Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,095
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,415
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
9 members (esshup, Sunil, jpsdad, azteca, BillyE, H20fwler, FishinRod, Augie, PRCS), 719 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
James Bryan: Your enthusiasm and willingness to travel make you a great addition to our family. Thank you so much for taking the time to attend. You bring a bundle of positivity to our group. Sorry I give you such a hard time always. You just take it so well.

Tony Livingston (sprkplug): It's so cool to see you evolving from student to teacher. I hope your quest to grow massive bluegill continues, as we all stand to learn from your process. Your focus on fishing was a joy to watch. Thanks to you I learned that I have more bluegill than I realized around that dock. You're fast becoming a great friend.

Scott (esshup): Dude, you're so knowledgeable! You'd better make sure that you get to every meeting from now on. Thanks for making it here. It's very flattering that you traveled that far.

Dr. and Mrs. Dave Willis: Thank you for making the time to join us Saturday morning. You show joy and dignity in all your endeavors. You honored us all by making the trip.

Al (Fireishot): It's been a real treat to get to know you. I'm really honored that you made it here. I like you so much, that I'm going to refrain (at least for a few months) from telling the story about the pontoon boat. laugh laugh I think your ability to rapidly grow an impressive beard outweighs the fact that you showed questionable judgement in regards to pontoon weight distribution. By the way.....my charger STILL WORKS! Just like you said it would. smile

Sue Cruz: You continue to amaze all of us with your strong commitment to the Pond Boss cause. You and your company have shown over and over again your willingness to support the industry. You're obviously a leader in your field, but you also show an amazing ability to identify people who should be talking and networking and make it happen! It's impossible to imagine a Pond Boss conference without your presence.

Bob Lusk: You're THE Pond Boss--end of story.

Mike Otto: What a pleasant surprise that you took time from your busy schedule to be here! I greatly admire your ability to listen. Think how many things in our world would be better if everybody were like Mike Otto. Before Mike speaks, he seeks out people who have useful information and he lets them talk. Several times you let me talk when you were by far the real expert. Thank you.

Sunil: You're as good a friend as a person could ever ask for. You may be the smartest person I know, but you're also smart enough to recognize that sometimes life is about finding the funny or enjoyable part of a situation and making the most of it. I think you knew that I've been stressed for a long time, and you completely broke me out of my funk. Thanks, McF.

Justin Herman: You easily have the most broad and diverse skill set of anybody I know. Thanks for being so generous with those skills! You also gave me the best advice I've had all year..."You need to rest and enjoy yourself, Bruce. You're old". LOL. Something I needed to hear. I will heed your advice.

Vicki (Woman) Ramchandran: I had a tiny bit of apprehension when I heard you were coming. TOTALLY UNFOUNDED!!! Not only did you NOT get in the way of our fun...you totally added to it. I certainly see why Sunil speaks so highly of you. You blended into our group pretty dang quick. You must be about as crazy as the rest of us.

Beezer: Wow, man! You go like you're 20 years old! laugh This is in no way a cut on anybody else...but it's pretty cool that somebody who knows as much as you can show up and NOT TALK WORK! There needs to be somebody in every group who keeps the party on point. I don't think there should ever be a Pond Boss party without you!

Nate Herman: You represent your family and your faith so well. I admire and respect who you are. Your journey over the next decades will be fascinating to watch. I'd be privileged to be any part of it.

John Wann: Thanks for allowing us to be part of your exciting pond future. Thank you for your willingness to share your failures as well as your successes. Interestingly, Pond Boss has always been as much as sharing your challenges and failure, as well as your victories. Keep it up, and thanks for bringing your family.

Yolkie, Dr. Dave H.: You definitely found a way to be here in "spirit". Thanks from the bottom of my heart for providing such a fine wine to share with the Pond Boss family. I hope you're here physically next time. smile

Ewest: Thanks a ton for your support of Pond Boss, and of the wonderful Jesse West Foundation. I have a little donation ready for JWF thanks to the t-shirts.

TJ Hudson: I couldn't ask for a better friend. Your relentless pursuit of pond perfection keeps me motivated. Like Sunil, you bring a presence to a party. I think that literally you have the best sense of humor of anybody I've ever known. Thank goodness that Josh didn't make bacon out of you on Saturday morning.

Josh (Omaha): You strongly represent one of the characteristics that sets Pondmeisters apart from other folks. Humility. You remind me of Dr. Dave Willis in that you know A LOT, but you don't flaunt it. For you it's more about the learning side of things. That's the epitome of Pond Bossing.

Frank Condello (Dad). I'd have lost interest in this a long time ago if it weren't for your support and never-ending enthusiasm for fishing. If you didn't keep me fishing, I'd probably be working 70 hour weeks and go hide in a dark corner at night.

Pete Eisenbarth: Your pond--your vision. Bravo on a job well done. Thanks for coming to the meeting, and thanks for letting me play.

Shawn Banks: I know you work your f-in ass off, but I can honestly say I've never been around you without having a great time. Thanks a ton for putting things down and coming to hang with the crew. Every single person there would agree with me that you're great to be around. Nice to see that success and hard work still go together.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Dr. Bruce, thank YOU for hosting this wonderful gathering!!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Bruce Condello: You are the most interesting man I know... I'm gonna put your 4 day weekends to good use next year..!!!

You are an awesome host!

THANKS

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Thanks for hosting. It was great! I hope to get a shot at one of those LMB next time.

Last edited by John Wann; 09/29/13 08:44 PM.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Thanks for everything you did, and continue to do Bruce. You opened your home to all of us, and went out of your way to make sure everyone felt welcome. It was a great time!

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bruce:

Thanks for hosting. Beautiful house and pond! Not to mention you are a great host as well.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
As Tony stated, I need some time to get my thoughts together as well. Besides a Pond Boss convention ballroom, I'm not sure I've been in a single room with so much pond management knowledge. Led by Bob Lusk, the information spilling out into Bruce's kitchen was something I wish every pond owner was privy to. But more than that, the company. When Bob speaks of the Pond Boss family, it's not just a slogan. I felt like I was amongst brothers, sisters, uncles, a real family. To those of you who couldn't make it, I encourage you to jump at the chance at the next one. Can't really explain it clearly to anyone who wasn't there. Till I can get my thoughts together, I'll just express my gratitude to the host. Bruce, your enthusiasm is incredibly infectious. Your generousity this past weekend is unmatched. I am so fortunate to have you and TJ so close and this simple privilege will never be lost on me. Allowing your guests to catch your pets spoke volumes to your incredible generosity. Thank you thank you thank you for this event. No way any of the attendees will forget this. Can't wait for the next one.

I am currently impressed with myself. I only used the word 'incredible' twice. Could've used it at least15 times in that short paragraph.

I will elaborate more later, but am still mesmerized by it all. If you weren't there, I'm sorry. You missed out.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I wish I could have enjoyed the dock part more, but I'm in that daddy phase and it dwarves pond boss for me right now. What an experience. Next time I hope I have the confidence to fish without worrying about a gut hook. I enjoyed watching tony bring them in. Wow!

Last edited by John Wann; 09/30/13 05:37 AM.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Mike Otto and Bob thanks for making Ashley and Molly feel instantly comfortable to people they have have only heard me speak of yesterday. Mike and Bob gave Molly full attention every time they came across her. You two taught Molly a hand shake. She has never done that before this trip. Thanks to to everybody that gave my daughter attention even when she was fussy. It means a lot. Sunil and TJ I want to spend an evening of beer with you two. They say really know a person after a night if libations. The whole experience was unforgettable. Thanks everybody.

Bruce thanks. You were an incredibly gracious and giving host and it did not go unnoticed.

I'll post some stories and pics on the LN thread later this morning, but ultimately my cat like reflexes and incredible ninja skills averted a boating disaster. But much like the Costa Concordia captain, I was the first one off the ship.

AL

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
F.I.H./Al was horizontally frozen in time for about 1/2 second, and it's 1/2 second that will cause me to break out laughing for decades to come, no matter where I'm at, whenever it crosses through my mind.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Bruce, thank you so much for hosting such an awesome event. We have all become such great friends through the years! This was like the perfect gathering!! There were a few missing, but WOW! What a crew!! I can't wait to see everyone again and I would definitely recommend others to attend the next connect meeting. My face is sore from laughing so hard! Good times for sure!
Oh, and believe it or not, it was this fun and relaxed setting that knowledge was shared and bubbles were discussed, so it truly was business and pleasure!
Thanks also Bruce, for helping me land that huge LMB ~ my first, but hopefully not my last!

Attached Images
SueBassPic.jpg
Last edited by ewest; 05/04/22 10:06 AM.

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I will say without any hesitation that I was completely impressed, Sue, by you and the other anglers. It was really nice to be around people who cared about the fish's well being. Every single angler worked really hard to assure the successful and healthy release of those fish!

By the way...the fish were ready to go again this morning. Maybe they LIKE being caught! smile

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Outstanding meeting all ! Thanks for the reports and waiting on more with pics. Nothing like a Pond Boss Family Reunion !!! You guys/gals hit the nail on the head - it is a big family of close friends - what an incredible group.

All - If you get the chance to go to a meeting go - you will be amazed at the event and even more so at the people.

Originally Posted By: ewest
All - If you get the chance to go to a meeting go - you will be amazed at the event and even more so at the people.

Completely true. I left TX Thursday morning knowing everything possible about raising trophy fish. By Saturday evening, I didn't feel quite as smart. Lot's to learn from gatherings like this even in different regions. Well worth a road trip.

AL

H
Fingerling
Fingerling
H
Truly an amazing event with awesome people in attendance! In all reality, every time I get the chance to visit with this group, I've learned something new from all angles.

Is Omaha's pond done yet???
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Originally Posted By: Holdemplyer
Truly an amazing event with awesome people in attendance! In all reality, every time I get the chance to visit with this group, I've learned something new from all angles.

Was great to have you. Too bad you didn't catch anything.

I do not approve of your signature...

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Holdemplyer = Alejandro Gonzales

Yeah, he fished for so long and caught nothing!!!

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Holdemplyer = Alejandro Gonzales

Yeah, he fished for so long and caught nothing!!!

Seems to be a strong pattern.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Alex Gonzales with a gorgeous, and huge redear sunfish.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
I witnessed that fish, it was a legit NE Master Angler taken on a fly rod. Well done, o bearded Spanish friend.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
What a freak!

That fish is crazy too.

Typical Alejandro smirk. Perfect!

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Alex gave me some pointers on fly fishing. Cool guy , but can't remember his name on forum. I witnessed that fish too. What a monster. Did Tonys BBG pic not come out?

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Alex's name here is holdemplyer.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
John W., as you get to know Alejandro better, you start to understand why he chose a 'poker-type' name for membership on a pond forum.

.(???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 04:51 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by BillyE - 03/28/24 04:35 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 04:23 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 04:13 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by ewest - 03/28/24 03:37 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass