Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,993
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,538
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
3 members (esshup, Dave Davidson1, highflyer), 1,050 guests, and 200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
$230.00 for a 8 foot circular 610 gallon circular tank! I might order a few of these for future use! They ship to and from just about any state but I would see about picking up in person!

http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?item=105

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/05/10 07:20 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Where is the company located?

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Where is the company located?

Can't find it on the website Bill. I've noticed this with a lot of companies on the Internet these days. The contact info only comprises a phone number or email. I think they are afraid if they are far enough away you won't want to pay the shipping, and therefore won't order.

If they ship from and to Indiana (also Ohio) as they say -- including numerous other states -- I would contact them and find out where you can pick up the tank(s) vs. paying shipping.

Here's the main web page:

http://www.plastic-mart.com/about_us.htm

I found this. Apparently they sell other companies products and are not the actually manufacturer:

How does Plastic-Mart.com offer such low prices?

Plastic-Mart.com has partnered with the retail and wholesale companies to offer their proprietary products online, which automatically eliminates much of the overhead. Also, because we work directly with the manufacturers, we are essentially a wholesaler ourselves. And a wholesaler with lower-than-average costs can sell at below-wholesale price.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/05/10 08:12 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Burnet, texas 78611

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: esshup
Burnet, texas 78611

How'd you find it Scot?

I wonder if they would be even cheaper if you picked up in Texas? I wonder if they have seconds?

D
DJT Offline
Lunker
Lunker
D
Check out Assmann plastic tanks. They have a Indiana location which would save you a lot of driving.

The Sienfeld episode references may begin now.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Burnet, texas 78611

How'd you find it Scot?

I wonder if they would be even cheaper if you picked up in Texas? I wonder if they have seconds?

I can't give away all my secrets! wink grin

Usually if you have a phone number, you can find the address on the internet.

If they're reselling them (as in a distributor or broker) they probably won't have 2nds. Those you might be able to find at the mfg, or the mfg. might just re-grind the bad ones on site and reuse the plastic.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: DJT
Check out Assmann plastic tanks. They have a Indiana location which would save you a lot of driving.

The Sienfeld episode references may begin now.

Been there in person. Garrett, Indiana. Didn't have circular tanks like these and the prices weren't that great.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
The eight foot tank although only $229.97 takes an additional $159.00 in shipping for a grand total of $388.97 I can get the same tank from Tractor Supply (last time I checked) for $314.99. The tanks have to be truck shipped.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Cecil, if the tanks will nest inside one another, I wonder what shipping would be on 2 or 3 of them?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Cecil, if the tanks will nest inside one another, I wonder what shipping would be on 2 or 3 of them?

Makes sense.

I've decided back up power is something I need to invest in before I add another tank. Gonna get a gas powered generator for the house and maybe an inverter/battery back up for the tanks in case I'm not home and power goes out.

On the other hand it may make more sense to get a couple of battery powered agitators for if I am home and power goes out and just have the RBC's run with the battery powered pumps I have.

Decisions, decisions!

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Cecil,

Are you thinking of using these tanks for your basement system? I know in the article that it looked like you have vertical barrels. I am designing a tank system in the house we are building so I can keep fish inside over winter and am collecting more ideas.

Brian
Retired Coach

Just another day in paradise!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: CoachB
Cecil,

Are you thinking of using these tanks for your basement system? I know in the article that it looked like you have vertical barrels. I am designing a tank system in the house we are building so I can keep fish inside over winter and am collecting more ideas.

Yes the tanks are for the basement system. I have two 300 gallon stock tanks up and running now. They are not vertical barrels. The barrels are the clarifiers. I also have a separate 180 gallon tank tied in that holds the RBC. Keeping the RBC in the same tank as the fish among other disadvantages collected debris which made it less efficient.

In retrospect I would suggest probably a barrel and utube siphon as a clarifer, but go with a trickle filter as your biofilter, and it also works concurrently as an aerator and blows off CO2. Trust me the RBC's are good but a PITA to build. Not as cheap to build as a trickle filter either. You just pump the water to the top of the trickle filter that is suspended from your ceiling after the clarifier and let it drop back into your tank.

The trickle tube can be made from five gallon buckets hooked together in series with screens in the bottom of each one. Menards sells smaller buckets if your load isn't to high. You want to make plates with evenly spaced holes on to top of each bucket to make sure the water spreads out for more contact time though.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/09/10 12:35 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Cecil, talk to some of the Amish people around you. Look into a diesel generator. There are small (physical size) ones. THey are quieter than a gas one, run longer on a tank and the diesel will keep longer than gas. But, OTOH, you could siphon out the gas in the generator and run it in another gas motor that you have to keep cycling the fuel to keep it fresh.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

N
Lunker
Lunker
N
I talked to a rep at plastic-mart about the 320 gallon circular tank and she said it would ship from Iowa. Maybe it gets shipped direct from the manufacturer. Shipping for that one was $159 as well.

Last edited by Nathan Payne; 12/10/10 06:42 PM.

1 3/4 acre, 1/2 acre, and 1/10 acre ponds in NE Smith County, East Texas.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/27/24 07:04 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/27/24 01:11 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM