So I built my pond a little over a year ago ( http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=21836&Number=318168#Post318168 ).

It hasn't exactly been up to my expectations with never getting above about 2 feet deep. I was really hoping for a simple dug out pond (I have less than $1k in it currently). It looks like I need to sink a bit more money into it now though.

So my questions are - How far should I go with it this year? I think my options are pretty much - pump it out and redo everything as it is, dig it out deeper and redo everything from scratch, or get bentonite and mix it into the sides and hope it holds.

I personally would like to see it deeper and get redone. But as with everything there are costs associated with this. The 2 sinkholes that the crew hit last year have held water beautifully. I think it is just the point where they didn't layer the clay very good on the sides that isn't holding the water (it lowers to a certain point where a lot of rocks are).

I am afraid if we mess with the bottom too much, we may open up the sinkholes we successfully plugged last year as well.