Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985
18,501 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,962
Members18,501
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
7 members (FishinRod, Fishingadventure, 4CornersPuddle, Bigtrh24, Boondoggle, Bill Cody, Ponderific2024), 1,109 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'm going to pick up my new (to me) boat tomorrow, been having withdrawals since I sold my ranger about a month ago..

Anyways it has one of those fancy Minn kota terrova trolling motors on it, GPS controlled you can drop your boat off the trailer go park the truck then drive it back to pick you up, has follow the contours features (if you run maps on your humminbird) auto pilot, cruise control, anchor/spot lock that will keep you in one spot even in wind and current, can follow a bank at so many ft off shore, set up tracks to follow up to 2 miles.. Bunch of other stuff too if you have the expensive humminbird fish finder which I don't..

Just looking to see if anyone on here is running one of these sounds like an awesome trolling motor according to YouTube smile

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
The way my luck goes sometimes I'd drop it off the trailer, expect to drive it back to pick me up an have it not work.....

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
S
S
I bought one this spring. I have HB 998 wich is a year old. I would say its kind of like cheat ion. I am still learning,to many options for a slow learner like me. The follow the contour works great, and also love the anchor system.

BGK, I've had the Terrova iPilot 80lb thrust for 3 years and absolutely love it! For me, the Spot-Lock feature alone has been worth the investment. As my brother is constantly working his trolling motor, the spot-lock allows me to walk the entire boat, fishing all angles/directions. Even on the windiest day it will keep you "anchored". Watching my brother, foot-locked on his tm, it allows me to spend a lot more time fishing!

I typically fish the same lakes (5mph lakes) normally following shore-lines, and once recorded, it will take me along that same track, at the same speed (into and against the wind) all day long, hands/feet free!

With the Terrova you can use the foot-control and remote, whereas the Powerdrive you cannot have both, unless they've changed that. The remote is always around my neck, foot control there as I need it and no bulky wires.

I'm not brave enough spot-lock it while parking the truck, but I get some crazy looks while having fun with people, like letting it drift away from the dock while my back's turned, only to talk to it and whistle at it like it's a dog, "come 'ere boy, come 'ere". They don't see me running the remote as I command my boat back to the dock.

Great fun as well grin

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 07/15/13 08:09 AM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Man that is awesome couldn't make it too get the boat today, gonna have to wait til Wednesday but I'm pumped just for the trolling motor I was so sick of my old motor guide corded motor I fish a couple pretty rough lakes and most of the time I spent working the trolling motor I can't wait to be able to spot lock and set up a couple tracks to follow for trolling white bass..

Thanks for the feedback guys..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
I'm going to pick up my new (to me) boat tomorrow, been having withdrawals since I sold my ranger about a month ago..

Anyways it has one of those fancy Minn kota terrova trolling motors on it, GPS controlled you can drop your boat off the trailer go park the truck then drive it back to pick you up, has follow the contours features (if you run maps on your humminbird) auto pilot, cruise control, anchor/spot lock that will keep you in one spot even in wind and current, can follow a bank at so many ft off shore, set up tracks to follow up to 2 miles.. Bunch of other stuff too if you have the expensive humminbird fish finder which I don't..

Just looking to see if anyone on here is running one of these sounds like an awesome trolling motor according to YouTube smile

I also have the Terrova 80Lb with iPilot. I use it strictly for taking lake sediment samples, doing Oxygen/Temp profiles, etc.. The GPS anchor feature works great for maintaining sampling stations.

Jeff Gray (Aquatic Biologist)
"Jack of All Trades.....Master of Some"
BGK, just as a word of caution, keep a close eye on battery usage especially as you're toying with it the first several times out. I learned the hard way on a Trolling-Motor-Only lake on a windy day! If you're in pretty rough waters just keep in mind it'll be constantly working. I actually think it's great on battery consumption (or lack of), but just wanted to throw that out there.

That initial outting prompted the purchase of my 3-bank, 20amp charger. Now plugged in 24/7 I never take off without fully charged/maintained batteries!

Have fun with it and send back some reports and fish pics!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Boat also comes with a Prosport 3 bank onboard charge.. I was wondering about that.. I was thinking if its too hard on the batteries ill replace them with a couple optimas I'm not sure whats in the boat for batteries but that's not really a concern of mine the boat could have no batteries and I'd still buy it..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Boat purchase has been moved back a week.. Guy went on vacation yesterday until next week frown

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:15 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/25/24 08:09 PM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by JabariStokes - 04/25/24 07:30 PM