at the DNR that issues me permits. That is one of the reasons they require me to report any and all species of fish I raise and that the salmonids are health tested. Wouldn't want to infect those nonnative salmon and brown trout. wink

All waters end up in watersheds, large bodies of water, rivers and finally our oceans.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Don't you guys know that EPA/COE own all the water from rain drop to ocean. Who is going to win the argument between a little bitty state and big old Uncle Sam ? Satire intended !

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J

What kind of history are you referring to?

Potential contamination, or maybe they are just curious, looking wink The quickest way, is to drive what you think may be a rod in the ground, but it's a tube, and inside the tube will be a soil sample that will contain evidence of past history. Easy to dissect in a lab and tell you what's up.

You've never had to go thru an environmental assessment cry

R
R
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
When even the police think things are getting out of hand, you know they are... I think things are getting out of hand and so do most of my fellow law enforcement officers in many aspects involving the erosion of our Bill of Rights.

Retired in June after 30 years of LEO work. 25 in Northern Nevada, retired Sgt almost six years ago. Left because they were taking my retirement medical if I stayed past July 08.

Since I was in an area that bordered California I knew agencies next door in CA. I took a job as a Deputy and attended a (RECERT) academy. Three weeks of academy in California POST so my NV POST would get me my CA POST, (POLICE OFFICE STANDARDS AND TRAINING).

From DAY ONE I felt Californias gun laws were unconstitutional. I did 5 years and just enough time to get a small retirment out of California. I walked awqay from 95K a year and retired a second time and moved to Idaho. GET MY POINT. I never llived there I sayed in Nevada which is now changing.

www.oathkeepers.org for those of us who still believe.

RUMBLON

B
B
Knock, Knock........Who's there?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/...-your-backyard/

And then they will probably treat it for you.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Guys I think we need to be careful believing the news from the cable news networks and that includes all if them including FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc. it's all about ratings and making money and it's fairly common for them to accentuate the negative or preach doom and gloom to increase viewers. I don't know about you but if it's a subject i am really familiar with they usually get it wrong!

If I believed everything they said I'd have to go out behind the woodshed and blow my head off. LOL Working in my shop by myself day after day I watch a lot of TV to break the boredom. Many times I have to stop watching the cable news networks as it's so negative!

Are there things we should be vigilant about and does our goverment get out of hand at times? Heck yeah but having lived around the world as a military dependent i believe we have more freedom than we think. Even basic training where my freedom was taken away, and I was screamed at for a few weeks around the clock--by three drill Sgts. on three 8 hour shifts --was an eye opener on how much freedom I had at home. I remember thinking this must be similar to what it's like in a POW camp minus the physical torture and threat of death. One guy said he was going to break out and go to Canada. LOL

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/25/13 09:25 AM.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Thank you Cecil! Common sense, minding your own business and a fully loaded handgun will keep things on a level plane.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Bob you're allways so succint!

grin

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/25/13 02:28 PM.

Guys I think we need to be careful believing the news from the cable news networks and that includes all if them including FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc. it's all about ratings and making money and it's fairly common for them to accentuate the negative or preach doom and gloom to increase viewers. I don't know about you but if it's a subject i am really familiar with they usually get it wrong!

Amen, Cecil!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
All news sources not just cable !

My Grandpa, who passed away 30 years ago used to say, if you didn't hear from Paul Harvey or read it in the National Enquirer it can't be true.

And that'ts the rest of the story smile

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Cecil, I don't know them big college words so I hope that's a compliment.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Snipe - 04/28/24 11:22 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...