Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,086
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
10 members (Augie, IND1371, dg84s, Brandon Larson, Dave Davidson1, Fishingadventure, PRCS, Sunil, Theo Gallus, BillyE), 766 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Okie Bob #338234 06/07/13 01:23 PM
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Yeah where's the thread on the 9 St. Louis tornadoes the other night?? Gimme a break the Ok tornadoes were horrific, horrible and heartbreaking things i dont wanna think about when I come to pondboss to talk PONDS I don't pay much attention to any post not fish or pond related and I'm sure I'm not the only one..

It's a tragic event and there's many everyday are we gonna start acknowledgeing these every day because wed be overwhelmed..

Sorry to seem insensitive but I don't think this is the place for it..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Okie Bob #338251 06/07/13 03:00 PM
I've never been a part of, or experienced, a more caring, compassionate and family oriented coast-to-coast forum anything, as I have here on PB.

Disagreements? Sure.
Differences of opinion? Sure

Lack of compassion, judgemental, "cliquey", uncaring? Not in the slightest!

Sarcasm, wit, light-hearted & funny? Yes, and I hope it continues.

As a newbie I may not have a lot to contribute and at some point I'm sure someone will respond to one of my posts stating "Really Keith? That's about one of the dumbest things I've ever heard." It's then I will know I've been accepted as part of the PB family wink

(BTW, that doesn't have to be seen as an open invitation grin)

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Okie Bob #338269 06/07/13 03:40 PM
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
There are no dumb questions on PB only people who want to learn. We all started naked and ignorant at birth and someone showed us the ropes !

Last edited by ewest; 06/07/13 03:40 PM.

ewest #338276 06/07/13 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: ewest
There are no dumb questions on PB

I appreciate that Eric but that doesn't mean I haven't, or won't DO something dumb (as I'm sure we all have) and I think I'm capable on a daily basis, yet it's even more fun when someone else points it out!

EX: I was mowing along my drive which is 200 yds long, with my noise-blocking-hearing-protector-radio-headphones, jamming away to Ozark Mountain Daredevil's "If you wanna get to heaven". I had made two full passes going on the third when it finally donned on me that the blade was not engaged.

Can't help but just stop and laugh at that point. It's what makes life fun!

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 06/07/13 04:56 PM.

(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Lovnlivin #338290 06/07/13 06:10 PM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Nice, lovin'! I've done similar with my brush hog and also my riding mower - blades were engaged but not lowered into place so no joy on the grass cutting! The great thing is that's one part of life that never bothers me - I just get to start over and spend a little more time at my farm!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Originally Posted By: Okie Bob
7 responses on my Memorial Day thread...... Very few on the tornadoes that devastated Oklahoma and other states.....Lots of people died. Someone gets a couple ATV's stolen and it goes viral...... Glad you folks got your priorities straight. Not a soul inquired if any of us from the affected states were okay....... I guess we're not a part of the "Good Ol' Boy" club so we don't matter..... I think a lot of us know where we stand now.......

Seriously?!?

I don't know you Bob so I assume you are just blowing off steam. But the as of this morning the "Damn Thieves" thread had 50 views and 1,166 views. The "Heart Felt Prayers" thread had 59 posts and 1,393 views. So how is the Damn Thieves thread "viral" compared to the Heart Felt Prayers thread.

Every time I hear about tragic events in areas of the country I think about my Pond Boss brethren. Flooding occurs in Texas and I wonder if George, Bob Lusk, Dave D, and all of my Texan Pond Boss friends are doing. Nebraska brings to mind TJ and Bruce and Omaha. Virtually every event makes me wonder how my Pond Boss friends are coping.

But ask, just ask for any type of help and the Pond Boss army comes running. Heck you don't even have to ask and people offer help and support.

The "Good Old Boy" club does exist. All you have to do to join is participate. Everyone is granted free membership. Even someone as demented as me.

And I can tell you from personal experience, if you need a helping hand, or just emotional support it is extended to you from this family of Pond Meisters. The folks here are some of the greatest folks I've ever met in my 55 years on this on this planet. If your opinion is that they don't care then you are sadly mistaken.

Originally Posted By: Dudley Landry
I envy your eloquence, Gentlemen, and praise your kindness, but a kick in the patootie is sometimes warranted and justified and should be delivered with greater vigor.

Amen Brother Landry, Amen

jhap, thanks for saving me a lot of typing.

Okie Bob, I'm sorry for the loses of life in your state (seriously). Looting happens whenever there is a chance... But I think you're a little out of line attacking the Pond Boss community just based on few responses to your thread.

We've got your "back" buddy!!!

I hope you respond after reading all of these posts.

Lovnlivin #338347 06/08/13 10:24 AM
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
I appreciate that Eric but that doesn't mean I haven't, or won't DO something dumb (as I'm sure we all have) and I think I'm capable on a daily basis, yet it's even more fun when someone else points it out!

EX: I was mowing along my drive which is 200 yds long, with my noise-blocking-hearing-protector-radio-headphones, jamming away to Ozark Mountain Daredevil's "If you wanna get to heaven". I had made two full passes going on the third when it finally donned on me that the blade was not engaged.

Wow Lovnlivin you are right.

Jamming to "Ozark Mountain Daredevils" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

(You are now officially one of the Pond Boss family).

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker

laugh laugh laugh

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Okie Bob #338481 06/09/13 03:02 PM
Haha, love it!

Thanks JHAP!

And to show my gratitude, that's one more GSF that will be allowed to survive grin

Keith

Todd3138 #338483 06/09/13 03:27 PM
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Originally Posted By: LL
And to show my gratitude, that's one more GSF that will be allowed to survive

....and that's one of the dumbest things I'VE ever heard.

No one ever said it wasn't a dysfunctional family.

Yolk Sac #338494 06/09/13 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
Originally Posted By: LL
And to show my gratitude, that's one more GSF that will be allowed to survive

....and that's one of the dumbest things I'VE ever heard.

No one ever said it wasn't a dysfunctional family.

Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
And to show my gratitude, that's one more GSF that will be allowed to survive grin

(Although, I didn't say where or for how long,,,, just sayin)

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 06/09/13 05:36 PM.

Okie Bob #338498 06/09/13 05:51 PM
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Okie...we all understand the frustrations you feel from the devastations near you. Many of us here lived through similar and want to lash out when we feel helpless. I, like jhap, George, and others here, KNOW that when the pondmeisters are with you, you are never helpless.

Okie, simply posting here long ago made you part of the "good ole boy" club...there are also good ole women here....lol

Last edited by Rainman; 06/09/13 05:52 PM.

Okie Bob #338504 06/09/13 07:31 PM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I think many of us were distracted with family things Memorial Day weekend and the thread died. I honestly don't remember if I got on the forum when thread was active. I definitely never forgot the meaning of holiday. The tornados never left my mind neither. Your venting definitely shows how muck care and that's awesome. I have used your first hand advice while setting my shelter and I know the hurt and devastation they can cause from first hand experience helping family friends that have been hit directly less than 10 miles from house. Looking forward to hearing more good advice from you. I almost set my shelter in wrong spot before heading your advice. You definitely have a lot to contribute to forum. Look forward to hearing from you again. That my 2 Cents for what's its worth.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
Okie Bob #338552 06/09/13 11:40 PM
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
C'mon Bob........ A reply would be nice grin!

Okie Bob #338604 06/10/13 11:06 AM
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Being able to look bad things that happen to you in the eye and reply with humor is indeed a gift. It lifts the spirit and helps ensure that hope and trust overcome fear.

Okie Bob #338735 06/11/13 02:04 AM
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Sorry you feel that way bob!!! A lot of us were out paying our respects to family and friends who died for us. If you want to take that attitude, thats up to you. But you will not make me feel guilty for not responding to your thread on Memorial(sp) day.

Last post for me on this topic........And believe it or not BOB, we care!!!

Okie Bob #338769 06/11/13 10:44 AM
Bob,
I am unsure what you were hoping for with this thread, but as you can see, we care about our families including our pondboss family. Warts and all, we care. If you choose to leave the family, that is okay, but its your choice. We will miss you, but we will go on, and the pondboss family will continue to grow, because that is what we do.

Know this before you go; if you expect us to pick you up when life knocks you down we might not notice your down, but if you ask us to help you up, we will probably trip over other pondboss members trying to get to you to help. That is just how it works. Some of us have reached out and become closer friends in real life, me personally, I have friends from six or seven states that I have met because of PondBoss. These people would not be in my life without Pondboss. I am extremely grateful for all Pondboss has done for me and the friends I have met because of this place. You can choose to reach out and friend people or you can go your own way, its your choice. One of the best things about pondboss is, there is no waiting, and it is always open.

The choice is yours.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
Okie Bob #338782 06/11/13 11:32 AM
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OB hasn't been online since...06/07/13 01:20 AM, which is about an hour after he started this thread, FYI.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

highflyer #338783 06/11/13 11:35 AM
F
F
Originally Posted By: highflyer
Bob,
I am unsure what you were hoping for with this thread, but as you can see, we care about our families including our pondboss family. Warts and all, we care. If you choose to leave the family, that is okay, but its your choice. We will miss you, but we will go on, and the pondboss family will continue to grow, because that is what we do.

Know this before you go; if you expect us to pick you up when life knocks you down we might not notice your down, but if you ask us to help you up, we will probably trip over other pondboss members trying to get to you to help. That is just how it works. Some of us have reached out and become closer friends in real life, me personally, I have friends from six or seven states that I have met because of PondBoss. These people would not be in my life without Pondboss. I am extremely grateful for all Pondboss has done for me and the friends I have met because of this place. You can choose to reach out and friend people or you can go your own way, its your choice. One of the best things about pondboss is, there is no waiting, and it is always open.

The choice is yours.

That is so very well said...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:50 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 02:50 PM
1 year after stocking question
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday